Wadafaaak (EUW)
: Ryze, cassio, eve and kha in every game and too OP
I could probably farm the gold cass ur talking about like a minion, but in higher elo, they will just have a too op kit. The movement speed and tankiness, with stun is perhaps a better advantage than what other champs can offer. Also with eve. Even with 1 hp she can just kill anyone late with a stun, usual combo and ult. It's a joke. If I see these champs i dodge, but when theyre in every game the game is ruined..
Rioter Comments
: Riot, you know the saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
I think the preseason is much more fun, also creates more awareness on objectives.
: The current state of the game. If you're not happy with the game, help me hopefully change it
> [{quoted}](name=BlackHasC4nc3r,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EeXpq73q,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-20T22:41:46.452+0000) > > Alright, so here it begins. The long long talk about this game. And why? Because league is dying, and Riot refuses that. Adding new champs all the time, unbalanced items, way too much damage in the game, way too much cc and all that. I've been playing this game for 6 years now, and I'm sick of it's current state. League is a bad game, it's really bad, and it's only getting worse in comparison to what it used to be. I'm going to sum up everything, and hope that Riot finally listens to others instead of all the high elo players, which is only 10% of the player base. If you agree, or want to add something, put it in the comments please. I hope this post gets big and Riot actually reads it, so please share it if you agree or disagree, lets fix this as a community. > > 1. Balancing > So this is a big one, Riot has totally screwed this up. Adc's that can just AA you 5 times and kill you because they're broken. Oh wait no, it's hard to click right mouse button on someone, instead of hitting a whole combo that can fail when dodged. Mages have way too much damage, and burst through tanks. Tanks are dead, so instead they survive a little longer and do damage as well, so they actually aren't tanks anymore but more of a weaker but tankier bruiser. And why is all this? Because of adding way too much damage. Literally all junglers oneshot now, which is fun because when you're fed you don't need skill anymore because you can hunt everyone down. And because of this mages and adc's needed more damage, because why nerf damage if you can make everything do too much damage? And of course there are the supports, that can just hook you, do more damage than an adc and instantly kill you if you don't have flash and heal. But yeah that's fun, because supports need damage. As far as I remember, supports were there to support, not kill people. In season 7, supports would always lose a 1v1. Why? Because they had no damage, as they should, because they support the team with shields, heals and stuns, not by dealing damage. Look back at season 7. Yes there was tank meta, but at least it was fun. These days, every champion has a stun, root, or anything to prevent you from using your mouse and keyboard and being an easy target. These days you can just permanently cc a champion and no one cares how fed they are, because they can't do anything so they will die. Or they oneshot someone, because everyone can oneshot as I said before. Toplane is obviously dead, bruisers can't really kill actual tanks anymore and get oneshot by mages and adc's, just like the tanks but a little slower. And no Riot, adding more items and champs doesn't fix your game, it makes it worse. First balance, then add more champions. The amount of damage in the game right now is insane, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that hates it. I don’t care that games take longer, I want some fun, no quick games. If I want a quick game, I'll play aram or 3v3, thanks. Oh wait no you deleted that... > > 2. Gamemodes > I think Riot is the worst with gamemodes. Acting like they're soooo special. Saw the video about normal urf? The urf everyone wanted? Acting like it's special bringing it back after 4 years doesn't make it special, you only prove that you've been hiding it on purpose, while that's the most fun gamemode ever. And why don't keep the gamemodes forever or rotate them every day like Overwatch? that's way more fun! I mean why don't you think of this? Why keep them away from us? We play games for fun, and now we have to wait until you guys bring stuff back. And don't start about servers and all, you're a multi-billion dollar company, money shouldn't be any problem. It's such a shame that such a big game hides gamemodes and makes them exclusive for no reason. Or no, to get more players at once when you release it again, because that's so special. Just make them available in the weekends, they're fun and should be playable whenever people want to play them. Just like in Overwatch, play the main game for serious games and gamemodes for some fun with friends. Shouldn't be a big deal to make that happen, and you'll make a lot of people happy. > > 3. Overall gameplay > the gameplay got way worse, mostly because Riot thought it needed to take less time to play a game. It really looks like Riot wants the roles with the most skins to be broken. Adc’s for example, they are waaaaaaay too strong! you press right mouse button and kill people, and sometimes you don't even need to kite anymore. Seems to me that they need a nerf, the new crit was actually pretty good, it made it fair. But no, adc's started crying and whining, and then they got the old crit back as if Riot forgot that they removed it because it was too strong. The map is good, it really is. It has a lot of interactions and good quality. But then you have to have champs that are obviously broken and champs that never get played. Like Trundle, Janna and Corki and some more actually seem to have lost their lives. I haven't seen trundle for ages. And the broken ones, Fiora wins every 1v1 unless the player isn't smart at all, Fiddle’s fear is way too long, especially early game, Neeko just throws a fast e that already stuns you long enough to make q hit 3 times at level 2, Kai'sa is an adc and has an AP build that deals more damage and actually can do half hp with her long range w, Illaoi won’t die if she ults and you don't cc or oneshot her, Kha zix oneshots everyone with his items and insane damage, and this isn't even everything that's wrong with the game. And how many bugs we got lately? Way more than in the old days. And the fun part, they don't get fixed as quickly anymore. Where riot normally disabled a champ, they now don't do that anymore. There are so many bugs, they just stay and get fixed in the next patch. Pretty nice. And what about hitboxes? If something doesn't seem to hit, then why does it? Qiyana's R is the worst of all, you're just outside of it and still get hit. Or make the hitbox smaller, or let us see where it actually hits. Same for aatrox q on his mecha skin, Lux q on all skins, hooks from Blitz and Thresh and way more... > > 4. Client > This one is the worst. Since the new client came, everything got worse. Remember that the client never actually had bugs? Probably not, as you got used to all the bugs of this client and the loading problems when going to your loot, match history or shop. Or what about it being slow from time to time? Can't remember a single moment the old client was slow. Yes this one looks better, but it's really bad. I would rather have the old one back, with no bugs, not being slow if you have a good PC/laptop and giving you the old feeling of league. A modern bugging client is way better than a working old looking client, right? > > 5. Ban system > I want to talk about this, but at the same time I don't. So to keep it short, it's bad. Flame a little bit, instant ban. Int hard and you can get anyway with it. Ruin a game by instalocking or trolling, nothing happens to your account. And when you want to better your behavior by turning of chat, you can't. Because for some reason it's hard to add a feature that allows you to turn off your team chat so you can't flame in any way. > > I know my name is toxic, but ignore that. Tell me what you think and share this. I hope this gets big. > Thanks for reading. Everything reflects a horrible understanding of reality. Thankfully someone already corrected it. I agree that they're too harsh on flaming while letting trolls go untouched though.
: When do we finally get rid of the stupid afk hostage situation?
Afkers are the worst problem in this game these days, and it appears that you're one of them. Hope you are banned soon!
: I get what you mean. But what do you think riot is gonna do about it? That one Nunu Support player in challenger is now gonna get "Banned" cause he is trolling every game? Fat chance
> [{quoted}](name=The Hero Simon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=00010000000000000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T15:18:33.478+0000) > > I get what you mean. But what do you think riot is gonna do about it? > That one Nunu Support player in challenger is now gonna get "Banned" cause he is trolling every game? Fat chance I'm not hired by Riot, so I don't know what they will do. I just give my feedback as a customer :P Hopefully they will put enough resources to find some solutions to the problem. I think there are many obvious cases of trolling. Perhaps one idea I could think of could be: Place punishment on anyone who admits that they troll or say xxx dont deserve to win. Since trolling is a way of expressing anger the trolls have a need of communicating to the team that they are doing so. It gives trolls satisfaction to sabotage and they must communicate it to make their own trolling satisfy them or releive their anger. So I think it would help the game immensely by E.g. just punishing anyone who say the typical troll comments like open mid, xxx dont deserve to win, gg go next etc. If someone wants to end the game, they can just click surrender button or play. I wouldn't be surprised if machine learning software could be used to classify trolling as well. So in more vague cases you could combine the troll comments with machine learning classifications. E.g. if someone blames jungler, and then the quality in their play drops very severely, thats a big indication of trolling.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadafaaak,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=00040001,timestamp=2019-11-09T14:59:46.670+0000) > > I disagree, I think most people feel anger in league. However various amount of people may express anger differently. I am saying that currently, the norm isnt to wish death on others, it is to troll. Not at all. Flamers are way more than trolls. The only case when the opposite is true is when one considers ANY player with a negative kda to be a troll worth of a punishment, which is a very common way of thinking among flamers themselves.
> [{quoted}](name=Sarchiapon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=000400010000,timestamp=2019-11-09T15:13:07.548+0000) > > Not at all. Flamers are way more than trolls. The only case when the opposite is true is when one considers ANY player with a negative kda to be a troll worth of a punishment, which is a very common way of thinking among flamers themselves. I think trolling is more common. People may correct each other sure, but I see much more trolling than saying something particularly inappropriate.
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadafaaak,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-11-09T13:07:53.402+0000) > >The nature of the teamplaying aspect of this game induces an immense amount of anger in people. In SOME people, not everyone. If those people can't cope with losing a videogame without wishing death to their teams and other lovely stuff, it's their problem.
> [{quoted}](name=Sarchiapon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-11-09T14:20:52.168+0000) > > In SOME people, not everyone. If those people can't cope with losing a videogame without wishing death to their teams and other lovely stuff, it's their problem. I disagree, I think most people feel anger in league. However various amount of people may express anger differently. I am saying that currently, the norm isnt to wish death on others, it is to troll. Trolling is obviously annoying to anyone and ruins the game. I personally find trolling more annoying than flaming, because I don't take words seriously if they're coming from people through the internet who dont know me. They're just wenting anger. Trolling however has a physical effect on my winrate and the time I spend on the game, which I find very annoying and demotivating.
: The trolls are still there, and you constantly blame them for your own faults? Good luck getting diamond through that kind of mindset, friend. And even if people troll, it's not like they intentionally tries to lose. I played with a Tristana yesterday, who constantly healed for no reason and jumped into the enemy bot 1vs2 for no reason. She's trolling? Maybe, but she also desperately wanted to win. Just don't flame them, I always explain them to not talk to me else I mute them, and if they use thier pings to annoy me, then the pings are muted as well. Trolls on the otherhands are never the reason I lose games. It's cause I never played good enoughh to make up for the 5th player.
> [{quoted}](name=The Hero Simon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T14:24:07.101+0000) > > The trolls are still there, and you constantly blame them for your own faults? Good luck getting diamond through that kind of mindset, friend. > And even if people troll, it's not like they intentionally tries to lose. I played with a Tristana yesterday, who constantly healed for no reason and jumped into the enemy bot 1vs2 for no reason. She's trolling? Maybe, but she also desperately wanted to win. > > Just don't flame them, I always explain them to not talk to me else I mute them, and if they use thier pings to annoy me, then the pings are muted as well. Trolls on the otherhands are never the reason I lose games. It's cause I never played good enoughh to make up for the 5th player. Im saying trolls are a big problem in the game. It's just too many of them these days. It's not fun to waste thousands of hours losing only because of people going afk and giving up. Yeah there are trolls in all kinds of degrees, people who go afk after 2 min, or who int or afk farms for 5 minutes and then try later if the team still happens to win a tf. Sometimes you may be in a league where you can carry even if there are trolls or 4 v 5. Then sooner or later you may reach a rank where you may be better than the average players of that league, but cant play good enough to compensate for trolls.
Raigh (EUW)
: Riot's worries about "Urf - Burnout"
I used to like urf, but now I don't see the fun of it anymore. Having pauses between skillshots is what a lot of the skillgap in this game is about anyway. Urf is really just about which team has the most op champs, which are boring to play against and chaos. I think nexus blitz could have potential for a permanent game mode though.
: a week ago, I played a ranked game where our Lee sin choose to stand still in fountain doing god knows what the entire game. (He didn't DC until the 5 min mark) and we couldn't remake, but we still won the game 4vs6. I never say an AFK is the fault of losing. But Even if the games I lose with an AFK, there's things I could have done better.
> [{quoted}](name=The Hero Simon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2019-11-09T13:15:22.744+0000) > > a week ago, I played a ranked game where our Lee sin choose to stand still in fountain doing god knows what the entire game. (He didn't DC until the 5 min mark) and we couldn't remake, but we still won the game 4vs6. > > I never say an AFK is the fault of losing. Even if the games I lose with an AFK, there's things I could have done better. Yeah we all won games 4 v 5, but im pretty sure its not most of them :p
: Going through your match history I see a Jax without smite as jungle who has better KP and KDA than you. You sure it's the troll fault for you losing?
> [{quoted}](name=The Hero Simon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ju4R34Nq,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-11-09T13:11:58.835+0000) > > Going through your match history I see a Jax without smite as jungle who has better KP and KDA than you. You sure it's the troll fault for you losing? I haven't played good lately, but so what? The trolling from others is still there. I recently bought a new computer and dropped some ranks while getting used to it. Before that, I was P1 80 LP like 6 times and never got my diamond promo since matchmaking give me unwinnable matches every time. But ofcourse, I'm not writing this post just because i couldnt get my diamond promo. I'm writing it because after playing thousands of games, this is the pattern that I see. People give up and troll all the time, I'd say every 4th game at least, very often early before we lost even a single turret! I feel kinda demotivated now that trolling is the current norm.
Rioter Comments
GilxeN (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadafaaak,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=N9ZpkpkA,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2019-10-10T16:33:14.379+0000) > > Just think about anything that you could've done better. Your team is out of your control, but ur own actions aren't. Never ff early or say "lets ff its lost" (it immediately prepares team spirit to lose instead of win). In chat instead of commenting your teams mistakes, say what they must do to win. Lol sounds so easy on paper but practically not. My scenario few games ago: I am a jungler, moving to krugs, bot lane teammates got killed for doube kill, going for chickens, tadaam another double kill, got lvl 3 coming to gank, their adc with BF sword, my gank was succesful forced cooldowns left the lane, moved to mid, bot lane got killed again DOUBLE KILL. bot lane already 0-6, what I can do at this point? Nothing, camp mid and top, mid won, top also loosing because he is pushing and getting punished but not too hard like bot lane, so bot lane were unstoppable because If I gank their jungler counter ganking forcing my cooldowns and I have to retreat, bot lane still dying over and over again, then end result you know what happened.
Those particular tips are the mindset required to learn fastest how to improve. It won't happen over night. And yeah, I think u just have to accept that we aren't meant to win every game. You're up against a matchmaking algorithm which is trying to make you win 50%. It says on rito site that they are doing that. Personally I notice that the better I play, the worse teams i get, and promos are 10x harder due to feeders etc. From my experience it just takes a lot of games before matchmaking lets you get past promos or a certain point.
: How to deal with bad teams?
Just think about anything that you could've done better. Your team is out of your control, but ur own actions aren't. Never ff early or say "lets ff its lost" (it immediately prepares team spirit to lose instead of win). In chat instead of commenting your teams mistakes, say what they must do to win.
Rioter Comments
Rios160 (EUNE)
: what was even interesting in tft to begin with? I literally played it once and never again, use ur strategy yes get draven with infinity edge and u win automatically too much depending on luck if u will get good item or no.my skill has 0 impact on tft.
Yeah after last patch, certain buffs are so strong, that u are dependent on certain comps to counter it which reduces flexibility and increases rng dependence in my opinion.
Rioter Comments
Zuptra (EUW)
: TFT Vs ARURF
I still dont get why they cant at least have constant circulating game modes even if theyre not permanent.
: Ikr, you take long af to build your demons, assassins, ninjas or elementalists you finally start getting a winning streak to hoard some gold, you've made sacrifices, lost over 70% of your health and sold your starter champions. You finally have the perfect comp. hElLo I'M aShE aNd I StUn YouR cArRies PerManeNTly instaloss
Haha yeah, exactly how i experience it. If the noble buff getting mr isnt ridiculous enough, this glacial thing is the worst. Its not just ashe, the whole team of 8 champ is actually stunned from start to end of battle. You cant reposition or anything, cause your champs will obviously move to enemy regardless and get stunned. It's a huge joke. Glacials were alawys stronger than demons, and now they got noble buff with mr as a buff and demons nerfed so hard its pointless to play them, and i laugh at anyone still trying demon easily wiping them out with whatever new random stuff i try to make.
Rioter Comments
1234567bla (EUNE)
: ***
Nobody will read and understand that mess of a letter. I suggest crying to ur mommy first, then come back and try again if u got something sensible to write.
Bouwer (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadafaaak,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=GAHFFoE6,comment-id=00020000000000000001,timestamp=2019-02-09T14:30:07.636+0000) > > But it does make me knowledgable on this topic. Allthough I am ofcourse much smarter than you anyway. > Oops seems its more complicated than your simple mind can imagine after all. You sound quite childish and arrogant for someone who is apparantly an adult and a scientist.
I don't even feel smart arguing with people disagreeing with me here, it feels like being dragged down into a pool of stupidity while continously having to make sense of the obvious. But hey as long as Rito displeases me with its horrible matchmaking algorithms, i'm gonna be here to educate people about it.
: This has nothing to do with computer science. Its pure statistics (basic one at that). Unless you claim to also be a mathematician you have no argument. :)
Algorithms and "using information" about matchmaking, how to make it 50% winrate is computer science. I've had plenty of maths while i studied even if I don't have a degree in pure mathematics. Listen, if you are uneducated and don't have a clue about anything, why do you even post? Can't you leave it to the grown ups? :)
Èclair (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Wadafaaak,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=GAHFFoE6,comment-id=00030001,timestamp=2019-02-09T12:39:22.561+0000) > > Matchmaking algorithms arent as simple as you think They aren't but that doesn't mean they aren't exploitable. Once you have some data on how MMR gain/loss changes you can pretty much read it like an open book. > demotion shield matters little when you get monkeys on your team as soon as you promote anyway. I've been in many circles such as from plat 3 to plat 2 for like 20 times, cause below plat 2 i get normal teams and above plat 2 i get monkeys on team until I demote. No, sorry. If you can't win at least one of 10 matches after you enter new division you shouldn't be there. When you stop using excuses such as "it's system that pushes me down" or "the fault is always on my teammates, never on me" you'll actually see how much you can improve in your own playstyle and mechanic execution. People who can play good have no problems with creating new account and reclaiming their rank for second time.
> [{quoted}](name=Èclair,realm=EUNE,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=GAHFFoE6,comment-id=000300010000,timestamp=2019-02-09T13:22:35.483+0000) > > They aren't but that doesn't mean they aren't exploitable. Once you have some data on how MMR gain/loss changes you can pretty much read it like an open book. Nope cause they use mmr independent factors in their matchmaking. Why cant you realize it when i say its not so simple? "One or more players trying an off-position One or more players trying an unfamiliar champion An otherwise fair match in which one lane has an unfair matchup Games can snowball out of control with early game champions or assassins, for example Sometimes, players just have bad games!" in fact they use all the info they have to make matchmaking 50% not just how they want you to think that its simple: "While we know some matches may feel like stomps, we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory using** all the information we have**, because part of what makes League so competitive is getting to face similarly-skilled opponents." > > No, sorry. If you can't win at least one of 10 matches after you enter new division you shouldn't be there. > When you stop using excuses such as "it's system that pushes me down" or "the fault is always on my teammates, never on me" you'll actually see how much you can improve in your own playstyle and mechanic execution. People who can play good have no problems with creating new account and reclaiming their rank for second time. It takes 2 matches to demote a division, but 15 or so for a league. We're talking about division. I've been in high diamond anyway so i know what rito wants you to improve to move up thanks.
xTigax3 (EUW)
: This is wrong, because Riot tries to balance games, as long as you are not outperforming to the point where Riot can't match you to get a 50-50 game you will be stuck at 50%. I myself learnt to feel the pain of it as rushed through silver last season with my constant 75-80% winrate but 9/10 games my teammates were literally apes, while the enemy team appeared like decently thinking human beings. To keep up my winrate I had to not only play against my enemies and find out who was the smartest person on my team, I also had to play against the time. I needed to get to a point strong enough as fast as possible to carry solo or with 1 or at best 2 others in my team, before the enemies reached an item point, where I could not do that anymore. My placements went 9-0 (and then i got a remaked onto me cause my client crashed counting as 2 loses btw cause after it, my winrate was not 90% but in fact 81,8% and then I had to play insanely good to keep that up even tho it was just silver, as winning lane and securing objectives was not enough anymore cause of the "balanced matches matchmaking"
Well said, that's how I have experienced it too the years I've played league. The more i own my opponent laner the worse apes i get on my team.
Tarolock (EUNE)
: calling yourself computer scientist wont make you smart the 50% winrate is the RESULT of the matchmaking, it is NOT forced on you, if you are better than your team/opponent you get higher winrate and tougher opponents, then there will be a point where you are not better than the players you get in your game and your winrate will fall, when it stops around 50% it means you reached your max/your true place, you cant go higher unless you work on your skills at that point, so once again, if you are stuck for 1000 games you are at your best rank that you deserve
> [{quoted}](name=Tarolock,realm=EUNE,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=GAHFFoE6,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2019-02-09T13:12:18.062+0000) > > calling yourself computer scientist wont make you smart But it does make me knowledgable on this topic. Allthough I am ofcourse much smarter than you anyway. > > the 50% winrate is the RESULT of the matchmaking, it is NOT forced on you, Matchmaking causes 50% winrate implies that it is forced. Causing is "forcing" sir. > if you are better than your team/opponent you get higher winrate and tougher opponents, then there will be a point where you are not better than the players you get in your game and your winrate will fall, when it stops around 50% it means you reached your max/your true place, you cant go higher unless you work on your skills at that point, so once again, if you are stuck for 1000 games you are at your best rank that you deserve Maybe it isn't that simple is all I'm saying. Some MMR independent factors that rito says play a role in matchmaking are: "One or more players trying an off-position One or more players trying an unfamiliar champion An otherwise fair match in which one lane has an unfair matchup Games can snowball out of control with early game champions or assassins, for example Sometimes, players just have bad games!" Moreover they clearly say that: "While we know some matches may feel like stomps, we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory using** all the information we have**, because part of what makes League so competitive is getting to face similarly-skilled opponents." Oops seems its more complicated than your simple mind can imagine after all. I am happy that I can educate you about what you failed to realize, and that I am smarter than you. Have a good day sir.
Tarolock (EUNE)
: >Unless your skills is two leagues ahead the 50% winrate based on machine learning is gonna keep you stuck for 1000 games before it lets you reach your true league which is a league higher. if you are stuck for 1000 games then your true league is not the higher one...
I'm a computer scientist and I know what i'm talking about. If you want to make a point, how about contribute with something more than baseless statements?
Èclair (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=RoninDefender,realm=EUW,application-id=N9uP9Byj,discussion-id=GAHFFoE6,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-02-09T07:03:59.440+0000) > > Last night after 8 matches win series I had a very hard/bad game, I wondered about the rival team ranks and when I looked I was shocked. There was a Gold 4 and Silver 2 while my team has only bronze and Iron players, our highest was B2. So I read about the matchmaking system and I found it very very unfair. Then read all of it, not just a single paragraph explaining how it deals with inflated MMR. Ranks do not matter when it comes to in-game matchmaking. They are a visual representation of your standing in the ranking ladder. They do nothing but determine your LP loss/gain and promotions. You should not be talking about divisions when you want to discuss matchmaking. They are irrelevant to the topic at hand. > So If I am winning I have to play higher rank opponents... Ok so this means I am also worthy of their rank... No, it means you have to prove you can play on the level matchmaking puts you into. By this you're earning a lot of LP while losing far less than you would if playing around your average division level. Not only that, players of higher MMR usually can skip divisions without even going into their promos. You should also consider the fact that players you mentioned had low MMR score and were playing around your level despite having higher division. The season just started and players getting matched too high is sometimes a problem. It happens but is corrected within few games. > Lets think about a football team in 3th division of its league. The only thing I know about soccer is that it's nothing like League. This comparison does not work. They aren't even remotely comparable, especially that you're talking about the highest league while comparing it to casual League play. Apples to oranges, man. > The MMR system creates a secret second Rank system where no one can see your success and your visible rank means nothing. No, actually the division system is far more forgiving and transparent. For starters, the old ELO system demotion was working like that: * A player with 1900 ELO belongs to the platinum tier; * A player with 1899 ELO belongs to the gold tier. Funny enough, not that many players enjoyed getting demoted to lower tier because of the one point difference. Meanwhile a player in 2019 has a demotion shield upon entering new division, you cannot decay under certain tier and you usually have some window of failure when reaching the bottom, meaning you can lose few games when on 0LP and not fall to the tier below. Not to mention ELO decay was a thing while nowadays you can leave this game for a year or so and come back with your MMR completely intact _(been there, done that)_. _Bloody brilliant, isn't it? _ And its generally far easy to use. You don't have to scratch your head when game assigns you new number and google it just because you didn't memorize the values assigned to each ELO. You don't have to say _"oh I'm 1 250 ELO player"_, you just say _"I'm a Silver"_. Plus, getting a cool flashy banner representing your standing is far better than getting four signs number. But those are only perks that came with the Division system. The true reason for this change was the fact that **MMR just cannot be visible to the players to prevent exploitation**. If you know the MMR formula which was shown on the game-to-game basis, you know your game. It was quite popular for high ELO players to play as little as possible just because the MMR was not in their favour. You can't have a system based entirely on a number you can't show. > Don't let people have matches across the leagues. (League means that... :) ) This is probably the reason League tiers aren't called "leagues" but "divisions". > You say "we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory" but this is not a way of sports thinking. Then in worlds don't match NA teams with Korean Teams because they never have "a 50 +/-1% chance of victory". Or match Fnatic with a gold ranked team because they are having a losing series... Competitive and casual play are two different beasts that require different approach. Believe me when I say this is for the sake of casual play. You wouldn't want Riot to give you _competitive treatment_. You aren't Faker so don't expect they to treat you like you're going to win the worlds. > As a result, Riot must decide if it is a game or e-sports. Just a friendly reminder - you aren't playing on e-sport level. This is not an e-sport for you. This is a game. > If this is just a computer game then MMR is purely right. But if it is e-sports, we must play according to the division regardless of our win rate. Divisions aren't relevant to the high level e-sport scene. Some niche tournaments you can find on-line do have something called _"fair bracket"_ but I wouldn't call a tourney for 5k RP total an e-sport event _(even tho technically it is)_.
Matchmaking algorithms arent as simple as you think, and a demotion shield matters little when you get monkeys on your team as soon as you promote anyway. I've been in many circles such as from plat 3 to plat 2 for like 20 times, cause below plat 2 i get normal teams and above plat 2 i get monkeys on team until I demote. The consistency of such pattern exactly after promoting or in promos is interesting, it's as if the system thinks it is too many above plat 2 or the division in question and wants to push you down to maintain a healthy distribution of players in different ranks. Not always but often when I promote I get really bad teams with a consistency that doesn't characterize just variance.
: Trying to make a fair match is not fair in Ranked System.
Unless your skills is two leagues ahead the 50% winrate based on machine learning is gonna keep you stuck for 1000 games before it lets you reach your true league which is a league higher. It is pure bullshit, scam and a trick to make you play more than you should to reach your rank. Rito is trolling you, and nobody is intelligent enough to see it because they think it is simple variance, but it is not, it is simple algorithms that are profitable for rito and annoying af for YOU.
qmqp (EUNE)
: Plz Riot
PLZ RITO I DONT WANT MONKEYS ON MY TEAM KTHX.
: https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/vToEzl9r-how-that-forced-50-winrate-myth-really-works-detailed-explanation Maybe educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself again
> [{quoted}](name=Player3Th0mas,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=AebIQnOE,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2019-02-04T18:11:48.597+0000) > > https://boards.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/champions-gameplay-en/vToEzl9r-how-that-forced-50-winrate-myth-really-works-detailed-explanation > > Maybe educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself again I'm not really interested in your shallow interpretations. Got any source for that or you just made it up? Here's one example of a broader perspective that doesnt necessarily contradict your own philosophy about matchmaking as you presented it: I would claim the possibility that if you team up with monkeys 3 games in a row, it snowballs and you just get stuck in elo hell with monkeys. How? If you get shit MMR, the matchmaker will search for opponents who are lower league but relatively higher mmr than their league. What kind of players does that characterize? That would be smurfs ofcourse or players moving up wards. At the same time you will be teamed up with other players like you, similar league but lower mmr. Then you will obviously get stomped every game. People having a good day will most likely beat people having a bad day even if rank of those having a good day is a bit lower. Perhaps ritos algorithm made by employees who are higher educated than you is more complicated than what you imagine. For example in order to accelerate people towards their ranks, they could team up winning people with others who have positive derivative mmr and those with negative derivative mmr will team up with each other to accelerate towards their ranks. As you see its perfectly possible to setup a team to win or lose even if total mmr is identical. The amount of ways are many, and if they cause people to play overall more matches, rito will profit on it, if they profit on it then WHY won't they do it? Anyway before season end I was dominating everyone in plat 2 as if they were nabs and now that i lost 8 out of 10 matches I still cant win in gold 2. It appears that small variations of MMR alone cannot account for 50% winrate. Last match top lane had 50 cs vs opponent 100 (and gave up all turrets fast), and as every game enemy jungler is everywhere. Ofc I had 60 cs when opponent laner had 30 including some kills. But I think its no coincidence that enemy jungler is always better than mine. You see I work with computer science and I know what the possibilities are in terms of algorithms and it takes basic economical knowledge to understand what may be put in action. If you got something clever to say, please share, but if you're still going to educate me with the wisdom of a child you might as well not bother. > [{quoted}](name=Tenchuu Khan,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=AebIQnOE,comment-id=00010001,timestamp=2019-02-04T18:23:55.176+0000) > > At which point in that article did you interpret this complete nonsense into it? This part? "While we know some matches may feel like stomps, we do try to make sure all teams have a 50 +/-1% chance of victory using all the information we have, because part of what makes League so competitive is getting to face similarly-skilled opponents." Here they claim that they use "all the information they have". This proves how Player3TRh0mas interpretation is a shallow one. Evidently matchmaking is more complicated than MMR alone. It's really frustrating to talk with people who has inferior intelligence, but on the bright side it is at least funny that the longer the discussion goes you will learn that I am always right and everyone else are always wrong ;) Here are some more examples mentioned in the article which rito claims determine matchmaking but are MMR independent factors: One or more players trying an off-position One or more players trying an unfamiliar champion An otherwise fair match in which one lane has an unfair matchup Games can snowball out of control with early game champions or assassins, for example Sometimes, players just have bad games
Yraco (EUW)
: Ranked wins seem random
In case u didnt realize ur impact in the game is smaller than you think, rito algorithm controls it all: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide There's an algorithm working against you trying to make it 50% winrate. ALso if the algorithm thinks you belong to lower elo it will give you elo hell. The algorithm also wont let you move up to your true league unless you give up your life and everything you hold dear and play 1000-2000 games. Enjoy.
: Ranked Games
As you can see in the following link, matchmaking is a sophisticated algorithm to match you up with better enemies and worse teammates if the "system" isnt convinced that you belong in a higher league. Hidden algorithms are there to make ritos job as developer easy, and your life as a gamer a suffering grind hell. :) https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide
: There is No Place Like Elo Hell
The system is designed to put you at a rank where it thinks you belong. Moreover the matchmaking is extremely sophisticated, sophisticated to give every single player 50% winrate. Obviously such pure statistics cannot be based on divisions and leagues alone. That is an illusion. How it really works is if rito thinks you belong 2 or 3 divisions lower, you will have this so called elo hell. Only after that will you have better teams and even up the winrate. If your skill level is about 2 leagues ahead of your own, you may move up relatively fast. However if your skills are just 1 league higher, then the system is designed to make you play 1000-2000 games before you can move up. This is because as rito says the games are designed to give you 50% winrate. If you win too much you will have harder teams. Most importantly if you play 2000 games to reach diamond instead of 300, then rito earns more money because you play more. Welcome to the world where sophisticated coding is meant to make you addicted, angry etc for profit :)
CJXander (EUNE)
: The game just wants to make sure your winrate is @50%, i mean, i had a pretty big winrate, then, out of the blue, the worst teams ever, the biggest flamers and the most afk team mates with PC or internet issuses. It's like they're collecting data and deliberately giving you THE WORST possible if you're winning too much. That's why boosting and smurfing is encouraged. You basically have to wait for a winstreak and avoid playing too much the game.
> [{quoted}](name=CJXander,realm=EUNE,application-id=Mpd1UjGe,discussion-id=u3ErTbRH,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-02-01T09:34:03.653+0000) > > The game just wants to make sure your winrate is @50%, i mean, i had a pretty big winrate, then, out of the blue, the worst teams ever, the biggest flamers and the most afk team mates with PC or internet issuses. > > It's like they're collecting data and deliberately giving you THE WORST possible if you're winning too much. That's why boosting and smurfing is encouraged. > > You basically have to wait for a winstreak and avoid playing too much the game. Yeah exactly how I feel. If i win my lane hard and farm my opponent every game, then I only get a team that feeds even more or teams with afk every game. And its because the game is trying to give me 50% winrate. We don't want 50% winrate, we want to win if we are better than average in our league. in the link below shows some reasons for giving you feeders: An otherwise fair match in which one lane has an unfair matchup Games can snowball out of control with early game champions or assassins, for example Sometimes, players just have bad games! Source: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752954-Matchmaking-Guide
RooneR (EUNE)
: Akalis nerf.
I have an idea. Leave the nerf as it is. While it is fun to play that champ it is not fun for the 5 others playing against it. Another suggestion is to nerf Akali until nobody plays it anymore.
Lleajy (EUW)
: I don't remember having 30+ min queues before the autofill. I recognize it might be a problem in higher tier, but I'm in silver, autofill makes no sense since it's a bloated elo. Why not make the autofill optional, so YOU don't have to sit 30mn, and I get my position. No ? Just pick it in your lane selection.
> [{quoted}](name=Lleajy,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=50qxKbge,comment-id=00010000,timestamp=2018-12-06T19:40:32.475+0000) > > I don't remember having 30+ min queues before the autofill. > > I recognize it might be a problem in higher tier, but I'm in silver, autofill makes no sense since it's a bloated elo. > > Why not make the autofill optional, so YOU don't have to sit 30mn, and I get my position. No ? Just pick it in your lane selection. Before autofill you couldnt even select your lane. It was whoever typed their role first gets it.
Garvo (EUW)
: Got Rank after only 3 matches!!!
Actually you can just afk and troll all ur games, ur rank is set, that's what happened!
ΠΞΟΠ (EUW)
: Can't load in to game.
3rd time in a row here
: I'll never play League of Legends game in my life
It is actually a problem that trollers are free to troll and flamers are punished.
: Yes. Telling a 13 year old to kill himself twenty seven times in a fifteen minute match because he "fed", indeed makes you a good player. Damn you Riot, and your foolish policies !
> [{quoted}](name=The Lane Police,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=Ax8rhU0i,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-12-03T08:40:37.579+0000) > > Yes. > > Telling a 13 year old to kill himself twenty seven times in a fifteen minute match because he "fed", indeed makes you a good player. > > Damn you Riot, and your foolish policies ! 13 year old kids who feed should be banned before they can even be told to kill themselves xD Feeding is much worse than writing symbols in a chat and smashing keyboard in anger. Nobody takes flames that serious that it is a threat to their mental health. Ok yeah, there's always that one kid who might take flames serious enough to affect his mental health, but then again, there is always that one kid who jumps out of the balcony after seeing harry potter to check if he is a wizard and if he will fly. The 13 year olds who feed however do real damage to this game, since if the grindfest isn't already annoying enough with the variance provided by the 9 other players in your game, its hardly playable with the amount of trollers in every game.
Rioter Comments
: Player behavior in general.
The biggest problem is trollers really. People say EUNE is the most toxic server, but trolling is 10x worse in EUW and has a much more negative effect on enjoying the game. Everytime someone is mad, instead of venting anger in chat they vent anger by doing bad plays on purpose, afk farming, not cooperating with team or player they are mad at etc. I think being strict with chat just makes the anger come out in more destructive ways for the game.
: New Dark Harvest
It's way too OP. It's no fun when you own and outplay a Diana with dark harvest in lane, and 10 min later she just one combos everyone with dark harvest.
EKKEBlSO (EUW)
: I wish I get permabanned after that game
Maybe just mute all works and makes the game more fun. i'm also tired of letting kids who say "go next" ruin the game after 5 min every game. By the way this "Go next" thing is the worst thign soemone can type. It basically tells everyone they've given up and makes everyone give up. The result is zero team work and feeding. I think it should be most bannable thing to say, since it destroys the game far more than meaningless flames.
lelfgt1 (EUNE)
: Add a Balkan languages in league
Anyone who is too dumb to have learned english should accept the consequences. I'm half Croatian btw.
zedxlegend (EUNE)
: 27-0 btw
He might lose his title for assault after the match. Would it be 26 1 then? :D
Slickety (EUW)
: Am I good enough for plat? Otp
Id expect a plat to have at least 67% winrate in silver. The game changes a lot and ppl do less mistakes, but it depends a lot on your champ and how you play it. I think it's likely that you may be good enough for plat. At least while you climb you will adapt and surely get there. By the way in champ select people are often commenting on other players winrates, but it doesn't really matter as much since they reflect climbing done in lower elos. A year or two ago i reached diamond on main while having negative winrate like 49% most of the time, I just won more in the end and managed to climb by figuring out how to improve my game.
Avexion (EUW)
: Help me selecting a champion
The meta doesnt matter at all. The only thing that matters is if you are good with a champion. In platinum zed seems quite strong if you ask me. Just play what you think is fun to play, each champion has different powerspikes and playstyle.
Show more

Wadafaaak

Level 293 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion