: So people would stop having a bad day and being made to basically afk behind tower, not being able to cs because they get punished for it?
so feeding for CS is good? especially after u already died and lost lane anyways?
: Are you aware of chempions that can easy tower dive you?
> [{quoted}](name=mikrogane2305,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mOw62WlV,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2019-03-27T16:08:21.894+0000) > > Are you aware of chempions that can easy tower dive you? 99% of the feed doestn come from tower dive.
Hansiman (EUW)
: So would you personally accept being banned for going 0/11?
yes. 100%. but i never go 0/11. but if i would i would take the ban. 100%.
Rioter Comments
: The game has become balanced
only champ that isnt balanced imho is eve. regareless of elo. here is a guy stomping in challanger. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEafDlt_BJ4 and its not like he has faker mechanics.... he just plays eve..... perma stealth + hard cc + one shot. good concept. and in low elo she goes 20/0 every game.
: Well if the rewards for doing good were higher, the leading team would snowball so much harder and games would go by alot quicker. This might be a reason behind the mechanic. But there are rewards. You will have more xp and gold. In laning fase you can freeze the lane so you have another advantage, you can either let your waves of minions die out so he cant kill them, or push to the tower for an early push and he will have more trouble last hitting them. Oh and when you push to the tower you can get a 160g reward 5 times if you do it early enough + the first tower destroyed gives 150 bonus g. And so does the first kill. Those are big rewards for someone who has a more advantagious position in the first place! You can also take their jungle, a dragon, herald, or even baron. I think the shutdowns are there so people have a chance to catch up. Not to reward bad playing, but to reward killing a stronger oponent. There are of course scenarios where getting a kill or a tower might not be playing good at all, be aware of that. A 1 for 1 kill might give the enemy assists, or the oportunity to take a tower, or gain ground some other way. And watch your farm. You can kill someone 3 times, buf if he has more farm then you he might still have more gold...
> [{quoted}](name=Dieenepappie,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=000b,timestamp=2019-03-26T19:51:23.194+0000) > > Well if the rewards for doing good were higher, the leading team would snowball so much harder and games would go by alot quicker. Its not about giving more to the winning guy, its about not giving so much to the loosing guy. Thats the problem.
: Some champions are designed to win their lane no matter what. There are also counter match-ups, where the opponent cannot play against you 1v1. You don't always "win" lane because you are good. So there has to be a way for champions that are weak early on, to catch up later and actually be useful.
> [{quoted}](name=ˉÐęqûńˉ,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=000a,timestamp=2019-03-26T19:35:45.007+0000) > > Some champions are designed to win their lane no matter what. There are also counter match-ups, where the opponent cannot play against you 1v1. You don't always "win" lane because you are good. So there has to be a way for champions that are weak early on, to catch up later and actually be useful. That is not true, if somebody wants to have a passive farming lane, he can have that..... You can always play around counters. You keep the wave close to your tower and thats it.
: > [{quoted}](name=mTsTiffany,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=00000003000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T18:48:12.929+0000) > > Dude, literally half that list ive played as a kid for years.... That is beyond boring for me.... > Ye the games were great, but at some point, it becomes boring..... > > And none of my friends plays that stuff.... That's a shame then :/ I played them as a kid as well, did LAN-parties with my friends and we still play few of them every so often.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=000000030000000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T18:52:00.611+0000) > > That's a shame then :/ > I played them as a kid as well, did LAN-parties with my friends and we still play few of them every so often. Dont get me wrong, I LOVED those games, played my brains out of D2, AoE2, CSS, etc.... But come on, at some point, everything becomes boring.... :(
: > [{quoted}](name=mTsTiffany,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=000000030000,timestamp=2019-03-26T18:18:23.357+0000) > > Dude, I have a Intel Silver N5000 and a HD 605 iGPU and 4GB..... Even League struggles with 50FPS.... Its borderline, tell me a single multiplayer game that I can play with my friends? Only games that run are old offline games, what am i supposed to play, diablo 2 ? Diablo 2 is old but gold. It also has a multiplayer, tho I am not sure if that is still supported. Then there also is WarCraft III Age of Empires 2 HD Stronghold Crusader Heroes of Might and Magic 3 Counter Strike Condition Zero Call of Duty 1 and 2, the actual old ones Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 Team Fortress 2 may also work Day of Defeat Source Killing Floor XIII Magic The Gathering: Arena, you can use direct challenges Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm and yeah of course lots of offline content. All of these are pretty damn good and amazing to play with friends, often quite wacky.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=0000000300000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T18:39:36.521+0000) > > Diablo 2 is old but gold, so why not. It also has a multiplayer, tho I am not sure if that is still supported. Then there also is > WarCraft III > Age of Empires 2 HD > Stronghold Crusader > Heroes of Might and Magic 3 > Counter Strike Condition Zero > Call of Duty 1 and 2, the actual old ones > Pirates Vikings and Knights 2 > Team Fortress 2 may also work > Day of Defeat Source > Killing Floor > XIII > Magic The Gathering: Arena, you can use direct challenges > Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soulstorm > and yeah of course lots of offline content. Dude, literally half that list ive played as a kid for years.... That is beyond boring for me.... Ye the games were great, but at some point, it becomes boring..... And none of my friends plays that stuff....
: > [{quoted}](name=mTsTiffany,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2019-03-26T01:58:40.042+0000) > > Riot is a crazy company, they dont really think about their game changes, they just try to make money, and they lost alot of players due to it, in Season 4-5 all my friends played League, now im the only one left. And the only reason I play league is because I have a bad PC and no other Game runs smoothly xD. I always have a very hard time believing this. I have a lot of games from 1999 to today which run smoothly even on my over 10 year old laptop. Sure, if you look to always run the latest triple A games, that usually wont work. But to say you only play League because nothing else runs smoothly I just cant understand. If you want, can give you a good selection or suggestion for all kinds of titles that I find great and run on weaker machines for sure.
> [{quoted}](name=Stahlvormund,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=00000003,timestamp=2019-03-26T16:52:50.462+0000) > > I always have a very hard time believing this. I have a lot of games from 1999 to today which run smoothly even on my over 10 year old laptop. Sure, if you look to always run the latest triple A games, that usually wont work. > But to say you only play League because nothing else runs smoothly I just cant understand. > If you want, can give you a good selection or suggestion for all kinds of titles that I find great and run on weaker machines for sure. Dude, I have a Intel Silver N5000 and a HD 605 iGPU and 4GB..... Even League struggles with 50FPS.... Its borderline, tell me a single multiplayer game that I can play with my friends? Only games that run are old offline games, what am i supposed to play, diablo 2 ?
Smerk (EUW)
: Well, it's not something you would even think of normally, so it's not unexpected that small team at Riot also didn't consider it.
> [{quoted}](name=Smerk,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=0000000100010000,timestamp=2019-03-26T18:00:36.752+0000) > > Well, it's not something you would even think of normally, so it's not unexpected that small team at Riot also didn't consider it. They programmed the game! They made it so that CSing gives bounty. They literally hardcoded it into their own game. Somebody at Riot said "Hey, we need to make the game in a way, that a person who farms well, also gets bountys on him, regardless if hes 0/3". how can they not know ? {{champion:17}} Riot always goes overboard with things. I could understand a small bounty, like 100-200 gold, but 1.000 gold? Really? Thats like what, 13 Cannon Minions? All from a single kill? Jesus....
: > -> doesnt die to ganks -> beats his lane opponent -> gets no reward. why would you want a reward, if you already are ahead in gold/exp etc? > Good concept. Because snowballing is bad. yes it's bad a lot of players complained at the fact games are too snowbally > Snowflake concept. then what, we should get rid of the bounty system altogheter? we should let the game be decided by the first 2 deaths so the real "snowflakes" can cry at min 4 in game by spamming "ff 15", "game is lost", "i'm tired of this shit" etc ?
> [{quoted}](name=Sir Prepuzius,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2019-03-26T16:18:54.441+0000) > > why would you want a reward, if you already are ahead in gold/exp etc? > > yes it's bad a lot of players complained at the fact games are too snowbally > > then what, we should get rid of the bounty system altogheter? we should let the game be decided by the first 2 deaths so the real "snowflakes" can cry at min 4 in game by spamming "ff 15", "game is lost", "i'm tired of this shit" etc ? No you DONT have a lead, thats the whole point of the post.... xD Catch up XP denies XP leads. And shutdown gold denies Gold leads. You dont have a lead. Thats literally the whole point, if you bother answering, at least use ur brain and eyes and read... **And yes, too much snowballing is bad, but too little makes the game luck based**, because then the only thing that decides games is trolls and team compositions. If you dont get a lead from playing good, then you cant influence the game, hence you cant carry. Taht is what people complain about atm, that trolls and team comps decide games, not your gameplay. There is a big thread on the forums and on reddit just for that reason right as we speak. **The ONLY thing that counters trolls and luck is a HEALTHY amount of snowballing. Nothing else can counter it.**
: idk what are u saying about experience. I have ben playing since s1 and i dont sense any diference on experience. I see people who get behind on levels and they stay like that for the rest of the game. I feel like everyone who agrees with the author is trying to blame their lack of skill to riot. I'm support main and i feel like the game is more fair each season. Back in the days, a solo laner would get ahead and completly carry the game, nowadays everything relies more on the overall team, and not just one player. Moreover we have oportunities to get on the same line as someone who snowballed. There are plenty of strategies to earn back your power over the oponent, and thanks god its like this. If your adversary gets 2-3 levels is becouse he earns it.
Uhm...... Bro..... Riot introduced Catch-up-XP in Patch 7.22 or so..... Bro honestly, you really dont know what you are talking..... This is my last response to you. You will reply, but I wont answer, you honestly disqualified yourself with what you are saying, imho. Have a nice day and have fun replying to somebody who doesnt care about anything you say anymore. (not flaming, just my opinion.).
Smerk (EUW)
: Wasn't that strat nerfed to the ground with support item nerfs?
> [{quoted}](name=Smerk,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2019-03-26T07:09:20.019+0000) > > Wasn't that strat nerfed to the ground with support item nerfs? Yea but the pure fact that this strat even existed is kinda crazy isnt it ? xD Avoiding CS because its more beneficial.... What a concept.
: season 4-5? You mean when the forums were filled with "what a trash game" topics? To me, it seems like whatever riot does, there will be people complaining about "how bad this game has become". Even in season 2, when i started playing, there were people shouting that.
> [{quoted}](name=Super Hooker,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=00000002,timestamp=2019-03-26T11:31:36.605+0000) > > season 4-5? You mean when the forums were filled with "what a trash game" topics? > > To me, it seems like whatever riot does, there will be people complaining about "how bad this game has become". Even in season 2, when i started playing, there were people shouting that. Yea but I can confirm what the OP says, in S3-S6 pretty much my whole circle of friends played league, literally everyone, regardless of forum topics. My friends never visited the forums, they are casuals who had fun in league. Remember, only a small amout of people actually visit the forums, most players out there are just playing and dont care about forums. Now, I got 1 more dude that plays it and thats it. Me and him are the only ones and even he stopped since last summer. League defenetly lost ALOT of its player base, thats for sure. Forums dont matter.
: one word that explains it all: snowballing
So NOT rewarding a player that plays good is better ? Good concept. -> doesnt die to ganks -> beats his lane opponent -> gets no reward. Good concept. Because snowballing is bad. Snowflake concept.
: I was initially going to scream "Well play good OBVIOUSLY what sort of a question is that?" But when I read the meat of what you're talking about, you do have a point. I've had times where I've seen someone CS like a pro, be 0/3/0 and yet still have a big-ass bounty. How does that make sense? From what I believe, it was meant to stop massive snowballing, how I'm not sure if it's really achieved that?
But why shouldnt a person snowball, at least a bit if he does hes job right? If i beat somebody 1v1, and I dont die to ganks, didnt I make my job then? Shouldnt I be rewarded for doing my job, avoiding ganks and beating my lane opponent? Whats the point of doing anything in lane now ? Sit back afk farm for 10 minutes because it doesnt matter. Great concept.
: u have no clue of what u say. Read a little bit of the riots explanations on why they make these changes. It wouldnt be fair that u get behing coz of your team and then u are unable to win anymore coz acording to you, we should get super big advantage when we make some good plays (pseh i dont consider that afk farming for 10 mins is playing good). Sincerely why do people of low rank even think is a good idea to critizize the system.
> [{quoted}](name=We Can Enjoy,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Zf800U5L,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2019-03-26T09:53:48.150+0000) > > u have no clue of what u say. Read a little bit of the riots explanations on why they make these changes. It wouldnt be fair that u get behing coz of your team and then u are unable to win anymore coz acording to you, we should get super big advantage when we make some good plays (pseh i dont consider that afk farming for 10 mins is playing good). Sincerely why do people of low rank even think is a good idea to critizize the system. How is that your teams fault, when you lose lane 1v1 and get zoned ?? I can post you games where I beat people 1v1, then freeze under my tower and the enemy is 2-3 levels behind. Then laning phase is over, and suddenly, out of nowhere, the same dude that was 2-3 levels behind is now on my level. WTF? So how is that your teams fault when you lose 1v1 ? I think the only guy not having a clue of what hes talking is you.
ElvisbAi (EUW)
: Back to League after 3 Years, I dont get it... Should I play bad or good? Im so confused....
There is even a strat in korea where you pick Ziliean Top and avoid CS so you dont get shutdown bounty on you :). Riot is a crazy company, they dont really think about their game changes, they just try to make money, and they lost alot of players due to it, in Season 4-5 all my friends played League, now im the only one left. And the only reason I play league is because I have a bad PC and no other Game runs smoothly xD. I dont want to say that League is trash but yea... If I would have a better PC I wouldnt play this game.

mTsTiffany

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion