Nurfed (EUW)
: New surrender modal cant be moved?
> "How can we make this game more enjoyable?" > "Lets make it easier to remind your team that you no longer want to win." > "Good idea, that should do the trick." What.
Rioter Comments
archerno1 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Cooperation,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=83ZFtYsJ,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T00:19:34.400+0000) > > any cluelessness that has an impact on only a few games should not be reflected by the elo rank, because the current system simply cannot deal with such effects. > elo is only accurate within the order of 20-30 games, so anything that makes people play really bad for just a few games should be avoided, because elo cannot fairly matchmake people based on such. Wat?
> [{quoted}](name=archerno1,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=83ZFtYsJ,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2017-06-18T00:59:00.514+0000) > > Wat? lets put it in simpler words. if player not played some time he not know new mechanics so he bad but only for 1-2 games if player constantly bad he belong in silver/bronze if player just bad for 1-2 games elo cannot handle that
Rioter Comments
D5rke (EUW)
: Riot, what about Taliyah?
Whats wrong with her? Shes awesome!
Rstonius (EUW)
: Chat ban vs Evidence.
Thanks dude, i pretty much had lost all hope in Riot to bany anyone for this shit. Your behaviour was inacceptable and there is no amount of "but the others were even worse" that serves as an excuse.
GLurch (EUW)
: I have no objections with what you said in the post, but with the title: What's the problem with WLan? Not all have the possibility of playing on Ethernet and WLan can also be on a good stable connection.
> [{quoted}](name=GLurch,realm=EUW,application-id=VnI9tlaf,discussion-id=KYK54EFM,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-12-31T20:41:13.106+0000) > > I have no objections with what you said in the post, but with the title: > What's the problem with WLan? Not all have the possibility of playing on Ethernet and WLan can also be on a good stable connection. Just a personal observation, almost all people who ever claimed to have lost because of unbearable connection problems had those - locally, unrelated to their ISP - with wireless connections. Yes, its perfectly possible to setup a stable WLAN connection with current hardware. But no, most people dont have. A common issue appears to be smartphones logged into the same WLAN taking all bandwidth during updates.
: RioT how about raising the time available for accepting a game by, say, two seconds?
Proposal that makes everyone happy: let the AFK timer length scale with queue time. If average queue time (as displayed when entering queue) is 2 minutes, make a 10 seconds invite window (or even lower). It average queue time (as displayed when entering queue) is 8 minutes, make a 20 seconds invite window. It average queue time (as displayed when entering queue) is 23 minutes, make a 30 seconds invite window (or even higher).
blue3man3 (EUNE)
: New way to report
Add report features wherever you want. This isnt a *technical* problem and cant be solved as such. This is a *policy* problem. Riot does not ban for this. I asked them to do it, repeatedly, for different offenders. They just do not agree that this is a serious issue. After all, both summoners involved are still capable of buying skins.
Rioter Comments
: > [{quoted}](name=Kayle Test Acc,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mFRVot7z,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-05T19:27:12.489+0000) > > Because its a very similar effect on the other player experience? Quitting 2 games is still 18 disappointed players? But the penalties are not equal, you are simply being penalized harder just because you clicked the ranked que 2nd. I disagree that quitting a game makes all of the players disappointed as what you need to realise is the rest of your team is more than likely unhappy at that same reason you want to dodge but very few people want to be held to ransom so they enter no matter what even if they know full well its already lost for whatever scenario happened. The only team in this case who is disappointed is the enemy team who saw they were about to get a "free win" and the dodge denied them which imo is good because if you need an unfair advantage to win you probably dont deserve that free win anyway. To me the ideal match is one where both teams feel confident that they will win for as long as possible.
> [{quoted}](name=GivinItTheBigun,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mFRVot7z,comment-id=0000000000000000,timestamp=2016-11-06T06:53:39.275+0000) > > But the penalties are not equal, you are simply being penalized harder just because you clicked the ranked que 2nd. I disagree that quitting a game makes all of the players disappointed as what you need to realise is the rest of your team is more than likely unhappy at that same reason you want to dodge but very few people want to be held to ransom so they enter no matter what even if they know full well its already lost for whatever scenario happened. The only team in this case who is disappointed is the enemy team who saw they were about to get a "free win" and the dodge denied them which imo is good because if you need an unfair advantage to win you probably dont deserve that free win anyway. > > To me the ideal match is one where both teams feel confident that they will win for as long as possible. I disagree. If the majority of ranked dodges is tactical (misplay in champselect, rather dodge than lose), theres something else wrong than penalties for repeat dodging. That is not my impression however. The majority of times i dodged a game was because i realized i wasnt having time or my connection wasnt stable enough to play. Which is a mistake for which to punish me depending on the queue i was in seems appropriate.
: > [{quoted}](name=Kayle Test Acc,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mFRVot7z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-11-05T08:57:29.389+0000) > > **Counter suggestion: Improve community management so a "forced dodge" is no longer a regular occurance.** > As long as there is no reasn to dodge other than your own faulr, the dodge penalties are extremely reasonable. But why should a normal dodge affect my ranked penalty? If you leave a normal game it automatically puts you on t2 punishment if you were to then que for ranked. If you dont already know the first one is 5 mins and 3 lp and the 2nd is 30 mins and 10lp. But if you leave a normal one and then go to ranked you are suddenly up against 10lp.
> [{quoted}](name=GivinItTheBigun,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=mFRVot7z,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2016-11-05T09:44:50.997+0000) > > But why should a normal dodge affect my ranked penalty? Because its a very similar effect on the other player experience? Quitting 2 games is still 18 disappointed players?
Escheton (EUW)
: How about placeholder champion archetype for the character-hover in champselect?
You still got the chat. People kind of forgot that we used to do all that in chat and the champion hovering is just an improvement of that, taking away zero things from the chat. Imo its a bad idea to add fixed placeholders: * it puts champions into categories. we already HAVE a problem where people reduce a gigantic champion pool to a smaller subset called "meta" - we dont need to sort out more champions who dont "fit" with certain categories * people will stll no have a clearer idea of what you mean, because they havent seen that particular champion as an assassin/tank/whatever before - encouraging positive, constructive chat use would be better here Counter-Suggestion: Always show the last 2 hovers, and clearing the hover with a "?" button easily. People will get the idea of what you are playing by hovering 2 of a similar class.
Faca5 (EUW)
: Riot logic....
Its not just random. If someone is random and has a 70% chance, you have a reasonable expectation of what will happen ({{summoner:13}} ) Then 3% hoever.. not so clear. THAT is the problem - random by itself isnt *always* a bad thing.
: Seperate normal & ranked dodge penalties.
**Counter suggestion: Improve community management so a "forced dodge" is no longer a regular occurance.** As long as there is no reasn to dodge other than your own faulr, the dodge penalties are extremely reasonable.
: PUNISH THOSE WHO DON'T ACCEPT AFK CHECK - THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS
That already is the case. Being invited and repeatedly declining(or failing to accept) already is punished similarily to dodging during champselect. This is a necessary restriction anyway, else certain ladder abuse would be possible.
XCIV (EUW)
: Top laner need ranked games
Unless you have other accounts you want to share, its fairly hard to know what you are playing and how good you are playing that unless you have atleast a handful of SoloQ games in your history.
: The problem with this is that you basicly will see progress every 100 ranked games. In bronze/silver and even gold you easy do it in a fell games. However ones you plat or higher it takes a lot more games to climb. Basicly those players will see no progress in their rank. If you have trouble getting out a certain division their is a reason behind this ones your high gold. Below that it's basicly based on all luck since players just throw the game without any reason. In high gold/low plat people still throw the game but they pretty much only slip about one time that entire game that suddenly the game is even again. I highly doubt players will be happy to play over 100 games in plat without any form of noticification they are even close to diamond or not. And even if it's removed. They will basicly get only 2 LP every game (since it's still calcuted on the mmr system).
How do you deduct from my original post - or my clarifyng response - that i wish to reduce the visibility of progress?
D4RKEVA (EUW)
: A bronze with dia mmr will win 1 game and skip to bronze 3 at least ^^ mmr basically is the möst important thing and thats why i dont give a fuck about "wasted lp" because i basically still got them for my mmr Because if your mmr is "plat 3 10lp" but you are plat 2 in promo 0/0 then i got a higher mmr meaning k loose less and gain more when I finish my promo
: I was strongly against the system add the start. In silver & low gold their is litterly no differents in skill add all. But ones you get to high gold you actually can see small different levels of skill between the divisions. It's still not much but ones you get their you finally can see the functionality of divisions. I actually can agrea that they should remove promotions. But not for high elo. I think implementing this for bronze & silver would be a good start. So you have gold as transition elo and finally plat where you actually can see a different level of skin in each division.
At no point have i suggested to remove divisions. I also have taken no stance in whether it should be easy or hard to gain one full division of rank. I just want progressin to be clear and consistent.
: Because "punishment" is not the same as "permaban".
see? there IS a variable that can be tuned.
valtuha (EUNE)
: Autofill
No, thats not how ranked works. If you cannot prove that you can play consistently well, even in roles you dont commonly play, then you have not proven yourself to be diamong/plat/gold/silver-worthy.
Infernape (EUW)
: Toxicity will always exist in one form or another. Some people are assholes, simply put.
We dont need everyone to play LoL. Heck, if the first thing that pops into someones mind when i say "League of Legends" stops being harsh insults, people might even change their behaviour when they see thats not how things are generally dont in League.
: Currently it requires exactly ONE report to trigger an investagation of someones behavior (and eventually a punishment, if he is actually guilty), so I am afraid this particular suggestion won't work. Any more ideas?
why is that dude who ruined 2 of my games and then told me "i hope you die in a house fire" still playing then? he got reported 3 times in 2 individual games.
: You do realize that toxic people are everywhere in every community and that it's not something you can fix. Just like you can't fix crime.
there are games where certain behaviour is not common because people get BANNED for being detrimental to a games community. i have never heard people in counter strike say any league-style threats or insults, ever. sure, even in counter strike you get insults and annoying behaviour from time to time. but not the "i hope you die in a car accident" bullshit LoL is popular for.
Musiicy (EUW)
: Is Riot going to do anything about Jayce soon ??!
Yes, he is a versatile champion. And so are {{champion:117}} {{champion:136}} {{champion:420}} {{champion:17}} and a lot more others. But no, he is not OP. People stopped playing a broad variety of champions. With an ever-increasing pool of available champions, of course some will seem pretty oppressive if all they ever going to meet is a subset of ~35 champions, with the rest below a 1% pick rate.
Axisdeus (EUNE)
: You lose ELO for any given loss, not matter if you lose LP or not. So no loss is ZERO loss.
Whatever other numbers in the background get changed - its still zero loss for me if none of those numbers have any comprehensible impact on my gameplay. Sure, i could stay in bronze4 and claim to all my friends that i am "diamond MMR".. but i will still be look like noob bronzie who talks loads of crépe.
Axisdeus (EUNE)
: We've been there, back in the season 1 and 2. Trust me, it;s easier this way for all those out there, trying to reach gold. You can't possible imagine the grind fest was to get Gold just to have it lost the next game and how much frustration it created. Ask those old chaps playing back then.
> You can't possible imagine the grind fest was to get Gold just to have it lost the next game and how much frustration it created. Basically my point is exactly that - after grinding for ages it should not depend on a single game whether you go up or down. Every game should have roughly the same impact on your rank. If you cannot **consistently** play at gold level, but other people can and show it by defeating you a couple of times - then you dont belong in gold.
Axisdeus (EUNE)
: you've had that because your MMR and the corresponding ELO we're not the ones needed for Gold. Maybe you've gotten there with low amounts of LP gained each game, like 15 or under and based on a higher win rate but not huge win streaks or by playing with a/some higher situated player/players by queuing up together?!
maybe, maybe not.. ? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/lol-design-values-depth-clarity
Smerk (EUW)
: There is guaranteed protection after promotion: 3 games for division promotions and 10 for tier promotions, after that protection will work only if your MMR is much higher than average in your current division, so you can guess it as well
both the 3 games and the 10 games number must be wrong because i have been demoted earlier already in either case. maybe it only works the first time you enter the specific devision??
Smerk (EUW)
: I don't know when you started playing this game, but similar system existed in the past, just without divisions. It wasn't that good, promos and demotion protections are good things in the long run
why? why would granting demotion protection SOMETIMES (basic on invisible factors) be a good thing? if demotion was happening too quickly, a loss could just be reduced (-20LP to -17LP) and such fine-tuning was possible and clear to every player.
Eos Dawn (EUW)
: The base for anyone's MMR still is a freely fluctuating number. This one is hidden and influences your LP gains and losses, even making you skip promos or divisions when it differs far enough. The whole Tier/Division system therefore is purely visual, and usually will not stray far from your hidden MMR, if it does it will adjust rather quickly. Back in season 2 we actually didn't have the system we have now but instead it just showed the number. Not sure if I miss something but 2 arguments for the change come to mind: 1) Progression. Hitting 'gold' back then was a lot less exciting, your number simply raised a tad above X, with the next game you could have been below it again. 2) Keeping achievements (at least for a bit). As mentioned, you could just drop out of your new found Tier again. In the new System reaching a new Division is usually something you keep. And while there is the argument of losing promos hindering your progress, if we compare promos to 'being close to the next tier', losses would have just denied you as much back then, as you either dropped out of it right after reaching it, or started losing points before even reaching it.
Yes, sure, you can consider the promo system a visualization for whats happening behind closed curtains. But a bad visualization. It makes people think "oh, i dont need to commit to this game, it doesnt have any LP influence anyway".
Axisdeus (EUNE)
: We've been there, back in the season 1 and 2. Trust me, it;s easier this way for all those out there, trying to reach gold. You can't possible imagine the grind fest was to get Gold just to have it lost the next game and how much frustration it created. Ask those old chaps playing back then.
You can get into gold and instantly fall back - i did. With promos, you just dont see what reasoning is behind some people not falling back for 4 consecutive losses and others falling back instantly.
D4RKEVA (EUW)
: You wont get 35 lp anyway 30 is already insanely high ... Also the elo system doesnt show it but you gain mmr everytime you win/loose and the promos are fir the thrill and so that you wont instantly fall back if you loose once
Yes 35LP IS possible, you ust need a long win streak (11 i believe in my case). The think about not falling back: Why would there be ZERO loss for one lose, but FULL loss for another lose - basically randomly. It doesnt make sense to have such a huge difference between otherwise equivalent games.
: While i do definitely get frustrated when i get 99LP in a Division. I would not want promos to be gone in my opinion they are the most exciting thing about ranked and I would be sad to have that type of adrenaline, emotion, and excitement gone. But that's just my opinion :D
Additionally, since without promos there is more clarity on where the next win will take you, there will be even more interesting games. When you are on a 7 win streak. right now, you would very likely be at something like 85LP and thus the maximum LP you can get is 15LP. But if promos are removed, you can enjoy your well deserved 35LP without the extra reward being capped away by the promotion.
: While i do definitely get frustrated when i get 99LP in a Division. I would not want promos to be gone in my opinion they are the most exciting thing about ranked and I would be sad to have that type of adrenaline, emotion, and excitement gone. But that's just my opinion :D
Counterpoint: Instead of making promo games "extra adrenaline worthy" we could have every ranked game be an adrenaline packed actionpiece. Since most of the time, only 1-2 players per match are currently in promo, and thus the game matters very differently for each teammember involved, they will commit to the game differently, which guarantees bad emotions in case of failure. For maximum fun, every teammate should be on the same level of excitement and committement. Sure, some people will still find the games that take them from gold into platin the most interesting. But atleast there wont be any "HI I WILL TROLL I AM AT 0LP ANYWAY" people any more.
: This is just sad...
Consider increasing your "kill participation" - meaning having only 1/5th of the kills is okay, but having contributed to less than 60% of the total kills may not be S-worthy.
: Shen's win ratio dropped to 46% what can be done with him?
Win rates were never relevant. If less noobs play a champ, the champions win rate skyrockets. Does that mean a champ is OP? Nah. Its just not played by noobs any more. Also, Just because Shen is weaker against what is currently picked a lot, it doesnt mean he is weak in the whole champion pool. It just means people dont think a lot when they lock in their favourites in champselect.
Cryptidian (EUNE)
: Will graphics ever be upgraded from simplistic to detailed?
If the percentage of players playing on 2004 era PCs drops below a certain threshhold, they are gonna increase graphics again. Probably gonna be baby steps, but compare BETA graphics and what we have today and that difference will be again within the next 10 years, provided Riot manages to keep the game healthy for that long.
Rioter Comments
Sita (EUNE)
: [6.21] **PLAYER_SCORE_0
maybe thats an internal value used to calculate the A/S-/S+ ratings for the champion levels? would be interesting to find out some details about that one..
wae1 (EUW)
: DRAFT MODE LANE PICKING GLITCH.
Well for 5-man setups it is allowed to have any role selected.. maybe it is allowed for 4 players too and you happened to be the solo player matched with a premade intending to play without jungle?
Rioter Comments
  Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
: I won't buy it because it is not my job or right to judge other peoples behaviour. Reporting feature is enough. The game is ended but life continues
Neither current systems, not my experiment, truly make you the judge.. You are more the guy who calls the police and, in you case: leaves the scene; in my case: expects them to actually show up while the crime is still happening.
: You mention the problem yourself: The costs. I know you said that we shouldn't consider how likely it is to actually implement this idea, but sorry, I can't help it, I can't support an idea that is completely unrealistic. If this feature actually worked, the majority of players would use it, which would lead to costs that are way beyond of what Riot can afford, especially not like you suggest it (with immediate responses). Even doing it with a normal queue would be extremely expensive, but guaranteeing immediate responses even multiplies these costs. And thats not even the only issue: * Humans make mistakes...and as experience shows, the current automated system makes way less mistakes than the previous human systems. So this system wouldn't even improve anything * The Rioters doing this job would have the worst job ever. * Limiting fundamental game features to paying customers it completely against what Riot stands for
Counterexample: World of Warcraft has, except for temporary shortages on personnel for some timezones / languages been able to supply near-instantaneous player support funded through their 13€ subscription total. Granted, rather few players use that daily, but then again, few even play LoL as regularily as the average WoW player back then. * the machina ccumulates more data over time to improve error margin statistically. the human is better from the start and doesnt even need that * one might argue that customer support is ALWAYS a shit job, but with the right tools and the right mix of different support tasks, this might be quite enjoyable, seeing you are directly improving the community * my experiment is just like skins: you absolutely dont need it to play, its just a nice extra if you want to socially engage with the game
Aaemon (EUNE)
: I don't understand why would you stand to read offences like in the example of the above , a bit exaggerated but still very offensive in a game where you could just mute them in game , report them at the end of the game and it's done . Don't get me wrong , but I have the impression that you prefer retaliation rather than defending yourself by the system implemented in game (mute , report , all chat disabled) I understand that the player wants an instant feedback on the solution that Riot has do or done for the player reported but I don't consider it to be fair to condemn a player to perma ban , as your system that you explained in this thread to apply after one single game. Again , don't get me wrong , the player exhibiting this very toxic behavior should not be excused for any reason whatsoever , but you can't know if the player in the question is having a teribil day or he/she just can't hold himself to no swear at sub mediocre performance in his eyes. That it's why , it takes more than one report and several games to get him punished , because than he is doing this on purpose and he will be punished accordingly to the crime . The system you speak of , if existed on live servers would destroy league in weeks , everybody will get perma banned for 1 game where he swears , just one. And that it's why I don't agree with this. It lacks flexibility.
Yes, it is important to differentiate defense and retaliation. What i have in mind goes well beyond either. I dont just want a defense against single occurances. Remember: > The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing I would like to raise the standards for what is "excusable because of a bad day" and what is "even if it is the first time, it is ust hostile to the community we are trying to build here". I believe you are mistaken on the last part, i dont think such system would hit a significant percentage of the players. Most people are actually quite decent, it is a very tiny, but very loud minority that ruins other peoples games, and does consistently so. * Fun fact: Once, by some weird twist of fate, i was matched up with the same player 3 times in a row, and in 3 of those 3 games he was the only one violating rules, the other 24 players were behaving totally nice.
: Do you have any idea how much hate Riot could potentially bring on themselves if they implemented a feature like this?
Thats not the point of this discussion (see above), but for the sake of the argument: That wouldnt even be that bad. Valve (god of customer relations) has done a similar thing: You cannot use a whole number of community features unless you spend atleast 5€ on the steam platform. Same idea, you connect your potential to abuse soem feature with the ability of the company to effectively punish you for such.
Aaemon (EUNE)
: And how toxic may someone be to receive that instant ban ,and by any chance if you have a bad game and get that paid review from another player condemning your behavior , would that be fair that you get insta ban from one game instead of a account suspension from several offences brought in time.
I was thinking of the "i hope your family dies in a house fire" "also i raped your sister" dude, he could totally have used an instant ban. The fact that you otherwise need several offenses for action to be taken is a symptom of deficiencies of the system, not an instrument of fairness meant to allow everyone a similar number of rule violations. Just think of how differently unusual languages and english chat are treated right now.
Show more

oh veigar is sup

Level 176 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion