: Didn't you leave? Welcome back buddy. :D Not so easy to move on right? {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
Oh I did leave. I haven't played anything since. However, I did follow up to see if intellectual minds could be found.. Because I do not simply post and run. Which is kind of what Riot means is a problem.. If a discussion occurs, either party should be able to choose where and when it ends, which was kind of my post to begin with.. Are you capable of an intelligent conversation or are you still just trying to "disprove/discredit" me without making any type of logical statement of your own? Or are you just not capable to do so?
CJXander (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zaphityr,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=45b1ao1O,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2018-11-16T21:32:10.681+0000) > > Here's a short version. I have reacted poorly in their eyes. Playing since s3, trying to help Riot fix their player base up until s6, and then having a bit of a potty mouth and now they've taken rewards away for the second year in a row because of it. You've taken them away yourself, if it's 2 years in a row then it means something. You need to change :3
Well that really does depend on how you view it. I feel that an open discussion between two consenting people, shouldn't be policed by a company, even if that discussion leads to some actual name calling. If either party is no longer consenting to the discussion and wants to end it, there is an actual mute button right there, available for you to choose to not see what I say. Allowing for freedom of speech and/or individual choice and thought to continue or discontinue an argument. Should however, X party ruin games just for the F of it. They actually ruin games for others without them being able to choose for it to happen. And that's the punishable offense, if you actually work your brain and think about it in the way that you should. Prove me wrong.
: dont flame, dont get reported, dont get banned, easy inst it?
It is very easy indeed. But not in the way that you expressed it. Because censorship of opinions is a killer of all form of intelligence. If a discussion is harsh, that doesn't mean it should end. That's what a proper civil conversation looks like. In the old days they would just go brawl it out. Using words is not that big of a deal. If you don't want to discuss with me, just hit mute. If you do speak to me however and you're acting like a D, call me oldschool, but I'll call you a D. "Easy isn't it". If you don't like that way of speaking. Then just don't speak. That's also your choice in a civil conversation. Or call me a D back of course if you figure that me telling you that, warrants that. Trump generation. - If statement X equals no response Y, just yell out insults and/or "undermine" their statement with no actual intelligent statement of your own.
: >Just a good way for you to prove my point Riot. You posted on the NA boards and weren't able to find it again, then blame Riot xDD Very good way of showing how well thought through your post probably is xDD {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
Silly me. Signing into their webpage choosing EUW and ending up on the NA boards, make a post and then not finding it when I end up where I should've been in the first place. I must be such a stupid person who thought that someone would actually design something intelligently and logically right. You're a fun one.
Zaphityr (EUW)
: Here's a short version. I have reacted poorly in their eyes. Playing since s3, trying to help Riot fix their player base up until s6, and then having a bit of a potty mouth and now they've taken rewards away for the second year in a row because of it.
So it very much does belong in player behaviour Edit: Since they didn't make a "Riot community leaders behaviour" forum
Smerk (EUW)
: Most likely you just posted it in the wrong place. Moderators can't move posts, so they just delete them in such cases. Or you broke some other rule in that posts of yours
Here's a short version. I have reacted poorly in their eyes. Playing since s3, trying to help Riot fix their player base up until s6, and then having a bit of a potty mouth and now they've taken rewards away for the second year in a row because of it.
Rioter Comments
Vailikki (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zaphityr,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=73goHf9q,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-14T03:01:08.562+0000) > > The entire problem being that they ban people for cursing..... If they didn't do that. People wouldn't stop giving a F, and the game would be better off. When they do ban main accounts though, these people come back into the game, worse than ever before. Cause now they have nothing to lose except a bunch of games where they do as they please...... And we're left cursing them Just couple days ago i encountered a player in champion select, it was freshly level 30 dinged, no ranked games played, yet i was matched with him. His name was something along the line RiotBannedMyMain and the first thing he said in the lobby was that he doesn't care about the game anymore and he's only going to feed on purpose with that account. And there i am forced to either eat shit for the next 20 minutes and lose my mind + 20lp, or dodge andsuffer the dodge penalty all by myself letting this abomination get away for free. If i want to report him, i have to choose the first option and eat shit to even be able to report him. Fun fun
: Why does each flamer and troll think they have some magic powers?
> [{quoted}](name=SectionedOne,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=73goHf9q,comment-id=,timestamp=2018-09-13T18:22:00.070+0000) > > I wish they either perfected and polished the system a lot more or made it such that it at least feels more effective, because there is a weird amount of these kind of unnecessary people in the game right now. > The entire problem being that they ban people for cursing..... If they didn't do that. People wouldn't stop giving a F, and the game would be better off. When they do ban main accounts though, these people come back into the game, worse than ever before. Cause now they have nothing to lose except a bunch of games where they do as they please...... And we're left cursing them
: > [{quoted}](name=Zaphityr,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=RktYELzM,comment-id=00130002,timestamp=2018-09-12T15:30:20.373+0000) > > We do not expect everyone to have super unicorn behavior, puking rainbow and such, but it is always possible to keep it at least neutral. Be constructive. Provide feedback without blame. Have fun, but when you do, make sure that others are having fun with you. > > > This is the whole problem. If a %%%% is being a %%%%, I will tell him he's a %%%%. Just like I would in real life. I shouldn't have to alter my personality to play a game. I think that you will find out that generally you have to adjust your behavior for certain situation. You will not go to job/school and tell your boss/teacher to go **** themselves if you disagree with them, mainly because you want to keep the job/stay in the school. Same, we believe that League should be a friendly place, and you should go in to enjoy the game play, and not display behavior that should not be a standard. And just as in work, if you step over the line, you will most be likely put on some Personal Improvement Plan (Chat Restriction in our case) through HR or later on probably fired (so Permanent Suspension), in League you accept through Terms of Use that you will follow some rules. We will never try to change your personality, you can be as rude and inappropriate as you want with your friends in voice. You will also find out that for example in 5 men premades we tend to make exceptions (unless its in all chat), so we understand there are communication styles you might have in your social circle. But as long as there is someone else, who you do not know, and who can be offended by your behavior (and we agree that its offensive), then you have to adjust.
> [{quoted}](name=Smoljak,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=RktYELzM,comment-id=001300020000,timestamp=2018-09-13T14:24:56.036+0000) > > I think that you will find out that generally you have to adjust your behavior for certain situation. You will not go to job/school and tell your boss/teacher to go **** themselves if you disagree with them, mainly because you want to keep the job/stay in the school. > > Same, we believe that League should be a friendly place, and you should go in to enjoy the game play, and not display behavior that should not be a standard. And just as in work, if you step over the line, you will most be likely put on some Personal Improvement Plan (Chat Restriction in our case) through HR or later on probably fired (so Permanent Suspension), in League you accept through Terms of Use that you will follow some rules. > > We will never try to change your personality, you can be as rude and inappropriate as you want with your friends in voice. You will also find out that for example in 5 men premades we tend to make exceptions (unless its in all chat), so we understand there are communication styles you might have in your social circle. But as long as there is someone else, who you do not know, and who can be offended by your behavior (and we agree that its offensive), then you have to adjust. See, you're both right and you're wrong. If I disagree with my boss, I discuss with him like a human being would. And we come to an understanding. Sometimes heated. Sometimes not. If my boss were to be an absolute %%%%. I would still stand up and say it to his face....... Now, the thing is. When you act like some people in this game does. You deserve to hear it to your face. Just like I deserve to hear it to my face if I do. Should that get me banned though. Not. The "Everyone gets a medal" values has to be extinct. Not everyone does. Period
: Hey guys, I read through the posts and all the responses, and as someone who works in Player Behavior, this is quite interesting conversation to me, so decided to chip in :). First of all, it is worth to mention that performance of others is not always the cause of bad behavior in game. There could be tons of reasons, starting with losing streak frustration, over bad day at school/work, family issues, to things like bad temper, or not able to control behavior. There are many edge cases, and special occasions. But it is correct that big majority of this behavior is triggered by ingame events, however we believe that no matter the cause, behavior like flaming and hate speech and such, does not belong to the game. When it comes to people that do INTENTIONALLY (and that is very important to stress) feed or troll game, I agree that its one of the most frustrating things to meet in the game, as there is nothing that can defend you from them (like mute button for chat abuse). That however is not an excuse to start flaming them, and as it was said, fueling their fire, because this kind of response is exactly what they are looking for. In this case you just gotta team up with the other 3, try to win the game and ignore the feed (I have won games like that) after all, he will be worth no money soon, and sometimes he just works as distraction for the enemy :). Yes, it will not be easy. Yes, it hurts the competitiveness. But if you are in the team, 1 person feeds, 3 people try to win and you will start flaming hard, being distracted and destroy the experience of the other team mates as much as the feeder, then they have every right to report both you and the feeder, and we will most likely action both. Fight against trolls and feeders is always going to be hard one, because there are always new ways for them to creatively try to lose the game, but to help us win this fight, you need to be reporting such behavior, and not try to counter it by flaming that person :). We actively look over games and watch replays to identify trends and improve our systems to tackle down those. When it comes to detecting and punishing bad behavior in the game, I think there is more than enough messaging around from us, explaining how we feel about it. I am yet to see a situation where verbally abusing someone in the game improved their skill or won the game for the team :D. Also its important to know that we understand there is difference between sometimes swearing, like saying "damn, I %%%%ed up" when you accidentally flash into 5 man people over the wall, and then directly swearing at others, as in "What a %%%% did you just do idiot?". There are always nicer ways to ask such questions, and if you ever feel that whatever you are about to write could cause you problems, then dont write it. We do not expect everyone to have super unicorn behavior, puking rainbow and such, but it is always possible to keep it at least neutral. Be constructive. Provide feedback without blame. Have fun, but when you do, make sure that others are having fun with you. Last topic I wanna touch is the "I hate tryhards in normal". League is a competitive game, there is a winner and a loser in every game (unless its URF, then its beautiful 2nd place). Most of the humans really like to win, and really dont enjoy losing. And many players in League do not play ranked, for them, normal game is the highest competitive level that they are playing in the game, and so naturally, they want to win. If you go into game with some random players, you should always assume that they are there to win, and intentionally trying to get them lose will destroy their experience, the fun that they came to enjoy in the normal, and so for them you are doing exactly opposite of what you are trying to achieve. We have had talks about unorthodox picks, and I think recent patches showed that we want to shake the Meta, from time to time, but if you want to have fun in normals in some controversial way, better to do it when you have 5 man premade, ensuring that everyone is on board.
> [{quoted}](name=Smoljak,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=RktYELzM,comment-id=0013,timestamp=2018-08-30T14:11:54.745+0000) > We do not expect everyone to have super unicorn behavior, puking rainbow and such, but it is always possible to keep it at least neutral. Be constructive. Provide feedback without blame. Have fun, but when you do, make sure that others are having fun with you. This is the whole problem. If a %%%% is being a %%%%, I will tell him he's a %%%%. Just like I would in real life. I shouldn't have to alter my personality to play a game.
: Any new event generates these problems, Indie company btw
> [{quoted}](name=7Lands Conqueror,realm=EUW,application-id=ETj6EdvQ,discussion-id=IW0G6EGc,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-09-12T13:06:29.091+0000) > > Any new event generates these problems, Indie company btw Except for the fact that it isn't a new one. They just rehashed the imagery of the previous one from the arcade skins.
: augments stuck at loading
Yeah I got the same issue, Great event. Can't even play it right
: Riot, fix your loading screen
Yeah I have a situation where I tab out from loading screen. When tabbing back in, it's entirely black apart from names and load percentages. :S It still loads though
: a thought about toxicity
Sounds like someone needs a hug
Moetaro (EUW)
: Solo play LOL and brain rewarding system
It's really super simple. Stop using the ff feature. You'll enjoy them more. Because that way you'll start winning from the underdog perspective and then you WILL start to enjoy those hard earned wins. Because you pushed your team to a victory. That's why you're not enjoying. Because when you start getting rekt, you ff. And then there is never any chance to win off of hard earned work.
: get "driver booster" and update automatically whatever is outdated. This solved everything for me, you can even activate it for free with a google search :p
Well, I already went through all of that manually. And any software that updates drivers for you automatically is super risky and should not be used. It is a very poor recommendation to make. Having a software that does that is like inviting viruses to your house for a party :)
Zaphityr (EUW)
: Norway. Usually stable at 35ms, my ISP is 300/300 Fiber network connectivity. All other network traffic is fine. It is only related to p2p and online gaming. That's where I have ms lags. I'm running wifi. Have been running wifi steadily for the past 6 months without any issues. Gold plated network card capable of up to 500GB per second so it definitely ain't that. SOMETHING. Was in that Windows Update that is just breaking everything. I need to figure out what. It ain't my bloody setup.
Literally nothing has changed. Was gaming fine on Friday. Turned computer off at around 4AM where the update started. Turned computer back on on Saturday and configuration of updates finished. Since then I've been lagging constantly no matter how much I turn off background processes etc. I literally changed nothing other than installing the forced windows update.
Infernape (EUW)
: Where are you playing from, who is your ISP and how are you connecting to the internet?
Norway. Usually stable at 35ms, my ISP is 300/300 Fiber network connectivity. All other network traffic is fine. It is only related to p2p and online gaming. That's where I have ms lags. I'm running wifi. Have been running wifi steadily for the past 6 months without any issues. Gold plated network card capable of up to 500GB per second so it definitely ain't that. SOMETHING. Was in that Windows Update that is just breaking everything. I need to figure out what. It ain't my bloody setup.
Rioter Comments
πET (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Zaphityr,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EmWtZlIi,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2018-04-12T15:09:52.758+0000) > > I've looked at it a number of times and what I hear is Malphite using his E JUST before the smite actually does connect. So I think that's what you're seeing. Caitlyn lands an auto, just as malphite hits his E and then the smite "would have" connected. I may be wrong but it's what I see and hear anyway. After reading your post I decided to take another look at the replay, but Malphite used his E earlier and after that baron still had 1589HP left according to the replay data. Actually the only skills available to him the moment baron died was Q and R. He didn't use his R and upon further inspection I verified that he used Q on me and not baron. I could see this because of the debuff status I got when he hit me. Also there is no Caitlyn in the game, it's Kai'Sa, but according to the game itself it was Malphite who got the last hit on baron so it doesn't matter. As I see it, it only could have been either his Thornmail or Bami's Cinder that gave the killing blow somehow or maybe a rune or some other mechanic I overlooked.
> [{quoted}](name=πET,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=EmWtZlIi,comment-id=00080000,timestamp=2018-04-12T16:32:22.032+0000) > > After reading your post I decided to take another look at the replay, but Malphite used his E earlier and after that baron still had 1589HP left according to the replay data. Actually the only skills available to him the moment baron died was Q and R. He didn't use his R and upon further inspection I verified that he used Q on me and not baron. I could see this because of the debuff status I got when he hit me. Also there is no Caitlyn in the game, it's Kai'Sa, but according to the game itself it was Malphite who got the last hit on baron so it doesn't matter. As I see it, it only could have been either his Thornmail or Bami's Cinder that gave the killing blow somehow or maybe a rune or some other mechanic I overlooked. Ah yes you're right that it's Kai'sa that is getting the shot in. I always mistake Kai'sa for the Pulsefire skinwhen not paying attention to who it really is xD The only thing I can really guess then is that it's literally the burn off of Malphite's Sunfire Cape. He does have it so that's literally the only thing I could think of.
πET (EUW)
: Why did my baron steal attempt fail?
I've looked at it a number of times and what I hear is Malphite using his E JUST before the smite actually does connect. So I think that's what you're seeing. Caitlyn lands an auto, just as malphite hits his E and then the smite "would have" connected. I may be wrong but it's what I see and hear anyway.
: > [{quoted}](name=Zaphityr,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=0xW6dELl,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2018-04-09T14:33:19.954+0000) > > GimmeYourNumba, why do I feel like you are the type of person who enjoys the Player Behaviour forum just because you can poke at people. Ehh, not really. I just gave you an explanation as to why your original claims were flawed.
> [{quoted}](name=GimmeYourNumba,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=0xW6dELl,comment-id=000300000000,timestamp=2018-04-11T14:40:31.689+0000) > > Ehh, not really. I just gave you an explanation as to why your original claims were flawed. May I suggest you read the comments as well and then we can discuss if I'm on point or far off.
: I just trolled - An open apology
Self-insight such as this is a rare thing. People may say that it's made up. People may say you were just flat out wrong. People may say that you'll get what you deserve. What I say. I'm sorry for what's happening to you. I've been in similar positions myself in life. Just know that you're the only one that can keep you going, and being self-aware like this is definitely the first step in that direction. Keep fighting man. Life ain't going to let up and get easy, so just keep swinging and stay strong brother! As far as the in game behavior goes. You were in the wrong, you regret what you did. Can only get better from there :)
: Sooooooo people are not allowed to make mistakes in video games and learn from them? That's kind of the message you're giving me here.
Not quite mate. I would recommend reading the comments in this as well. There's a bigger thought process behind it. Edit: I do have to admit that when the originating post was written, it came from a point of frustration and I didn't exactly word myself in the way that I wanted to.
Zaphityr (EUW)
: There is rougly 81M playing league of legends as far as 2017 stats go. Cut off roughly 5% to withdraw smurf accounts and you're at 77M give or take, right. And of players in Gold: 22.25%, plat 7.86%, Dia, 1.72% and 0,07% are Master and Challenger. So if you pull out Silver and Bronze, you've got to cover roughly 24,6M players. So if you say that you cover each million with a 100 players considering the amount of players in every one game, you'll have covered quite a large number of games. You'll end up at 246.000 players that would be behavioral GM's. Which is a number you'll achieve fast by the rewarding downwards approach to GM's. Mathematically it wouldn't take more than a year or so to accomplish. And then you can start moving it down towards bronze and silver as well if you see the need for it. And that would be a system that manages itself. So no. It wouldn't be an all that hard to accomplish system. I did the math in my head though so I apologize for potential errors.
For someone claiming to like to be disproved, I've read quite a few of your posts by now. And you've very robust in your mindset that all is green and well in Neverland. You don't need to cover every game. If there's one around every now and again it would start changing a mindset. And I'm doing my math based off of the entire player base. Not the amount of daily players out there. If you look at your own games, do you actually meet the same people more than once. I sure as hell do. And I'm in gold. I've seen the same people on more than one occasion. And besides. If you take into account that I would play, say four games a day. Which isn't really a large number for a lot of the recurring player base. I would have been able to reach at least 36 players in one night. If I don't meet the same person twice. It adds up quickly and my calculation is also just for the first term. Not for the final form of the idea. Your arguments are starting to look more and more like you just want to rake down on every idea placed before you. Which is what your posts in other threads have a clear essence of as well. Re-reading a lot of what you have said in this thread alone, I'm honestly feeling like you're the type of person who would be working a community hive, where your entire job persists of downgrading ideas that might actually change things for the larger number to not topple the top layer. But more to the factual side of things. You're saying that one GM reaching 36 potential players per night played times 100. Meaning that 360 people would have been able to feel like something is being done, every day. And this is just a theory based mathematical idea of what the first year would look like. Your comment of "It's basically nothing" is not only mathematically incorrect, but you're also not taking into account that there are good behaving players out there that plays a lot more than four games a day and could be potential GM's. On top of that. I took the entirety of gold+ when I did my math. Which wasn't meant as an absolute, but as reference. All players of plat and above consists of roughly 8 percent of the player base. The higher elo's wouldn't really need all that many of said GM's either. The higher the rank, the less required. And the higher you get, the higher stakes, the higher chance of full tilt. Meaning that most of the GM's would be on the average player spectrum (where I myself land) and it would only require a handful in the higher one's, so your argument of "It's basically nothing"..... It's basically everything. I've done my fair share of mathematical thesis and psychological analysis, and at this point, all I can really say is. You're wrong.
: Please give us back the option to honor enemies
Agree completely. This is the most lacking part of any game. Not having the option to reward an enemy for a play they made against you or just a downright nice attitude. I'm thinking that they could easily add on a secondary orb for honorable opponent just for show. Doesn't even need to be rewards behind it other than to show off.
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > Same as with discussion board operators, right? Not quite, because of the scale. There are maybe (at best) 100 moderators in the League boards across the globe. That is waaaaaaaaaaay easier to manage than the millions you would require ingame.
There is rougly 81M playing league of legends as far as 2017 stats go. Cut off roughly 5% to withdraw smurf accounts and you're at 77M give or take, right. And of players in Gold: 22.25%, plat 7.86%, Dia, 1.72% and 0,07% are Master and Challenger. So if you pull out Silver and Bronze, you've got to cover roughly 24,6M players. So if you say that you cover each million with a 100 players considering the amount of players in every one game, you'll have covered quite a large number of games. You'll end up at 246.000 players that would be behavioral GM's. Which is a number you'll achieve fast by the rewarding downwards approach to GM's. Mathematically it wouldn't take more than a year or so to accomplish. And then you can start moving it down towards bronze and silver as well if you see the need for it. And that would be a system that manages itself. So no. It wouldn't be an all that hard to accomplish system. I did the math in my head though so I apologize for potential errors.
Dudyr (EUW)
: Any reason why promo games are rigged with trolls?
It's not only that. But you also need to remember that the people you get in your promo's are the people who are most likely on a little bit of a downwards spiral. So you're getting the people from the higher rank that are most likely already demoted once before, so the stakes are high for them, they need to win to not demote, causing them to me more susceptible to tilting. Which is probably the biggest reason why you feel like there is more "trolls" common in promotional games.
Sylvant (EUNE)
: Suggestion: show AP junglers some love, add 10% CDR to Runic Echoes
Well. Just do what I do when I run AP Evelynn. Build frostfang when you go back the first time. Most problems resolved.
Hannsen (EUW)
: Idea: More stats in post game lobby
Agree. It's frustrating. Sometimes it looks like you did very little as a support when in fact you have done quite a lot.
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > Behavioral Game Master This raises the problem of "Who watches the watchers?". And given that we are talking about over 100 million players here, we are also talking about at least a million watcher if we want any chance to even watch a fraction of all games. Who watches those watchers? Who corrects the mistakes they make and the misbehavior they show?
That's what I mean by self-sufficient of course. When it is first launched, it would have to be followed up for the first period, as any system does. They'd need someone overlooking some of the decisions made by the GM's. Once enough appraisal has been earned by a GM, it can be given the authority of following up on the newer GM's if they desire as well. Meaning that you would have appraisal levels for the GM's, as to what they help the community with. Same as with discussion board operators, right? After that system has been in place for a while, you'll basically end up having a community run tribunal, costing them literally nothing but trust in the community that they've built. And if the automated system is working to some extent now, that's exactly what they've been doing, even though it has a couple of unwanted major flaws as well. And as you say, the system they have in place has been researched and looked upon by many, and even explained by riot, and we still don't fully grasp how it's working and we're seeing a lot of people frustrated about it.
: First daily reminder that some players have FPS drops since 7.22
Hey guys, just thought I would post a solution for some of y'all as I know it's more common to play on a gaming laptop or stationary with wifi nowadays. I've had the EXACT same issue myself (mostly with League of Legends unfortunately). The delays and stutter may not be caused by performance issues but can actually be related to your network as well. And what I've found is that my stutter and sudden drops in FPS actually goes away completely if I change over to my 2,4Ghz wifi. Why? I'll try to explain below, as I know that not everyone knows exactly how it works. So, today most routers and wireless network cards have dual bands. That means two frequencies and two available SSID ("networks") that you can connect to. The Gigahertz (Ghz) marker is the way that flow of the wireless waves work. 2,4ghz has shorter waves so it penetrates material better, while 5Ghz has better range since it has longer waves but doesn't penetrate materials as easily because of this. Usually it will look something like below: Network 1: MyWifi - 2Ghz Network 2: MyWifi (5G) - 5Ghz The one with 5Ghz is the one where you will see the highest speeds for your downloads etc. (I have 300/300 fiber connectivity which I can only tap into on the 5Ghz network, but if on the 2,4Ghz network, I can only tap into about 30/30) I use the 5Ghz when downloading games via Steam etc. for most speed. However because of the signal frequency it isn't necessarily always the most stable one. For example, where I have my stationary computer over wifi, there is a bathroom in between the router and my computer, which will cause some stutter (water, glass and metal are the bane of wifi. Especially glass and mirrors I've found). So the 2,4Ghz that has the shorter wireless waves, actually has less "stutter" for my environment. So I connect my wifi to the 5Ghz for basically everything, but when I'm playing a performance game (moba, fps, etc etc.) I swap over to the 2,4ghz network, and I see no issues what so ever. Worth having a look at if you are experiencing issues and maybe have a full length mirror, or an aquarium between your computer and router for example! Another noteworthy thing is that I use a graphics card and monitor that supports G-sync. For some reason, with league of legends, I can fps drop down towards 30, sometimes even down to 13 when I run the in game setting on uncapped for FPS. When I set it to specifically 144 FPS however, the problem goes away and I'm steady at 144. Hope this actually resolves the problem for some of you guys, and if it doesn't, let me know what your setup looks like and I might be able to help.
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > If the automated system is working so well. Why are the boards filled with posts about people who seem to be reporting frequently, but feeling that it has little to zero impact? I have two answers for that: a) If modern medicine is working so well, why are there still people dying of cancer? Just because something is not perfect, it doesn't mean it doesn't work well or not all. b) The key words in your sentence are "seem" and "feel". You don't know shit about how often they ACTUALLY report. Hell, I don't even know how often I report people myself. I could guess, but that's all there is. That's not actual data. And how would you "feel" your reports impact? How do you feel a punishment for someone else that you are not informed about? How do you feel a 5% reduction of global toxicity caused by a change you don't even know about? And given how heavily our perception of reality is biased by all kinds of things, how can a vague feeling be any proper basis for anything when it's about cold facts? You can not use public perception as basis here, you need actual data. > If you did in fact want to bring a source to the table Hm? I just provided you with a link to 700 sources, including scientific papers, data published by Riot and many many more. > Because if a player is acting up, it is indeed, that persons psychological phenomena that is causing that outburst. That is absolutely correct. However, for punishing that player you don't need to know what caused it, you need to know what he did. > The same psychological pattern that is causing you to want to disprove me right now, is the same type of psychological behavior that the players calling out for change are putting out on the boards. I doubt that. I join these discussions because I know a lot about the topic and feel happy when I can help people with my knowlege or even come up with great ideas or thoughts together with them. And, a less noble reason, of course I enjoy the feeling of being right, exactly like everyone else. I know, it's petty, but I want to be honest here. But I also like to be proven wrong. While that is unpleasant in the moment, it's very useful on the long run, because then I learned something and I like to learn more about this particular topic, since it's my hobby. The people calling out for a change here on the boards mostly rant. Some, like you, are constructive and engage a proper discussion which might have a similar motivation than mine, but most do not. Most just want to vent their anger and if you start explaining things to them, they get more angry and show no interest whatsoever in learning something or, god forbid, being proven wrong. That is pretty much the opposite of my motivation. So in most cases it's definitely not the same type of psychological behavior that motivates me and the one that motivates players who create threads on these boards. > it would be the community putting out the hits collectively, over the course of a lot of games, meaning that each individual would do the work for Riot. That is a good idea. However, it's an idea that Riot had 7 years ago and they called it "The Tribunal". Worked surprisingly well, but not as well as the current system. It took up to several weeks to handle a case, the system was not able to handle all cases so it had to focus on the most reported players which resulted in many guilty players getting away unpunished and it made a considerable amount of mistakes. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't much, something like 0,1%. However, that is still multiple times as much as the current system. > Costing them absolutely nothing That is not correct. Keeping a system like the Tribunal running does indeed cost something. Not as much as hiring 1000 employees of cours, but still. > you would have a self-sufficient, self-educating system, where riot would only need to intervene on transgression cases These few words are ironically a PERFECT description of how the current system works. That's precisely it. It's self sufficient (it works on its own), it learns on its own and Riot is only required to check edge cases or double check cases when players complain. > Meaning it could be done by a single or two people. Yeah...no. Even a fully aumotated system needs way more people than that to keep it running. > It's been working, and continues to work in a whole lot of other games. So why would it not here. It did work. Just not even remotely as good as the new system.
I will look through it when I have time. Will definitely be interesting to see what they're saying. Work does hold me back a bit for the time being though. You're definitely seeing on this very different from me which intrigues me, so I'm definitely trying to see it from your perspective, although it's hard when my experience is different. I can with certainty say that nowadays I report someone 4 out of 10 games. And that's keeping the number low to not exaggerate, but I think it's actually more. What I meant by the player based system however Is that you have the opportunity to vote for a mute as I said, I think this bit is quite clear but where there is a much better solution to problems is where you actually have people in the game that have the ability to act. Say for the sake of argument that I would become such a player. I would be given a tag of "BGM" for example "Behavioral Game Master". Whereas an incident occurs on the rift, I am able to silently message the player behaving badly and issue a warning. If the bad behavior continues, I can issue him a mute without a vote. If it goes beyond badmouthing people, I could issue a one day cool-off. This would mean that you are unable to join the ranked queue for 24 hours. It's a lenient punishment and people tend to accept it more when it's fresh (yeah, I kinda deserved that). The presence of the BGM tag on the rift would prevent people going on full tilt as it would also act like an encouraging presence for good behavior. For example, a player running down mid to die. How often have you seen someone go full tilt and run it down mid to incite his team to forfeit? For me, it's quite common. So, with an incident like this one, a cool-off is issued and game gets cancelled. Giving a small amount of LP gain to to the non-punished team and a lower LP loss for the punished team. I don't want to see people lose up towards 20 LP for something like that, where the rest of the team is "usually" innocent, unless it's someone badmouthing the dude running it down mid, he would be issued a 24h chat restrict and lose regular LP for the loss, but the punished player would of course see the full loss of LP as well as the cool-off as to prevent people from using it as a "last game of the day; loss prevention". This way, you get out of the game where someone goes full tilt so you don't need to waste 40 minutes of madness, trying to recover from the loss of one team member and you can go about your business. The community gets to see that action is taken actively and feel like they're finally being heard, meaning that less people would actually go on full tilt as well. For the AFK's on the other hand the leaver buster can still persist as it does, as it feels like it is working quite well. And you can win games where one person just goes missing, whereas it's hard to win one where one person is constantly feeding the enemy team. For me it feels like a system like that is actually a LOT more effective than any tribunal issuing punishment after the events have already unfolded as it would take too much time to go through, and as you say is very cost heavy. The more active players can handle simple reprimands on the go and you have the people that care for the community issuing the punishments. You then have one or two staff members following up on the BGM's of course, so that it is not abused, and you've cut both the costs, the time it takes to manage it, as well as a frustrated community, and the amount of toxicity in one big sledgehammer of a blow. {{champion:78}}
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > Well. If you have the source to where you have your knowledge of the reporting system that I clearly lack, I wouldn't mind the read. Sure, [**here you go**](http://en.volu-eu.org/library.php). Just as a warning: This collection is based on various sources(700 references overall), one of them being a 300 pages document. So you might want to reserve a little bit of time for it if you really want to dig deep. I was not joking about the several hundred hours ;) > I cannot report what I didn't see. Or: "As far as I could see, he was trying his best". I never read that in my 7 years of playing League, except recently by a friend of mine. From my experience people were always pretty trigger happy concerning reports. But, when I think about it...actually I am wrong. In one of the sources in the collection above they found out that reports are actually not that common. People talk about reports way more than they actually report. A lot of toxic behavior is simply not reported, which is why Riot always encourages people to make use of that function. > I'm saying that the count should indicate where the check is to be made. Why not simply check every time? The new system is easily able to do that. > a trigger pops for an employee to actually investigate. I suggest you calculate how much that would cost. I can save you the time by telling you that it's billions per year (even if you are more then generous with what numbers you pick for that calculation)...more than Riots entire income. Manual reviews by employees are absolutely impossible. > I've never been, and will never be, pro systems that are completely automated when it comes to psychological analysis, because it is something that I know a lot about myself. What are your specific doubts about it? False positive ratio has gone down massively, false negative the same, response time has reduces incredibly (from days and weeks to seconds and minutes), reform ratio has improved. Simply every single metric that matter improved by switching to an automated system. If an automated system does literally everything better than a human system...why exactly are you against it? What is your problem with it...specifically? I know that some people have problems with the fact that machines can make mistakes...but the thing is: So do humans. And in this case humans do waaaay more mistakes. Reminds of something (i think) the CEO of Toyota said a few days ago: "Automated cars will kill hundreds. But they will save thousands". It's pretty much the same issue. Yes, machines make mistakes and those can have horrible results. But the same applies to humans and they are very often far worse. And in terms of psychological analysis: Not sure what you want say here. This is not about psychological analysis. It's about deciding if a player violated the community standards or not. While this is challenging (for machine and human), it's far away from psychological analysis.
It took me all about an hour of reading the recent player behavior posts, to realize that the community is crying out for the exact same thing that I am. They may not be as many words as my own but a pattern surely is visible. If the automated system is working so well. Why are the boards filled with posts about people who seem to be reporting frequently, but feeling that it has little to zero impact? Even if they haven't been punished themselves. If you did in fact want to bring a source to the table, it would be one posted by riot themselves, outlining what they've actually been doing and what rule set it is based upon. Not a collection of, as you yourself called them, "Personal experiences" or "personal investigations based on personal experiences". Because I may just as well just disregard your claim right now, as the one you threw in my face a post ago. A player based source will be of equal value as my claim no matter how you look upon it. And when it comes to player behavior it is exactly what it is. Psychological analysis. Because if a player is acting up, it is indeed, that persons psychological phenomena that is causing that outburst. No matter how you look at it, this is the actual fact of the reality. The same psychological pattern that is causing you to want to disprove me right now, is the same type of psychological behavior that the players calling out for change are putting out on the boards. And if you actually went down the path of my suggested system for it, you wouldn't need to worry about the "trolls ganging up on you" because it would be the community putting out the hits collectively, over the course of a lot of games, meaning that each individual would do the work for Riot. Costing them absolutely nothing. If they on top of this, added some of the player base as rulers on some of the in game behavior as well, you would have a self-sufficient, self-educating system, where riot would only need to intervene on transgression cases of the actual admins. Meaning it could be done by a single or two people. It's been working, and continues to work in a whole lot of other games. So why would it not here.
Zyzyx (EUW)
: > . Why is the community in such a downwards spiral? Is it? Do you have any numbers that actually support that? Or is it just your general impression? > I'm just saying that the "premade" reports are given way to harsh consequences. Statements like this are the reason why peoples general impression is not reliable. I am sorry to pick you out like this, but what you just wrote is just the perfect example for the fundamental problem about public opinion about what Riot is doing: People don't know shit about what Riot is actually doing and rather believe in some completely outdated nonsense. In your case specifically this means: Premade reports don't do shit. They never did. Even back in the days when the amount of reports still mattered, Riot had premade protection implemented that made sure that premades can't just gang up on people but instead their reports counted as one. But that's not even all of it, because nowadays the amount of reports doesn't matter at all in general, regardless of who it comes from. 1 report does exactly the same as 4 or 9. The system is not at all based on the amount of reports anymore and it hasn't been for several years. The problem about these discussion is that people discuss about the things they, excuse my language, don't know shit about. Again, sorry for picking you out like this, but your post is just the perfect example. In most of your post you are complaining about a problem that doesn't even exist. How can you allow yourself a judgement about the PB system if you obviously don't even know the most basic things about it and see problems that are completely imaginary and exclusively based on incorrect knowledge about how the system works? Don't get me wrong, I don't blame you for this. Not knowing how it works is rather normal, most people don't. After all it's a pretty special topic and as an average player you don't really have any reason to be overly interested in it. And it's a highly complex topic, so if you want to know your shit you have to invest (literally) hundreds of hours. Who has time for that? > Then on top of that, add on a count. Too many mute votes hit against you, chat ban restriction. You basically demand exactly the thing you just complained about: You want the amount of reports to matter. People would be able to gang up on you and punish you even if you are completely innocent. Except for numbers there is no protection at all against people abusing this feature and punish innocent players. This would be a HUUUUUGE step backwards. Reports need to be checked before action is taken. No way around that.
Well. If you have the source to where you have your knowledge of the reporting system that I clearly lack, I wouldn't mind the read. As far as "average player" goes, I've been playing since season 3. Sure I'm not the greatest player out there, but I've been following the strategies for the report/honor system for quite a few years now. And when I say that the community is in a downwards spiral, I'm saying that as to what I've seen throughout the years of play that I've had. So yes, this is as you say, based upon personal experience. But when I started playing, if a report was called upon in the all chat, for someone being toxic or for inting etc., the most common response would be what I usually say: I cannot report what I didn't see. Or: "As far as I could see, he was trying his best". Nowadays, people are more prone to assume that transgressions has been made because of the sheer amount of reports that they themselves put in throughout a day. When I say that the count should matter in the form of the mute system, I'm saying that the count should indicate where the check is to be made. If X mute hits made towards you, a trigger pops for an employee to actually investigate. Not instant punishment. I've never been, and will never be, pro systems that are completely automated when it comes to psychological analysis, because it is something that I know a lot about myself. Maybe I was unclear in what I wrote on the topic, and if so, I apologize, but maybe that explains it better.
: > Well. Yet another suspsension because people ruin games and I get pissed. Dear riot games, you are absolutely terrible at this. Instead of fixing the actual problems with this community, you penalize the one's who are fed up with constant trolls and afk's. > you give out account suspensions because I call a troll a %%%% Maybe because you're not allowed to break the rules just because someone else is doing that? > so that we can get rid of the core problem. People behaving like shit > I trash talk. For sure. Contradiction? > If you actually took care of these people who are just on here to ruin peoples games, maybe players like me wouldn't be spewing venom right back into the chat huh? Maybe you should learn how to control your emotions. Let's start with that, eh? Fighting fire with fire bears no fruit. Other people's misbehaviour does not excuse your own. Your job is not to act as a vigilante. If you have a problem with someone, report them. That's all.
GimmeYourNumba, why do I feel like you are the type of person who enjoys the Player Behaviour forum just because you can poke at people. Now to focus on your actual statements: Rulebreaking: I'm not allowed to break the rules just because someone else is. People do have a turning point of how much they can handle throughout a day/days before they actually do speak their mind. Contradictions: If for example: My AD is getting hit by enemy Soraka's Q every time Soraka throws it down, so I can't peel any health layers off the enemy. -"Buy an executioners blade mate so we'll peel Soraka better". -"F* you" I get flamed for the full length of the bot lane for not peeling enough for my AD..... This may be just the type of scenario where I mid game have had enough and tell the AD what's what, and eventually earn a "toxicity report". I'm good with words. It tends to rub people the wrong way when I decide that a harsh truth needs to be delivered. It doesn't even have to be curse words. Emotions: I am commonly known for being a patient guy. I work support. I've had my fair share of life hardships. Lets just say, people in the media have been known to murder for less than what I've gone through in life, where I have instead forgiven transgressions. Not that it actually matters for the sake of this argument since I have no clue of who you are and the same can be said the other way around. For all you know, this is a convenient lie, or it isn't. So whatever I say about it can be believed or not. To be honest, it's more so the actual Riot side of the problem that usually puts me on the tilt. Team jungler, refuses to contest a single drake throughout the game. When asked: "Can you gank bot when you get a chance mate? -"F* you" (proceeds to gank his premade top/mid only)" I ping the infernal drake spawn 2 minutes in advance, and then 1 minute in advance. Set up full visibility of the infernal about to spawn. I ping for assistance when it spawns. Team jungler is top jungle whilst four enemy members take down the drake. I ask "Why are you top for an infernal? We should contest it!" "F, you dude, you toxic f!". He and his premade both post in all chat that I should be reported for toxicity, enemy team complies.... Me: "Oh well, I'll just report him for intentional feed, and negative attitude". No feedback from riot that a punishment has been issued.... This is something that I tend to take notice to. I may have this going on for three-four days where I patiently just write up my reports, going about my business. Still no feedback that a report is actually having impact.... Fifth or sixth day, I may have had a rough day, 12h shift, whatever the reason, I'm sitting there thinking. Today is different. Today will be better. Same type scenarios continue to ensue. I trash talk. Is that really me not controlling my emotions? Or is it actually warranted on some level? I'll leave it up to you to decide, knowing full well that you may just as well have not read this at all or that you're still going point your finger right back at me for my transgression.
Zyzyx (EUW)
: That is actually a strong focus for them. Riot is not stupid, they do not just fight the symptoms. They are well aware of what causes toxicity and they do quite a lot to fight it. Just two random examples to show you how deep Riot is going here: * Riot actually researches how the tooltips provided in the loading screens affect the players behavior in the game. Not only do those messages have an actual significant effect, they even noticed that the color of the letters has an effect and even can be the deciding factor whether the effect is positive or negative. * A while ago, champion select had a different music than it has now. There were drums beating in the background and they went faster and louder, depending on how far champ select progressed. Riot noticed that this induced stress in players and increased toxicity in the game, so they changed it again. I intentionally picked those two examples, because they are about small things that no one would normally consider to be important...and in comparison to other factors they probably aren't. But they show how much attention Riot is paying to the causes of toxicity. Riot analyzed how much autofill can be used before it affects toxicity significantly, they analyze the players personality and include that in matchmaking in order to reduce toxicity (they even patented this special matchmaking, which is the only reason why we even know about it), they introduced honor in a very smart way to build a "shield" against toxicity, they researched the most effective punishments for toxicity for years, they know how much losing several games in a row affects toxicity, they know how big of a factor trolls are etc. etc. My point here is not that Riot is perfect. Especially concerning the feederbuster, Riot definitely has some catching up to do. My point is that the remaining toxicity problems do not exist because Riot doesn't care or because they are not interested in what causes toxicity. You won't find a company on this planet that knows more about this, Riot is the leading force in this area and a lot of other companies follow them in that direction, due to Riots policy to share their research on this. Recently this made the (gaming) headlines when, lead by Kimberly Voll (the new "Lyte" at Riot), the Fair Play Alliance was introduced to the public. It's an organization where more than 30 companies (including Riot, Blizzard, Epic Games, Discord, CCP and many more) joined to research and fight bad online behavior together. This was mostly started by Riot. That's not something a company that doesn't care or has no clue would do. I do not want to glorify Riot here. There is still a lot that needs to be done about toxicity and there certainly are things where Riot is underperforming. But they do care and they definitely know their shit.
Well if they honestly know what they are doing. Why is the community in such a downwards spiral? I'm not saying that they're not doing anything. I'm saying that what they're doing isn't working in the way that they feel like it's working. Some of it is. I'm just saying that the "premade" reports are given way to harsh consequences. In my opinion, when premades report, it should trigger a manual check and not go via their automated punishment. I honestly do not believe that a riot employee is actually viewing even half of what we type into the report text box. They've just gotten so sick of dealing with all the reports, that they've automated the entire thing and just gone "Well, done". Which means that toxicity in numbers is safer. So if you have a flex ranked four premade team and you're the fifth solo dude: If you say or do anything unbalanced in that game, you're almost certainly going to see an instant undeserved punishment. The moment when I completely stopped playing flex because I saw this happening: I miss one E on Morgana (I main support). Got flamed for it for the next five minutes. Replied with one curseword. Instant chat ban, because of four premade reports. Days following, same type of scenario, boom, 14 day suspension because prior punishment. Before riot changed the honor/report system, I had multitudes upon multitudes of honorable opponent, teamplay, friendly. After they changed it to their strategy of "We don't really need to look at it if we automate it", I have account suspensions and chat bans because the real perpetrators get away with it because they back each other up. A better solution to the actual problem: Implement in game mute vote. One dude acting up, cast a vote to mute him while playing (only non-premades allowed to vote ofc. Why? Read above.). Then on top of that, add on a count. Too many mute votes hit against you, chat ban restriction. 1. You've TRULY given the power back to the players to call upon what is to be looked upon as fair. 2. People like me are far less likely to go full tilt on chat because they feel like they can actually do something about it, on the spot, when it happens. 3. People will think twice about acting up, and if they do, they will see the punishment instantly for that game, and if it continues, over a longer period of time. Now before you say "Well, you've been given the power to mute anyone you want in your games. It's right there on the tab-menu": That does not actually solve the underlying problem. It is just another way to go the riot path of "If I don't get to see the problem, the problem is not there".
: So Zac Made one mistake one that could very well be from a sudden lag spike and he should get punished for it? What kind of do you suggest for this? 14 day ban because he overcharged E with the warning that if it happens again his account will be gone?
That wasn't the only mistake he made I might add. It was just the one that was most prominent to be descriptive to what I was dealing with.
Rioter Comments
: I got stuck in the lobby and nothing changed when i restart the client
Sitting around waiting for ranked all night.... Realize it ain't happening so you go some aram instead. Starting to enjoy yourself. Rito says no! No fun for you!
: I got stuck in the lobby and nothing changed when i restart the client
Eambo (EUW)
: [RESOLVED] [EUNE/EUW] 08-02-18 - Platform Issues
I have to say I very much like the well worded feedback guys! At least you're letting us know swiftly and very descriptive as to what's going on. Hopefully we're back to speed in no time :)
Zaphityr (EUW)
: Well. Just got a five minute sitter because I didn't ban.....
Followed by an accepted match. "Match Accepted" shows. Nothing happens. Hear a new group found sound. Match accepted still showing. I declined the ready check.....
Rioter Comments
desalmada (EUW)
: support suck, i play 1000+ games and can say. supports worst thinks in game. lowest effect for game winning
> [{quoted}](name=desalmada,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=ixkEXMEM,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2016-10-13T07:34:31.168+0000) > > support suck, i play 1000+ games Well not really. Tbhat's quite a big lie as you only have 384 games played in total. Support can make a big difference. {{champion:32}}
desalmada (EUW)
: support suck, i play 1000+ games and can say. supports worst thinks in game. lowest effect for game winning
Weeell. I disagree 100%. A support can definately make or break a game. Sometimes you're an underdog. Two inhibs down, you turtle up and that one single catch out by the support renders a teamfight win and you win the game. So I would never say that a role cannot impact the game.... You can absolutely. No matter what champ or role, impact any game to a win or lose condition. Something a lot more people would realize if they didn't just give up and ff games where you fall far behind. I go by principle of never forfeiting a game unless I've had it with the toxicity of a team. If it's simply the other team is stronger scenario. You don't quit. Cause you learn more. IE win more
: Yes indeed! I have had that same scenario, particularly as mage support. You inadvertently kill when you should hold off and let the ADC take down the kill. I nearly always say "sry" and sometimes I get that "np" back. It is then that you know that all will be well between you. I think that it also sends the message to the ADC that you aren't one of those Autofill Supports who goes full AP and is going to be farming KDA all game. I am sure that they are just as happy to hear that I am sorry as I am to receive the 'np'. I just came out of a game where no one spoke at all...nothing, not even in champion select. It could have been a premade on TS or they may have muted all, I don't know, but it was actually really good. I don't usually say much in game but I was the only one who spoke and that was to say gj, nice and "that daisy stun!" after I got caught by Ivern. We won, and won well with really good coordination throughout. It just goes to show that chat is not always the most important thing in this game.
I absolutely agree with you. The feeling for each other on a subconsious level almost is what gets stuff working. I was actually on my Nautilus for the double KS tho :P
mucr0 (EUNE)
: Support moments - The good, the bad, and the ugly
That one time at band camp.... Today was a good day. I was clicking all over the place in all my games. It all kinda started with one of the first ganes. Me and my adc was having a rough lane against thresh and caitlyn I believe. They were winning, slowly but surely and I got engaged upon and thought "screw it, I'm all-in" and just so happens I KS'd a double from my adc and said "Sorry for the KS, I kinda had to go all out or I was a goner while doing the B". He didn't answer until he returned to the pool and I was thinking "Here comes the wall of caps". And the reply was..... And this still gets me... "Np. Is nothing"..... My heart started pounding and I gave that game more than any game I've played for the past month. 100% focus. 100% win chance. We made awesome plays, we made flash responses. We turned chases around to winning scenarios. And it kept going... All night.... Short, fast, decisive wins. Solo Queue hasn't been such a delight for a long time. I know this may sound stereotypical but when I do click with an adc. It's when the adc trusts me enough to follow me in the fray of battle. If I ping for the turn-around, I usually know it will work. If the adc hesitates for even more than a second, It will rarely work out and the shaming begins. But for some reason I instilled trust and leadership for my teams today. I even got a friggin friendly honor. That hasn't happened in a while. Today was a good day. I didn't shame anyone (I think). I was about to, but clicked escape instead. I had my part in the mistakes that were made which I rarely admit to anyone but myself. I did some fails toom where I actually didn't get flamed. Or if I did get flamed, I at least didn't pick up on it. I even apologized to the team for us losing a teamfight that I had nothing to do with us losing. I was in awe of my upgrade in mood, my plays, my consistency..... All because a.... And this is where it gets really REALLY scary. A {{champion:67}} told me.... "Np... Is nothing....." when I stole his glory. For both adc's and supports out there. To sometimes just take one for the team and say "my bad" or "it happens" or **"Np... Is nothing....."**. Can make someone's day and restore a little faith in humanity.... Even if it makes you want to claw your face off while typing it, it might just make your night :)
: Riot have literally just stolen my account from me.
Well. I've read through the post, and almost all comments. And I have to say it does sound more like you've bought an account and are complaining about the money lost when purchasing it from whoever had it to begin with. Now before you go on a rant about how I'm being defamatory, read my thoughts through and through and you'll understand where I'm coming from and see the logic behind it. For example: Anyone who's stuck with an account for that long can remember the champ played most on the account while leveling up. You remember (maybe not the first one) but one of the champs you struggled to get IP for in the beginning if you had low cash and couldn't buy RP. You remember around that one time (approximately) you went premade with your friends for a week straight with an IP boost. You remember that one time you got money for christmas and bought those two expensive skins. And as you said yourself. "I finally remembered the password". If you in fact did create the account and were that dedicated to it, you would get through the password reset long before and be done with it. If you decided to shut down the original email, you would've changed it on the account before you shut it down way back when because losing the account was not something would want because it is dear to you. Also, the fact that you changed the email instantly when you gained access to the account, then swapped region, also sound like the typical thing a person would do if said person bought an account illegit as a new owner would move the account to where they want to play and wouldn't want the old owner to re-use his email for recovery and still take your money. As you said there was also a longer account discussion going back and forth where they did give lots of openings to weight in on why the account is yours. If you spent hard earned cash on the account. You remember which champ was bought before others etc. because you fought for it. If you had enough money to just throw out there and just buy it all, it would be even more difficult to remember as you would just go "Meh, I'll buy this and that and this. Who cares if I use it or not." Sound to me like they actually did the correct thing and actually went through the process but the most obvious answer is usually the right one. You were lacking information you should have (If you spent blood sweat and tears) and did not provide enough details even outside the questions they raised to prove that the account was yours. I'm not trying to be rude here, I'm just looking at the whole sum of the event with an objective mind. If in fact you own the account. You would summarize as much as you remember and it would be enough to get it returned to you. If you can't, then I doubt that the account was created and earned by you to begin with. Or potentially I'm way off and you did own it to begin with. If that's the case then I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here and will manage to get it returned to you. My two cents. / Zaph

Zaphityr

Level 126 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion