Rioter Comments
Zivoz (EUW)
: I don't get why people want soloq back, dynamic q is better for everyone except for people with high elo. Regardless of what you belive, you'll end up where you belong if your'e good / bad enough.
> [{quoted}](name=Zivoz,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=6au1RjoA,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-04-12T22:12:00.135+0000) > > I don't get why people want soloq back, dynamic q is better for everyone except for people with high elo. Regardless of what you belive, you'll end up where you belong if your'e good / bad enough. Thats bs. I've played in Diamond 2 till 5 this season. Never ever have I seen someone get carried by his 4 gay friends because they decided to put in a plat 5 with 4 other diamond 1s. That's just boosting but it is allowed.
Rouwhorst (EUW)
: Sounds nearly the same as Jayce. Get a lead early game, get the snowball rolling and deal tons of damage. Riven has also some of this snowball thing (difference I will go over in a bit) But when you do not manage to get an advantage then you will be much weaker then the enemy. Point is that you have to build damage in order to deal damage on these 3 champions, not building damage but tank mean you will be near useless. Compare this to Garen or Renekton who can build 1/2 semi-offensive item and around the same damage as a full offensive Wukong or Jayce. Riven however manages to get away with building damage, how comes? Riven just has a much safer kit (2 hard cc. shield, multiple dashes, short cd's). The safeness that her kit brings makes up for the lack of tankiness and allows her to build offensive. Wukong however does not have much to compensate for his squishiness, Sure he has his passive but that isn't really strong 1v1 or in the laning phase It gives around 60 hp at level 6 facing 1 opponent, which is pretty minor. other champions can regenerate his hp back fairly quick. In team fight however if might be quite strong (facing 5 man means you will gain 40% increase in hp) As last defence he has his W which might be decent when used correctly in the laning phase. But overall not a really great ability, toplane champions do not have any skillshots so you can't block them with your clone. But they have single target and aoe spells which will still deal damage. It could be seen as an escape tool but the invisibility only lasts up to 1.5 seconds and you do not gain a movement speed buff so the enemy will easily be able to calculate your position and counterattack with their gapcloser. Next to that Wukong brings barely anything special to the table, only thing I can think of is that wombo combo knockup+yasuo. Wukongs abilities are not aiming for a general goal: P: team fight durability Q: Single target damage amplification W: Repositioning spell + a little aoe dmg E: Initiation + duelling power (As) + a little aoe dmg R: team fight CC + dmg Note that a lot of power is in his E, which is strange for a dash. He instead has a mix of 2 things: dueling(q+e) and teamfighting(P+R) There is little synergy between the spells E+aa+Q+W(escape) means you will not be using your Q armor shred or your E AS increase. aa+Q+E is a strange combo since you are already in range to hit your aa, which means the enemy is most likely already taking counter measures. Apparently Wukong is meant to be an aoe assassin, which I think he is not very good at currently, he deals way too little (burst)damage to be an assassin. Sure he might be able to oneshot squishies, but I will be able to do the same with Renekton and Garen. Comparing to real assassins wukong lacks (burst)damage, has not long enough range on his gap closer, and has aoe damage comparable to talon. Afterall wukong is an outdated champion and has not been strenghtend ever since season 1. However somehow the champion is still intersting and fun to play. And perhaps Wukong might just be fun to and interesting because he is so old and his playstyle in unclear: it challenges the player to make him work despite his deficiencies. Therefore I can imagine it is hard to make big changes, since that might ruin those things and with that his cool feel. So, recap: No built in safeness, incoherent kit, unclear role and playstyle, unexplored thematics.
> [{quoted}](name=Rouwhorst,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0026,timestamp=2016-03-21T23:25:56.299+0000) > > Sounds nearly the same as Jayce. > Get a lead early game, get the snowball rolling and deal tons of damage. > Riven has also some of this snowball thing (difference I will go over in a bit) > > But when you do not manage to get an advantage then you will be much weaker then the enemy. > > Point is that you have to build damage in order to deal damage on these 3 champions, not building damage but tank mean you will be near useless. > Compare this to Garen or Renekton who can build 1/2 semi-offensive item and around the same damage as a full offensive Wukong or Jayce. > > Riven however manages to get away with building damage, how comes? > Riven just has a much safer kit (2 hard cc. shield, multiple dashes, short cd's). > The safeness that her kit brings makes up for the lack of tankiness and allows her to build offensive. > > Wukong however does not have much to compensate for his squishiness, > Sure he has his passive but that isn't really strong 1v1 or in the laning phase > It gives around 60 hp at level 6 facing 1 opponent, which is pretty minor. other champions can regenerate his hp back fairly quick. > In team fight however if might be quite strong (facing 5 man means you will gain 40% increase in hp) > > As last defence he has his W which might be decent when used correctly in the laning phase. But overall not a really great ability, toplane champions do not have any skillshots so you can't block them with your clone. But they have single target and aoe spells which will still deal damage. > It could be seen as an escape tool but the invisibility only lasts up to 1.5 seconds and you do not gain a movement speed buff so the enemy will easily be able to calculate your position and counterattack with their gapcloser. > > Next to that Wukong brings barely anything special to the table, only thing I can think of is that wombo combo knockup+yasuo. > Wukongs abilities are not aiming for a general goal: > P: team fight durability > Q: Single target damage amplification > W: Repositioning spell + a little aoe dmg > E: Initiation + duelling power (As) + a little aoe dmg > R: team fight CC + dmg > Note that a lot of power is in his E, which is strange for a dash. > He instead has a mix of 2 things: dueling(q+e) and teamfighting(P+R) > > There is little synergy between the spells E+aa+Q+W(escape) means you will not be using your Q armor shred or your E AS increase. > aa+Q+E is a strange combo since you are already in range to hit your aa, which means the enemy is most likely already taking counter measures. > > Apparently Wukong is meant to be an aoe assassin, which I think he is not very good at currently, he deals way too little (burst)damage to be an assassin. > Sure he might be able to oneshot squishies, but I will be able to do the same with Renekton and Garen. > Comparing to real assassins wukong lacks (burst)damage, has not long enough range on his gap closer, and has aoe damage comparable to talon. > > Afterall wukong is an outdated champion and has not been strenghtend ever since season 1. However somehow the champion is still intersting and fun to play. And perhaps Wukong might just be fun to and interesting because he is so old and his playstyle in unclear: it challenges the player to make him work despite his deficiencies. Therefore I can imagine it is hard to make big changes, since that might ruin those things and with that his cool feel. > > So, recap: No built in safeness, incoherent kit, unclear role and playstyle, unexplored thematics. Well said, completely agree with you.
Shadòw (EUW)
: just had a wu in my game and he carried the shit out of the game. He is fine atm, but i think he is stronger in jungle than on top lane. He still has a pretty safe combo with a knockup and lots of dmg But that champ needs all but a buff
> [{quoted}](name=Shadòw,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=002000000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T18:30:43.513+0000) > > just had a wu in my game and he carried the shit out of the game. > > He is fine atm, but i think he is stronger in jungle than on top lane. > > He still has a pretty safe combo with a knockup and lots of dmg > > But that champ needs all but a buff Ofcourse he can carry. Every champ can if they get fed. However wukong is easily countered. If someone dares to pick Wu into me I'd laugh beceause there are no favorable matchups for him if you know what counters him. P.s. I MAIN both jungle and top. His jungle phase has big issues aswell unless you get a BIG lead. You have 0 sustain early and slow/decent clear speed. Youre like an ad amumu but do 10x the work for the same results.
RG Umbra (EUW)
: ***
Stop with the spam. Report this guy for his monkey business.
madza12 (EUNE)
: I've never said your builds were bad. I am just implying that they can be better and maybe you haven't found one that suits your gameplay at this point in meta.I am all for the Wukong survivability buffs as long as they are reasonable but until such time maybe consider tryint LOLskill instead of op.gg because it's more accurate IMO. http://www.lolskill.net/summoner/RU/qverrr This guy is ranked as 3rd Wukong in the world and apart from not so impressive last game his game are very good and builds extremely interesting. Check this played a few days ago. http://matchhistory.ru.leagueoflegends.com/ru/#match-details/RU/94059720/202096773?tab=overview. I'm trying to help.
> [{quoted}](name=madza12,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T19:53:40.699+0000) > > I've never said your builds were bad. > > I am just implying that they can be better and maybe you haven't found one that suits your gameplay at this point in meta.I am all for the Wukong survivability buffs as long as they are reasonable but until such time maybe consider tryint LOLskill instead of op.gg because it's more accurate IMO. > > http://www.lolskill.net/summoner/RU/qverrr > > This guy is ranked as 3rd Wukong in the world and apart from not so impressive last game his game are very good and builds extremely interesting. > > Check this played a few days ago. > > http://matchhistory.ru.leagueoflegends.com/ru/#match-details/RU/94059720/202096773?tab=overview. > > I'm trying to help. Sure thing buddy. I'll definetly try them out. ;)
: Not going to be offensive.. but i stopped reading when you said that Riven/Fiora/Olaf can shit on Wukong ! I never lost against one of those and theyre also the top easiest Champs to destroy them but the prob is why you still playing him as a toplaner since you said too many counters for him? Try him in mid or maybe through jungle with Cinderhulk than rush Black Cleaver and Titanic Hydra ! He needs some buffs.. both agree on that like idk why there's an AP scaling on his W.. E late game is only good to engage the enemy team to follow with ult.. Q feels like an early game to shred enemies armor and destroy them in lane. Hes good overall but definetly needs some buffs.
Buddy, if you can beat those champions they are playing them wrong. As stated I said: HE WORKS IN LOWER ELO, but once peole know how to deal with wu you get trashed. And I also said: I main both top and jungle. Both at which wu has a lot of issues. Early game sustain + slow clear speed makes jungling a hell. If the enemy decides to invade you are done.
Larry (EUNE)
: I am a terrible top laner and havent played wukong for a couple of years, but what i see on your post is that you compare wukong's ultimate with other ultimates and garens spin, but wukong's ulti is not meant for solo lane, it is meant for ganking and utilising it in a more-than-one champion scenario. It is actually one of the few utimates which is not utilised as much while being alone which leaves you handicapped until the channeling is finished. Other than that, i would agree that he is under the average of other strong picks at the moment in terms of damage or tankiness for toplane. Why not go for jungle wu? His kit obviously provides more stuff in that matter than top lane, just like lulu which is better for top lane though her primary role is support. You obviously know wukong inside out, and not like my following comment, but do try and play a totally different rune/mastery setup from what you think is best after you did your 'maths'. I also did the maths for ap ratios on shields for supports and came to the conclusion that building ap is far worse than utility as support,especially with the gold efficiency but in the end if i pick an ap setup with ap items just for fun, for a champion like janna, it brings a refreshingly new style and is far better in action that in my piece of paper. Edit: You can exceed that perfect creep score by doing jungle camp inbetween the waves.
> [{quoted}](name=Larry,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0021,timestamp=2016-03-21T16:58:42.317+0000) > > I am a terrible top laner and havent played wukong for a couple of years, but what i see on your post is that you compare wukong's ultimate with other ultimates and garens spin, but wukong's ulti is not meant for solo lane, it is meant for ganking and utilising it in a more-than-one champion scenario. It is actually one of the few utimates which is not utilised as much while being alone which leaves you handicapped until the channeling is finished. Other than that, i would agree that he is under the average of other strong picks at the moment in terms of damage or tankiness for toplane. > > Why not go for jungle wu? His kit obviously provides more stuff in that matter than top lane, just like lulu which is better for top lane though her primary role is support. You obviously know wukong inside out, and not like my following comment, but do try and play a totally different rune/mastery setup from what you think is best after you did your 'maths'. > > I also did the maths for ap ratios on shields for supports and came to the conclusion that building ap is far worse than utility as support,especially with the gold efficiency but in the end if i pick an ap setup with ap items just for fun, for a champion like janna, it brings a refreshingly new style and is far better in action that in my piece of paper. > > > Edit: You can exceed that perfect creep score by doing jungle camp inbetween the waves. As I said earlier. There are simply better choises on jungle right now. Shyvana or yi etc. WuKong has poor clear spead + poor sustain to jungle. He definetly isn't a go to champion for rankeds anymore. I will just move on and play others. :) As for now I am practicing mid and bot. P.S. I have never seen someone reach perefect creep score in a ranked.
OzX (EUW)
: Yeah you might be right about the slow. My idea was to turn him in a sticky tank since its the only thing that works atm..
> [{quoted}](name=MeProMeMid,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001f00000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T17:24:19.305+0000) > > Yeah you might be right about the slow. My idea was to turn him in a sticky tank since its the only thing that works atm.. Seems too generic in my opinion, but it works :) Still would take away variety in league which has been happening a lot lately. Not a fan of it but yeah it would put him back in game.
Shadòw (EUW)
: he still has >50% winrate what is basically enough for a champ that needs not all that much skill to learn there are other champions who could need a buff more
> [{quoted}](name=Shadòw,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0020,timestamp=2016-03-21T16:44:38.365+0000) > > he still has >50% winrate what is basically enough for a champ that needs not all that much skill to learn > > there are other champions who could need a buff more Exactly 50% on all elos. The thing about this is that it is deceiving(think about Aatrox*on top only, he is literally 0.1% winratio shy of Wu's winratio,do you think he is balanced?) I simply feel WuKong is weak right now and can't hold his own in most matchups. He is less fun and weaker than his former self.
OzX (EUW)
: I used to love the champ but he feels useless now without bruta and last whisper. You just cant pump out enough damages anymore and it's pretty much all the monkey has to offer. Random buff ideas : Passive : in addition to the flat value, wukpng also gains +5% bonus armor and MR per champion around (like the mastery, so if you have 3 champions around you gain 15% BONUS armor and Mr, maybe 5% is a bit too much I don't know) Q : reduce casting time, add a little slow, like 5-25% (scaling with spell level ofc, if you give a strong slow low level the monkey would be too oppressive imo) What do you think?
> [{quoted}](name=MeProMeMid,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001f,timestamp=2016-03-21T16:23:18.136+0000) > > I used to love the champ but he feels useless now without bruta and last whisper. > You just cant pump out enough damages anymore and it's pretty much all the monkey has to offer. > > Random buff ideas : > Passive : in addition to the flat value, wukpng also gains +5% bonus armor and MR per champion around (like the mastery, so if you have 3 champions around you gain 15% BONUS armor and Mr, maybe 5% is a bit too much I don't know) > Q : reduce casting time, add a little slow, like 5-25% (scaling with spell level ofc, if you give a strong slow low level the monkey would be too oppressive imo) > > What do you think? Sounds like something nice but it isn't really a fix. He would be way too sticky if he had a slow on Q. The mr/armor idea seems nice and might actually be good/too op. Depending on how much he gets.
: I think Wukong falls into the category of champions who are characterised as "ball-of-stats" and that's why he hasn't received any love for so long. I think he's oppressive in his very early levels as there's nothing to avoid into an E+Q engage, but it's true that the game has left him behind and powerless. In my opinion, he should be best played as a bruiser champion, since his passive covers for his squishiness and thus adds incentives for his 1st item purchases being a health item (Titanic, Black Cleaver), however he doesn't a kit like Trundle or Jax that allows them to do more damage the more they stay in the middle of the fight. You either ult successful and wreck the teamfight (that supposing you have enough damage to do so) or attempt to mindgame the enemy with your W and dive an enemy carry hoping to kill them with your combo, not your sustained damage. In my opinion, he should be up for some quality-of-life changes and cooldown adjustments. If Poppy can deal so much damage as a tank, then Wukong should have something better for his later stages in the game. Maybe his E+Q combo should apply the armor pen to all 3 targets once both spells are maxed out? Just as mentioned in the post his ult ticking faster is a great idea. Maybe his passive could give him some more stats once he hits level 16? Thinking of it scaling better thoughout the game, instead of 4/6/8, it could be 2 at early levels, going up to 10/11/12 at level 16/18? I mean okay, he CAN be oppressive early if he's too strong by sheer numbers, but if they take just a bit out of his early laning and compensate him with greater scalings in the other stages of the game he should be okay. Lower his cooldowns, up his Regen, up his base Armor, whatever. Rammus gets a freakin 100 base armor and converts his armor into damage through multiple spells and items. The monkey has been left behind by the developers in my eyes and while not the healthiest of champions, he definitely deserves a lot of love.
> [{quoted}](name=Albarn,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001c,timestamp=2016-03-21T11:00:36.872+0000) > > I think Wukong falls into the category of champions who are characterised as "ball-of-stats" and that's why he hasn't received any love for so long. I think he's oppressive in his very early levels as there's nothing to avoid into an E+Q engage, but it's true that the game has left him behind and powerless. In my opinion, he should be best played as a bruiser champion, since his passive covers for his squishiness and thus adds incentives for his 1st item purchases being a health item (Titanic, Black Cleaver), however he doesn't a kit like Trundle or Jax that allows them to do more damage the more they stay in the middle of the fight. You either ult successful and wreck the teamfight (that supposing you have enough damage to do so) or attempt to mindgame the enemy with your W and dive an enemy carry hoping to kill them with your combo, not your sustained damage. In my opinion, he should be up for some quality-of-life changes and cooldown adjustments. If Poppy can deal so much damage as a tank, then Wukong should have something better for his later stages in the game. Maybe his E+Q combo should apply the armor pen to all 3 targets once both spells are maxed out? Just as mentioned in the post his ult ticking faster is a great idea. Maybe his passive could give him some more stats once he hits level 16? Thinking of it scaling better thoughout the game, instead of 4/6/8, it could be 2 at early levels, going up to 10/11/12 at level 16/18? I mean okay, he CAN be oppressive early if he's too strong by sheer numbers, but if they take just a bit out of his early laning and compensate him with greater scalings in the other stages of the game he should be okay. Lower his cooldowns, up his Regen, up his base Armor, whatever. Rammus gets a freakin 100 base armor and converts his armor into damage through multiple spells and items. The monkey has been left behind by the developers in my eyes and while not the healthiest of champions, he definitely deserves a lot of love. His early game is the only thing he shines in (lvl 2/3/4/5) but once that is over every other champion completely outshines Wu. I think Riot should buff his lvl 6-11 gamephase and his late game makes his Q useless(an extra auto as damage) and his W needs a minor buff on something aswell.
: The way I see him he's a diver type of champ. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Riot said that they'll be looking at the diver type champs (rework). I guess {{champion:5}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:80}} fall in this category too.
> [{quoted}](name=Snibedi Snab xDD,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001e,timestamp=2016-03-21T13:48:30.286+0000) > > The way I see him he's a diver type of champ. Correct me if i'm wrong, but Riot said that they'll be looking at the diver type champs (rework). I guess {{champion:5}} {{champion:266}} {{champion:80}} fall in this category too. I wouldn't like a rework on WuKong. He will be the next Garen and Darius. OP and banned all day, then exploited to such an extent he will be gutted. Riot trend.
: Do you think he'll rebound later, or does it have something to do with his kit rather than the items/meta?
> [{quoted}](name=Gunslinger744,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001b00000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T10:50:19.419+0000) > > Do you think he'll rebound later, or does it have something to do with his kit rather than the items/meta? He has always had the same issues. I think its an issue in his kit and not fully the meta. I honestly couldn't think of a single meta suited for WuKong. Except a high burst assasin meta, but then the armor shred on his Q would not be needed. He needs a buff or he will be having the same issues for years to come. Atleast that is my thought. (even a small buff wouldn't change him to an op champ and the people wouldn't notice it anyways, like a bit of sustain or his R with a small buff lvl 6)
: I like Wukong, is he really this bad right now? I usually play him Hydra/Cleaver off-tank, but that was back in season 3-5.
> [{quoted}](name=Gunslinger744,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001b,timestamp=2016-03-21T10:37:07.294+0000) > > I like Wukong, is he really this bad right now? I usually play him Hydra/Cleaver off-tank, but that was back in season 3-5. Well he is definetly at his weakest point right now compared to other seasons. He was always fairly strong but the items just don't suit him this season...
Zeromatsu (EUW)
: Still funny how the "real" juggernauts aren't played anymore, but their items get abused by every other champ. Right now I don't see a reason why they should remain in the game like that.
> [{quoted}](name=Zura ja naî,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001a,timestamp=2016-03-21T10:12:21.467+0000) > > Still funny how the "real" juggernauts aren't played anymore, but their items get abused by every other champ. Right now I don't see a reason why they should remain in the game like that. Which is what ticks me off most. Seems like Riot screwed up on balancing and overloaded champions then called them ''Juggernauts''. Then they made rageblade which was a big surprise alongside ~~(yi,shyvana,jax,xin zhao)~~ which are juggernaut/bruizer/damage hybrids that are better in their role than any other damage dealer/tank or a mixture of damage and tankiness like WuKong.
Emillie (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=LapaKapciu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0006000000000001,timestamp=2016-03-21T08:46:23.660+0000) > > Im just a plat scrub but dude are you utterly insane? ofc she gets fucked by the tanks, she is an assassin after all, she is suppose to get wrecked by them. She also deals with the tanks better then most other assassins because of her true dmg. How is Swain or Annie is meta or even Diana, not sure what you been smoking bro but they are definitely not played a lot mid. She counters lux? A mobile assassin with three dashes against a long range immobile mage? With one form of cc that is laughably easy to dodge? Fizz gets destroyed by you especially pre 6 after that it's a skill matchup of who can dodge what. Ahri is strong now, not broken like zed but she is in a very strong spot. Mobile assassin, with the super safe laning phase, with great ap scaling, true dmg and nice snowball potential. What the hell else you want. Yeah I can tell you're a plat scrub lmao. Ahri is maybe 25% assassin, she is mostly a mage now. Her true damage barely matters because it's on 1 ability, it's a skillshot and a 35% ap scaling. It's not game changing and doesn't make her a tank melter either. Lux counters pretty much everything right now because she is stupidly broken. She can stay at a range bigger than Ahri's 3 dashes together and oneshot people from there. Where's the counterplay? Oh she missed Q, let's use 2 dashes to get in range, then use Ahri's extremely low damage to take 50% of her hp. Oh and she shields half of it too. Fizz matchup is not even close since charm nerf. Completely one-sided now. Considering you think Ahri has high damage I'm really surprised your rank is that high. You sound like a low gold / silver.
> [{quoted}](name=If Ahri Was Real,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00060000000000010000,timestamp=2016-03-21T09:56:22.774+0000) > > Yeah I can tell you're a plat scrub lmao. Ahri is maybe 25% assassin, she is mostly a mage now. Her true damage barely matters because it's on 1 ability, it's a skillshot and a 35% ap scaling. It's not game changing and doesn't make her a tank melter either. Lux counters pretty much everything right now because she is stupidly broken. She can stay at a range bigger than Ahri's 3 dashes together and oneshot people from there. Where's the counterplay? Oh she missed Q, let's use 2 dashes to get in range, then use Ahri's extremely low damage to take 50% of her hp. Oh and she shields half of it too. Fizz matchup is not even close since charm nerf. Completely one-sided now. > Considering you think Ahri has high damage I'm really surprised your rank is that high. You sound like a low gold / silver. Keep it civil man. Either way Ahri is pretty strong right now. I don't consider her to be weak at all, however I see where you are coming from with Lux. Ahri can melt carries and mages if she goes equal. She is not as bad as you say she is buddy. Not to mention last time I checked her W and R alone deals decent ammounts of damage. The thing is that she is decent/good, but simply a lot of champions are BROKEN this meta. Which is why I made this thread to maybe grab some attention to it with Wu and why I think he should get a buff. P.S. don't flame ;) We respect you
Xevestos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=madbaddog05,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00110000,timestamp=2016-03-21T06:33:33.535+0000) > > If hes my secondary he isn't my main anymore. But yes I am working on this by playing other roles more instead of top only. :D Either way I don't see any good matchups with him that would force me to pick WuKong. The amount of "mains" you have isn't fixed. And if you pick him here and there u won't get rusty and still have the plus of loads of experience. That still sounds like a main to me, just not like a one trick pony. Maybe that's the key to sucess this season, I'm unable to carry everything with just a dingle champ and atm I'm trying to build a pool of mains for all kinds of matchups. It's hard for me because I'm the one trick pony kind of guy. But I'm trying, i feel your struggle.
> [{quoted}](name=Xevestos,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001100000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T09:50:55.197+0000) > > The amount of "mains" you have isn't fixed. And if you pick him here and there u won't get rusty and still have the plus of loads of experience. > > That still sounds like a main to me, just not like a one trick pony. > Maybe that's the key to sucess this season, I'm unable to carry everything with just a dingle champ and atm I'm trying to build a pool of mains for all kinds of matchups. > > It's hard for me because I'm the one trick pony kind of guy. But I'm trying, i feel your struggle. Sounds legit buddy! I'll give it a try ;)
Gaddafi (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=madbaddog05,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T19:49:00.126+0000) > A champion I have literally 1000x more experience with couldn't get me to where a ''op meta champ'' got me. That's just the way it is, sometimes we all have to adapt and go the other way unfortunately. +1 for having everything covered, i hope that the monkey will shine again :)
> [{quoted}](name=ThugLif3071,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00020000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T09:09:59.616+0000) > > A champion I have literally 1000x more experience with couldn't get me to where a ''op meta champ'' got me. > > That's just the way it is, sometimes we all have to adapt and go the other way unfortunately. +1 for having everything covered, i hope that the monkey will shine again :) Well I tried my best and want to see what the community think :) Maybe I'm wrong though which is why I posted, guess im not ;P
: Jk. He eat some bananas and will be k ;)
> [{quoted}](name=IChooseUPikachu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=001800000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T08:51:02.010+0000) > > Jk. He eat some bananas and will be k ;) Bananas are a bit radioactive. Maybe he will get superpowers and will be able to become OP? Who knows... {{champion:62}} {{summoner:11}}
Cosmick (EUW)
: 554 dmg for a lvl 6 ultimate isn't weak, it's actually in line with the _majority_ of ultimates at lvl 6, a lot of your initial post also centres around enemy picks as an argument whether Wukong works or not.., I'm sorry to say, but that is the case for just about every champ in the game. That being said, I do still agree with you despite having very limited amounts of games with Wukong, not because I find him weak (Probably due to elo as you mentioned), but because it's painfully obvious that a select few champions have been buffed for more spotlight this season, while others have just been left in their season 4 (5?) state, realistically being unable to compete.
> [{quoted}](name=Cosmick,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0019,timestamp=2016-03-21T08:50:53.115+0000) > > 554 dmg for a lvl 6 ultimate isn't weak, it's actually in line with the _majority_ of ultimates at lvl 6, a lot of your initial post also centres around enemy picks as an argument whether Wukong works or not.., I'm sorry to say, but that is the case for just about every champ in the game. > > That being said, I do still agree with you despite having very limited amounts of games with Wukong, not because I find him weak (Probably due to elo as you mentioned), but because it's painfully obvious that a select few champions have been buffed for more spotlight this season, while others have just been left in their season 4 (5?) state, realistically being unable to compete. This was with someone CSing PERFECTLY and having the BEST possible outcome. And P.S. 554 damage at level 10 in 4 seconds is WEAK. Thats 138.5 damage each second if you went full ad and didn't fall behind. Now imagine if you fell behind it would decrease by like 22(88 total) per tick. Edit: Fixed the math on R a bit didn't check it and did it fast so its an avarage. But still fairly accurate.
: Wukong will miss you dude :)
> [{quoted}](name=IChooseUPikachu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0018,timestamp=2016-03-21T08:48:16.275+0000) > > Wukong will miss you dude :) And I miss him already {{item:3070}}
Skere (EUW)
: To be honest if you lose to all of those matchups, you are doing something horribly wrong.
> [{quoted}](name=Skere,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000600000001,timestamp=2016-03-21T07:52:30.350+0000) > > To be honest if you lose to all of those matchups, you are doing something horribly wrong. I lose the matchup but it takes WAY more effort than other champions. Pick WuKong yourself in a ranked platinum game and try it yourself. P.s. I don't lose ALL of them but when I go equal I see it as a loss aswell since I scale like shit during lvl 6-10.
Zikr (EUW)
: I quit maining WuKong after 1.3k Wuk games
Just made my thoughts on ''what I think is weak'' didn't think it through a lot since im bussy but there you go.
Wukongz (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Dardasim,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00080000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T07:10:27.293+0000) > > I've tried the ghostblade. It didn't work out. > > But seriously. Something should be done about Wu's early sustain. The only way I see it is a buff to his W. I don't want to be an invincible god of destruction but damn. The reason why people rush ghostblade over hydra is because it is a bit more goldefficient and gives a nice passive + armpen and cooldown. Usually people choose between hydra or ghostblade, but it depends on every game. If you are ahead and can afford rev. hydra get that item and split if you can 1v1(which is rare, because getting ahead this much would mean you can carry). I would recommend hydra though as you can farm easily with it. But ghostblade would make you more mobile in teamfights. Either way yes Wu's item paths suck. Since the LW and Black cleaver items aren't as good as the former LW or cleaver anymore on Wu.
Wukongz (EUNE)
: ***
> I've been playing Wukong since season 4 and I got to plat with him as jungle. Then things started going down the drain so I switched back to support, but lately I've been feeling like top/jungle again. > > Anyway, that Kennen started with {{item:1055}} and poked me to death. Plus, he got a gank and that was it for me. By the time I returned to lane he was already 2 levels ahead and freezing. > Later on I got distortion boots and started picking their backline up. They were pink warding me indeed but a ward doesn't stop my Flash > E > Ult combo. Our LB was fed and she could work with me splitting their team in 2. Our Lee could also ward-hop-kick so it worked out nicely. I did my good deed for the day and redeemed my disgusting laning phase which almost cost us the game. > > I've found that starting {{item:2033}} or {{item:1029}} {{item:2003}} x4 makes the most sense since I'll get out-traded by almost everyone. Yes, once you fall behind as WuKong during lanephase it is hard to come back. What you should have done was start those items indeed but I would go for {{item:2033}} over cloth 4 against kennen simply because you should look for trades level 3. As for ganks they are easily done on WuKong if they manage to bait your E and W. (which is what you use most cases to trade) ward and try to survive lanephase. As for builds: If you are experienced rush ghostblade and try this: http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=c00lstorykong Or if you want to play it safe: http://www.probuilds.net/guide/show/NA/2107586185/21337269 > as for top swap the jungle item with ghostblade. I don't recommend maw as Wu relies on his ult for damage and the item isn't really costefficient. I don't recommend warmogs either since the item has been nerfed and {{item:3742}} is better overall imo. > As far as top lane picks go, I've been hovering over {{champion:245}} and {{champion:43}} on a smurf account and I'm considering playing those on my main. Those champions are viable. However karma is squishy so be careful and I don't recommend first picking them. Try to pick around your team and they should work :)
Sefi (EUNE)
: How about Wukong support? Cause the best way to protect your carry is to rip the enemy carry's face off 0:) (tried it once in normals and i couldnt stop laughing, getting an S rank even, but went positive)
> [{quoted}](name=BlueStr,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2016-03-21T06:37:48.335+0000) > > How about Wukong support? Cause the best way to protect your carry is to rip the enemy carry's face off 0:) > > (tried it once in normals and i couldnt stop laughing, getting an S rank even, but went positive) Yes, WuKong support is viable imo. However don't pick it into Janna or Alistar.
Xevestos (EUW)
: Well maybe you shouldn't stop maining him but build a bigger champion pool and use him as situational pick in good matchups. I did the same with yasuo I played around 2k normals and 100 rankeds with him, he is like 80% of my lol experience,I barely play him anymore except I have a good matchup/teamcomp.
> [{quoted}](name=Xevestos,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0011,timestamp=2016-03-21T06:24:34.797+0000) > > Well maybe you shouldn't stop maining him but build a bigger champion pool and use him as situational pick in good matchups. > > I did the same with yasuo I played around 2k normals and 100 rankeds with him, he is like 80% of my lol experience,I barely play him anymore except I have a good matchup/teamcomp. If hes my secondary he isn't my main anymore. But yes I am working on this by playing other roles more instead of top only. :D Either way I don't see any good matchups with him that would force me to pick WuKong.
Nakoruru (EUNE)
: You may get help of [Instructors](http://boards.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/new-player-advice-euw/qErTeZ5P-instructors-who-are-they-and-what-do-they-do). They have light-blue names at Boards.
> [{quoted}](name=Nakoruru,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QyhOco0M,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2016-03-21T04:17:12.669+0000) > > You may get help of [Instructors](http://boards.eune.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/new-player-advice-euw/qErTeZ5P-instructors-who-are-they-and-what-do-they-do). They have light-blue names at Boards. Let's see if somebody reacts ;)
Chucklenut (EUNE)
: What's the problem? Just ask, and i'll answer!
> [{quoted}](name=Chucklenut,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=QyhOco0M,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-03-20T23:52:27.613+0000) > > What's the problem? Just ask, and i'll answer! I don't really know my own problems.(game changing ones.) can spot the small ones though :) I just want someone to look at my games 3 times or something and tell me my flaws.
: i only sort-of see where you are coming from. but its close enough to what i would have said so i dont think i need to make a new comment thread. the issue isnt tanks dealing so much base damage they only go tank. its the fact that the only way to go and NOT be destroyed, is juggernaut. as a toplane you either go damage and get globaled, or go tank and do pretty good damage. theres so much kite, ranged CC, dashes and hops that most champs just cannot guarantee they can get on someone, so in order to reliably be useful they need to be able to survive until they get to try again. with junglers able to become hypercarries. and AD hypercarries still existing, and AD assassins getting an anti-tank item, its now harder then ever to be a toplaner without at LEAST 3.5k hp. anything less then that and you are squishy. i remember when 3k hp was pretty damn tanky, 4k was full tank and 5k was something stupid like double-warmogs mundo. now 3.5k is risky, 4k is average and 5k is garen. but most champs now deal % hp damage with good base. which means you gotta go tanky since even tanks do damage now. THATS why wukong is weak. theres no good itemisation for him. new black cleaver is trash on him compared to old cleaver. new LW is worse. that was basically his whole build back in season 3 when i got a 90+% win rate in ranked over like 30 games. ravenous hydra is now pretty much allways worse then titanic and you cant swap anymore. trinity force is only good now on rageblade junglers like udyr and jax. so what is he left with? what AD item can he even build and still be wukong? seems like all hes able to build that isnt bad now is dead mans plate and steraks guage but the AD on them is so low with his ad-scaling kit hes worthless. hes just a weak garen with a bigger spin-to-win hitbox that deals less damage because no %hp true damage into 900 true damage ult. just dash-Q-R for like... 15% of peoples HP then get CCed to death by alistar. there just arent any good items for aggressive fighters. rageblade-devourer makes sustain fighters godmode. jugger items makes juggernauts good. all the old aggro-toplane items got either reworked into juggernaut items or (like LW) reworded so they dont work for aggro toplanes. as someone whos allways going to have more HP then the carry you NEED to delete, new LW is awful since you dont get use of the passive if your targer priorities are right. what happened to good old damage+arp+lifesteal.
> [{quoted}](name=Evil Squidward,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2016-03-21T01:34:02.605+0000) > > i only sort-of see where you are coming from. but its close enough to what i would have said so i dont think i need to make a new comment thread. > > the issue isnt tanks dealing so much base damage they only go tank. its the fact that the only way to go and NOT be destroyed, is juggernaut. as a toplane you either go damage and get globaled, or go tank and do pretty good damage. theres so much kite, ranged CC, dashes and hops that most champs just cannot guarantee they can get on someone, so in order to reliably be useful they need to be able to survive until they get to try again. > > with junglers able to become hypercarries. and AD hypercarries still existing, and AD assassins getting an anti-tank item, its now harder then ever to be a toplaner without at LEAST 3.5k hp. anything less then that and you are squishy. i remember when 3k hp was pretty damn tanky, 4k was full tank and 5k was something stupid like double-warmogs mundo. now 3.5k is risky, 4k is average and 5k is garen. but most champs now deal % hp damage with good base. which means you gotta go tanky since even tanks do damage now. > > THATS why wukong is weak. theres no good itemisation for him. new black cleaver is trash on him compared to old cleaver. new LW is worse. that was basically his whole build back in season 3 when i got a 90+% win rate in ranked over like 30 games. ravenous hydra is now pretty much allways worse then titanic and you cant swap anymore. trinity force is only good now on rageblade junglers like udyr and jax. so what is he left with? what AD item can he even build and still be wukong? > > seems like all hes able to build that isnt bad now is dead mans plate and steraks guage but the AD on them is so low with his ad-scaling kit hes worthless. hes just a weak garen with a bigger spin-to-win hitbox that deals less damage because no %hp true damage into 900 true damage ult. just dash-Q-R for like... 15% of peoples HP then get CCed to death by alistar. > > there just arent any good items for aggressive fighters. rageblade-devourer makes sustain fighters godmode. jugger items makes juggernauts good. all the old aggro-toplane items got either reworked into juggernaut items or (like LW) reworded so they dont work for aggro toplanes. as someone whos allways going to have more HP then the carry you NEED to delete, new LW is awful since you dont get use of the passive if your targer priorities are right. > > what happened to good old damage+arp+lifesteal. Exactly, well said.
kauketsu (EUW)
: LMFAO, top only wukong and only wukong, gets d3, shows clearly how broken that champ is, looks like no counters at all at earlier patches.
> [{quoted}](name=kauketsu,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2016-03-21T01:57:39.295+0000) > > LMFAO, top only wukong and only wukong, gets d3, shows clearly how broken that champ is, looks like no counters at all at earlier patches. Overpowered? No counters? EVERY SINGLE top champion counters WuKong. Literally all of the champs: _Riven,irelia,malphite,poppy,fiora,trundle,rammus,shen,kayle(if played well),ryze(after level 3 stomps wu if he plays well/late),olaf,taric top, mundo top, nautilus,jax,graves,nasus,volibear,quinn,darius,renekton,lulu,aatrox. _ Pick one of these and lane against WuKong without screwing up once and start {{item:1029}} {{item:2003}} 4x and laugh at him while he desprately tries to comeback in game as he can't duel which causes him to get zoned in EVERY machup. Even on mid this happens mid>late game if the enemies have basic knowledge on wu. Maybe I forgot a few but I can tell you the reason why my kda is 2.22 on WuKong is because lane phase is the most frustrating thing on this champion. And jungling on him with low clear speed and sustain issues isn't the best either. Itemisation sucks on WuKong aswell since the new hydra + lw changes which made him somewhat strong against tanks in previous metas. Nowadays you get yi with hp or Quinn with steraks laughing at you while she outdamages you with those items. I call it **weak** not overpowered. The only reason I got to diamond 3 with WuKong was because of a LOT of effort and games. The fact that I did the same with trundle/shyvana(had an 11 win streak at some point) and hit D2 is what I would call OP.
Zikr (EUW)
: I quit maining WuKong after 1.3k Wuk games
Well I'm off. I'll reply to more comments tommorow :)
Grips (EUW)
: I can easily trade top-lane early, once they get higher levels it's a bit harder, each champion has their strength and I find Wukong's to be level 1 and 2, most people can't trade with a EQAA unless they have some form of CC to stop me. I have played Wukong vs. people at higher elos too and I have had more trouble, but I can still win. We may play differently idk
> [{quoted}](name=Grips,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000b00000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T23:49:21.844+0000) > > I can easily trade top-lane early, once they get higher levels it's a bit harder, each champion has their strength and I find Wukong's to be level 1 and 2, most people can't trade with a EQAA unless they have some form of CC to stop me. I have played Wukong vs. people at higher elos too and I have had more trouble, but I can still win. We may play differently idk The thing is Wu is pure damage early. You will win most trades lvl 1/2 (except vs champs like Riven). BUT the moment a player is decent enough to start {{item:1029}} {{item:2003}} 4x you will lose most of the trades or he will survive till the point he beats you. You are simply forced to win lane to barely hang in game by a thread. Why? Because even one small kill to the enemy screws you over. I remember me picking trundle into WuKong. I literally tilted and the enemy Wu had 5/0/3(ish) and I was 1/8. I still managed to 1v1 WuKong with sunfire cape. Trundle is utterly broken but besides the point. Wu is too weak imo and it isn't his early game but more his mid/late being weak. And he gets outsustained/tanked all the time.
Grips (EUW)
: I've been doing fine with him.
> [{quoted}](name=Grips,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2016-03-20T23:29:27.089+0000) > > I've been doing fine with him. As I said previously. He works in low ELO. I went 10/0 in silver on a smurf and hit gold with ease. The thing is diamond is way harder because people won't eat your abilities like a fruitcake and actually trade back. (No offence to silver elo)
: you clearly had enough time to wrote all this .. :D
> [{quoted}](name=Hi Im Ríven,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000c,timestamp=2016-03-20T23:30:13.223+0000) > > you clearly had enough time to wrote all this .. > :D I am studying buddy :) I read all the comments.
: I feel u m8 same happens to me as Shaco.
> [{quoted}](name=Sadness,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2016-03-20T23:06:22.090+0000) > > I feel u m8 same happens to me as Shaco. Yep, it is kind of sad. I hope Riot will buff other champions instead of giving a steriod item to buff a group of champions into OP status.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: Well by the looks of this thread, Europe seems to agree with you, and you´re diamond. That being said, if you literally repost this thread on the Na boards, I think you´ll get the same results and support fromthe community, specially all wukong mains.
> [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000400000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T22:56:17.569+0000) > > Well by the looks of this thread, Europe seems to agree with you, and you´re diamond. That being said, if you literally repost this thread on the Na boards, I think you´ll get the same results and support fromthe community, specially all wukong mains. Well, I'll make the thread on NA aswell then :) Thanks for the advice.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: Tends? You mean completely xD
> [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0004000000000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T22:52:06.363+0000) > > Tends? > > You mean completely xD I have to look out on my words buddy. The moment I say something bad about Riot I bet there will be 50 dislikes on my comment and post. Wouldn't want that to happen. Either way I agree Riot ~~tends~~ to ignore EUW.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: If you want Riot to read these, you have more luck in NA boards. (you can use your EU account on NA Forums, if you didnt know).
> [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00040000,timestamp=2016-03-20T22:49:35.794+0000) > > If you want Riot to read these, you have more luck in NA boards. (you can use your EU account on NA Forums, if you didnt know). Oh, I guess I forgot Riot tends to ignore Europe. :D
madza12 (EUNE)
: I agree Wukong needs buffs. That being said,it would be easier if you used appropriate builds.Try using LOL skill to find the best Wukong players and see what they are building.
> [{quoted}](name=madza12,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2016-03-20T22:34:19.564+0000) > > I agree Wukong needs buffs. > > That being said,it would be easier if you used appropriate builds.Try using LOL skill to find the best Wukong players and see what they are building. Well I don't think my builds were that bad since I hit diamond 2 just a few weeks ago. The only reason I demoted to diamond 5 was because I decided mid lane and bot lane are WAY ahead of top in terms of carry potential. I am currently learning new roles since I think it is not worth the effort to play WuKong in ranked untill they decided to give him a small buff on sustain or tank stats. Moreover, I tried builds that the best korean WuKong player used and he has a 60% win lose on wuk. I even went as far as looking at his gameplay and what I noticed is that he had a hard time aswell. He doesn't pick WuKong randomly and I bet he would be mad if he saw someone pick Nautilus into him. Player I mean: http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=%EA%B7%BC%EB%91%90 I have looked up a lot of EUW and NA D1 Wuk players aswell and tried every build path they came up with. Doesn't seem to be my build but rather me playing a bit bad which is keeping me from hitting higher than D2 or I need to switch champion pool and role which is the approach im taking now for a bit.
madza12 (EUNE)
: Dude Ahri is stupidly strong with her easy escape,easy chase mechanism and true damage + 2 second cc to go with she is far from being how you describe her. And there is ofcourse the thing I hate the most which is ,,If i am losing lane and not able to do shitt I will just ult e the enemy while my jungler jumps on him and we get the kill ,,***HARD STUFF***
> [{quoted}](name=madza12,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00060001,timestamp=2016-03-20T22:27:58.723+0000) > > Dude Ahri is stupidly strong with her easy escape,easy chase mechanism and true damage + 2 second cc to go with she is far from being how you describe her. I honestly didn't want to hurt the guys feelings, but she also isn't as strong as you think she is. She is strong true. Way stronger than WuKong. But I get where the guy is coming from.
Wukongz (EUNE)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Dardasim,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:56:54.284+0000) > > Wukong is my favorite champion. I often times prefer playing him over others but currently I am really wondering if it's worth taking him at all in ranked. > Just had a game where I was top lane vs Kennen. I got decimated in lane. I was 100 CS behind, 4 levels lower and barely had gold for {{item:3155}} {{item:3102}} > On the 12th minute Kennen was taking my tier 2 turret and I couldn't do anything. Later we won the game and I never died outside of laning phase but that's besides the point. I did almost nothing the entire time. > > Every time I pick the monkey I go for a 0/12/18 build and stack tank stuff because if I don't I will just get oneshot by everyone and do nothing. > > His biggest problem is lack of any sustain and defensive stats. Maybe if they buffed his W so that it gives him movement speed and damage reduction, and restore some HP and mana if it hits an enemy champion/jungle monster that would be nice. > The damage he brings to the table is good. But he needs something to survive the laning phase or the early stages of the jungle. Maybe more base HP and mana regen in addition to an increased mana pool. > > At least that's how I see it. Yep, anyone that has played WuKong even 10 times would see that he has sustain and tank issues. Regarding your post on Kennen you should have went {{item:2033}} and kept E'ing > Q > W pre lvl 6. You should beat him lvl 3/5 and he would probably start {{item:1056}} {{item:2003}} 2x. Or if he is a good kennen he would beat you by going {{item:1029}} {{item:2003}} 4x and poking you and play safe till he has hit lvl 8 ish. and can 1v1 you. Also, if he was freezing and waiting for you to engage into minions you would lose fights. Then yes he would beat you. Throughout 8>18 and could just punish you for jumping on him and when he has armgaurd+zhonya you have got problems. This would be a skill matchup but he would have the edge cause he does the same as WuKong but better in my opinion. Since WuKong can't tank very well and this is what he should do better than Kennen. Which is kind of sad. This is what I mean by WuKong being to weak as well. You either get decimated and feel useless for the rest of the game. Or you stomp and still have a hard time doing anything because champs simply outscale you. As for your question to picking WuKong in ranked my answer would be: No, unless you know the champion VERY well and can play all matchups. There are simply easier champions to gain elo like: Trundle/Yi/Twisted Fate/Zed/Ez/Lucian/Janna/Alistar/Shyvana/Malphite. As for Kennen top next time try Pantheon and rush hexdrinker. Start corrupting potion and poke him and all him at lvl 2. He will cry. However, if you like WuKong and play for fun in ranked or normals. Yes, go ahead and pick him :) but know that it is a champion that is weaker compared to most champions with his capabilities.
Emillie (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=madbaddog05,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=00060000,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:28:43.586+0000) > > As I said in my post. WuKong gets DESTROYED by meta or NON-meta in higher elo's, The only lane I can see him being picked with a lot of glaring flaws(if the enemy is decent) is mid lane. Ahri on the other hand was nerfed just recently but always has been useful. I simply dislike getting in game being frustrated because the enemy decided to pick nautilus/trundle/fiora/malphite/riven/shyvana/jax/Quinn/Sion/Pantheon/Shen/Nasus/Graves/Mundo/Renekton/Tryndamere/Irelia. These all counter WuKong and he has a lot more. It simply is anti - fun in my opinion. Unless you like being destroyed every game or have to work 50x as much to destroy the enemy. Do you really think this doesn't happen to Ahri? She fails miserably against any meta tank, any ad assassin, Malz, Annie, Leblanc, Diana, Fizz, Lux, Lulu and Swain. That's like 100% of the current mid lane matchups. Yeah I know I have to work way harder than those players to win the game, but I don't give up because I love playing Ahri. I play this game for fun, not for some arbitrary rank that only shows how much you're willing to spam op champs.
> [{quoted}](name=If Ahri Was Real,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000600000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:53:04.907+0000) > > Do you really think this doesn't happen to Ahri? She fails miserably against any meta tank, any ad assassin, Malz, Annie, Leblanc, Diana, Fizz, Lux, Lulu and Swain. That's like 100% of the current mid lane matchups. Yeah I know I have to work way harder than those players to win the game, but I don't give up because I love playing Ahri. I play this game for fun, not for some arbitrary rank that only shows how much you're willing to spam op champs. I can't argue with you that Ahri is in a bad spot atm. However I am currently adressing why I think WuKong needs a BUFF right now. Ahri on the other hand is more viable than WuKong in my eyes, even though she might be slightly weak even now. The current meta doesn't go to my liking and I have played for a long time and have seen all the bs. But never once in any meta have I seen so much bs. Yes, Ahri might be weak now. However, I want to hit master/D1 with WuKong and that rank matters to me otherwise I would play normals. And if you play for fun then you might aswell go to normals. In the end I think Ahri is more viable in her role than WuKong is in his.
Altiverse (EUNE)
: Yes not really broken, but definitely good enough, esecially with TLD on dem squishies.
> [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=000700000000,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:42:01.872+0000) > > Yes not really broken, but definitely good enough, esecially with TLD on dem squishies. Meh, good enough or really bad. Definetly not a go-to main anymore. Especially with the lulu phenomenon going on. I'll give it a try though :)
Altiverse (EUNE)
: Play wukong mid :D he's broken
> [{quoted}](name=Altiverse,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0007,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:25:19.717+0000) > > Play wukong mid :D he's broken I see someone like yi or shyvana as a broken champion atm. Wuk mid is decent.
Emillie (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=madbaddog05,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=,timestamp=2016-03-20T18:41:52.142+0000) > However, after season 6(just 2 weeks ago) I quit maining him. Why? Because simply every top lane matchup or other matchup there is shits on WuKong. Rofl. Almost every meta mid champ destroys Ahri in lane, but that doesn't make me want to stop playing her. The thing is, you care way more about gaining elo than having fun, that's why you "moved on" to more op stuff that can win you games with less effort. Don't come here complaining just because you got your priorities wrong. -- 2600 games D4 Ahri main
> [{quoted}](name=If Ahri Was Real,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0006,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:22:39.233+0000) > > Rofl. Almost every meta mid champ destroys Ahri in lane, but that doesn't make me want to stop playing her. The thing is, you care way more about gaining elo than having fun, that's why you "moved on" to more op stuff that can win you games with less effort. Don't come here complaining just because you got your priorities wrong. > > -- 2600 games D4 Ahri main As I said in my post. WuKong gets DESTROYED by meta or NON-meta in higher elo's, The only lane I can see him being picked with a lot of glaring flaws(if the enemy is decent) is mid lane. Ahri on the other hand was nerfed just recently but always has been useful. I simply dislike getting in game being frustrated because the enemy decided to pick nautilus/trundle/fiora/malphite/riven/shyvana/jax/Quinn/Sion/Pantheon/Shen/Nasus/Graves/Mundo/Renekton/Tryndamere/Irelia. These all counter WuKong and he has a lot more. It simply is anti - fun in my opinion. Unless you like being destroyed every game or have to work 50x as much to destroy the enemy.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: Well there is a key point. Wukong is not meta right now. In time, Wukong might become the must pick Freelo to Challenger champion. Right now, toplane is just ridiculous, a mixture of juggernaut assassins (too much damage and too much tankiness). In my honest opinion, I believe right needs to tone toplane champions a bit. I feel like the juggernaut items offer too much for their initial purpose. These items were meant for tanks, so the fact that SUPER SQUISHY champions can get ridicolously tanky with 2 juggernaut items and have more damage than just going full damage... Something is wrong here. Yes I am a fcking bronze player, but everytime I see the LCS, LCK and somtimes the LPL, all I see are juggernaut items on NONE juggernaut champions. Just that have INSANE mobility and split pushing potential. Something these items were not design for. Juggernaut are SLUGS (as in slow) who cannot move no matter how much they wish for it and deal tons of damage. The fact that Graves, Fiora, Yasuo, and many more can have MORE DAMAGE by building juggernaut items is just ridiculous. Not only are you unkillable, you have a sht ton of damage. Anyway, these are my thoughts. Feel free to laugh at my bronzeness.
> [{quoted}](name=DELDE115,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=bLEhugvB,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2016-03-20T21:09:49.577+0000) > > Well there is a key point. Wukong is not meta right now. In time, Wukong might become the must pick Freelo to Challenger champion. Right now, toplane is just ridiculous, a mixture of juggernaut assassins (too much damage and too much tankiness). > > In my honest opinion, I believe right needs to tone toplane champions a bit. I feel like the juggernaut items offer too much for their initial purpose. These items were meant for tanks, so the fact that SUPER SQUISHY champions can get ridicolously tanky with 2 juggernaut items and have more damage than just going full damage... Something is wrong here. > > Yes I am a fcking bronze player, but everytime I see the LCS, LCK and somtimes the LPL, all I see are juggernaut items on NONE juggernaut champions. Just that have INSANE mobility and split pushing potential. Something these items were not design for. > > Juggernaut are SLUGS (as in slow) who cannot move no matter how much they wish for it and deal tons of damage. The fact that Graves, Fiora, Yasuo, and many more can have MORE DAMAGE by building juggernaut items is just ridiculous. Not only are you unkillable, you have a sht ton of damage. > > Anyway, these are my thoughts. Feel free to laugh at my bronzeness. Nope, seems correct to me. This is why I keep disliking top lane more and more. Top lane champions have no place to go and is being filled with reject adc/mid champions now.
Rioter Comments
Zikr (EUW)
: I quit maining WuKong after 1.3k Wuk games
Show more

Zikr

Level 55 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion