Bloem (EUW)
: Truth be told, i had a game the other day where it started out pretty good, everyone was really friendly and positive, and then just out of no where they started arguing about who has the bigger "Willy"..but they were literally standing in the base, dancing and having a discussion about their "willy's"...now this started to get very disturbing, and i didn't really want to get involved, so i thought to myself, how can i resolve this, because we were doing pretty good, and it was ranked game..Now, my IGN is Bloem, which iv'e been told means flower in dutch soo many times, so i just told them to stop being so inappropriate when they have a girl in their midst...then after a few sec, they just stopped and continued playing which was really nice...BUT...after the game i received 4 friend request from the players that were in my team..i denied them, but the request kept on coming through, they eventually stopped. Hahah...so0 if you are going to do this, be prepared for countless invites^^..
> [{quoted}](name=Bloem,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2015-02-10T02:50:17.428+0000) > > Truth be told, i had a game the other day where it started out pretty good, everyone was really friendly and positive, and then just out of no where they started arguing about who has the bigger "Willy"..but they were literally standing in the base, dancing and having a discussion about their "willy's"...now this started to get very disturbing, and i didn't really want to get involved, so i thought to myself, how can i resolve this, because we were doing pretty good, and it was ranked game..Now, my IGN is Bloem, which iv'e been told means flower in dutch soo many times, so i just told them to stop being so inappropriate when they have a girl in their midst...then after a few sec, they just stopped and continued playing which was really nice...BUT...after the game i received 4 friend request from the players that were in my team..i denied them, but the request kept on coming through, they eventually stopped. Hahah...so0 if you are going to do this, be prepared for countless invites^^.. Good example, thank you for that.
huisbbaas (EUW)
: Social experiment.
A scenario sketch: Top is losing and needs help badly. Jungler tries to help but messes up along the way. Top starts flaming on everything and everyone. Team mate says: calm down, play save, ward as good as you can and be patient for another gank from mid or jungle. Now jungle starts flaming top and mid is not inclined to help. Top gets frustrated and ether starts trolling/afk/feed whatever. In this case the words of the "teammate" were not heard. Would this be different if one of these three players thought those words came from a female? It would only have to take a split-second emotion to turn this whole situation a full 180 degrees
Mhyrion (EUW)
: Not sure if you're really serious about this but if you are: how would people notice you're a woman(which you're not, but anyways) besides the nickname? Because honestly, if I take a close look at the summoner names(IF I do that) the only thing that really stands out to me would be offensive names or names that are geniunly funny. Would you be renaming yourself 'xXcutyXx' or something that cheesy just to stand out? Also, as far as I've noticed, people really don't care if you're claiming/telling/replying you're a woman. They cannot check it, therefore there is little value to it I think. Things change a bit when there's a voice communication involved, but that's gonna be a bit complicated for you guys. It also differs from game to game of course, but the LoL community never seemed really interested whether they've got a woman on their team or not, beside the usual stupid remarks and silly jokes nothing really happens ever. But that's just my little experience and I don't often chat that often in LoL, let alone tell everyone I'm a woman.
> [{quoted}](name=Mhyrion,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=000e,timestamp=2015-02-09T18:40:49.331+0000) > > Not sure if you're really serious about this but if you are: how would people notice you're a woman(which you're not, but anyways) besides the nickname? Because honestly, if I take a close look at the summoner names(IF I do that) the only thing that really stands out to me would be offensive names or names that are geniunly funny. Would you be renaming yourself 'xXcutyXx' or something that cheesy just to stand out? Also, as far as I've noticed, people really don't care if you're claiming/telling/replying you're a woman. They cannot check it, therefore there is little value to it I think. Things change a bit when there's a voice communication involved, but that's gonna be a bit complicated for you guys. It also differs from game to game of course, but the LoL community never seemed really interested whether they've got a woman on their team or not, beside the usual stupid remarks and silly jokes nothing really happens ever. But that's just my little experience and I don't often chat that often in LoL, let alone tell everyone I'm a woman. I will change my name in to princespow as soon as possible, and i will see from there. so yessssss, i think i am going with the cheesy approach.
huisbbaas (EUW)
: Social experiment.
The whole experiment is quite simple, it is soley based on my experience, as a man, commenting on someone = flamewar.... I want to know if the same is true if you are female. Pretty easy to test. And games with less flames make higher chance of winning right? You people make it way to complex.
Karmoon (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=huisbbaas,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-02-08T21:18:30.443+0000) > > I can see why you would say that it does not make a diff. to you. But i also think that if you go back to the basic male instinct that it would most definitly make somewhat of a diff. Though this does not mean that it would make the a bronze player become a plat player. But the very fact that you think that way kind of proves that it's just an adolescent thing. Y'see, when I play LoL, it's because I want to play LoL. There's something beyond the basic male instinct which is the basic human instinct. The fact is that I don't get male urges whilst I'm trying to gank someone. When I've pressed 'S' to stop attacking the blue so Kassadin can have it, I'm not considering mating. I'm not asexual and I have this basic male instinct in abundance. It's just when it's active I prefer to play a certain two-player game. So, you'll probably get results, simply by fact that most LoL players are kids who are just waking up to women. It's kinda cute, but pretty pathetic too. People's worth isn't determined by what they are, but who they are. In my mind, someone's gender is merely one facet of sentient being and doesn't give you any accurate indications about anything else about them.
> [{quoted}](name=Karmoon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2015-02-08T21:47:41.495+0000) > > But the very fact that you think that way kind of proves that it's just an adolescent thing. > > Y'see, when I play LoL, it's because I want to play LoL. There's something beyond the basic male instinct which is the basic human instinct. > The fact is that I don't get male urges whilst I'm trying to gank someone. When I've pressed 'S' to stop attacking the blue so Kassadin can have it, I'm not considering mating. > > I'm not asexual and I have this basic male instinct in abundance. It's just when it's active I prefer to play a certain two-player game. > > So, you'll probably get results, simply by fact that most LoL players are kids who are just waking up to women. It's kinda cute, but pretty pathetic too. > > People's worth isn't determined by what they are, but who they are. > In my mind, someone's gender is merely one facet of sentient being and doesn't give you any accurate indications about anything else about them. The whole idea is not about sexuality, and I am not suggesting that male players are hoping to seduce female players. The idea is that men treat women different then how they treat men. Softer one would hope. With this "softness" there should be more room for teamplay.
: I've seen times where this happens (but those are the virgins) but also people who bash even harder on girls. Because girls can only play support blahblahblah. Depends on how big the douche is & if he's a virgin or not :p but mostly it'll work because 90% of these douchebags are sad virgins & are frustrated because nobody wants them :p
> [{quoted}](name=Socomhunter,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2015-02-08T21:23:36.668+0000) > > I've seen times where this happens (but those are the virgins) but also people who bash even harder on girls. Because girls can only play support blahblahblah. Depends on how big the douche is & if he's a virgin or not :p but mostly it'll work because 90% of these douchebags are sad virgins & are frustrated because nobody wants them :p I enjoyed your point fiew. :D no further comment.
Karmoon (EUW)
: It depends on who you're playing with, to be honest. I think it could have an effect given the that it's mostly children that play this game. But there are players like me who genuinely don't give a rat's ass about the gender of the other person. It's not relevant to LoL. Heck they might even come from another planet, as long as they're not toxic, ward, and pay attention to the minimap, they're OK with me.
> [{quoted}](name=Karmoon,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-02-08T20:08:22.678+0000) > > It depends on who you're playing with, to be honest. > > I think it could have an effect given the that it's mostly children that play this game. > > But there are players like me who genuinely don't give a rat's ass about the gender of the other person. It's not relevant to LoL. Heck they might even come from another planet, as long as they're not toxic, ward, and pay attention to the minimap, they're OK with me. I can see why you would say that it does not make a diff. to you. But i also think that if you go back to the basic male instinct that it would most definitly make somewhat of a diff. Though this does not mean that it would make the a bronze player become a plat player. But i do think the game would become way less flame heavy, and with that the case, a more positive game thus one with a higher win chance.
: You might actually get negative backlash when you pretend to be a girl, because many gamers only think of Kaceytron or other female streamer when they hear girl gamer (It's sad, but true). Still, it would be interesting what you uncover. But please don't overact, because that wouldn't be representable data.
> [{quoted}](name=FloRaider42,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=xafpF0Ee,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2015-02-08T20:28:43.748+0000) > > You might actually get negative backlash when you pretend to be a girl, because many gamers only think of Kaceytron or other female streamer when they hear girl gamer (It's sad, but true). > Still, it would be interesting what you uncover. > But please don't overact, because that wouldn't be representable data. The idear would be that we change our nickname to something more female. We would not flirt, we would do the exact same thing as we do now. We think that the idea of a women disarms a person, make them less rude maybe and with it more open to imput. So we agree on the overacting part being bad. :)
Rioter Comments

huisbbaas

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion