Febos (EUW)
: There's no White chroma though. Are you talking about Pearl? Imo Black looks better. ######You baited and got what you were looking for :D Someone downvoted without reading.
> [{quoted}](name=Febos,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=EcdMTaPA,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2018-12-04T14:33:39.643+0000) > > There's no White chroma though. Are you talking about Pearl? > Imo Black looks better. > > ######You baited and got what you were looking for :D Someone downvoted without reading. Thanks for you opinion mate
Rioter Comments
Silent Note (EUNE)
: I have around 40 ping on EUNE, I created an NA account to play there, I had around 100-130 ping. Why not make an account there before transferring? It would only take you like 5 minutes.
> [{quoted}](name=Silent Note,realm=EUNE,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=Yixuwy5H,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2018-11-26T15:10:55.952+0000) > > I have around 40 ping on EUNE, I created an NA account to play there, I had around 100-130 ping. > Why not make an account there before transferring? It would only take you like 5 minutes. I might do that, but do you expect me to have higher or lower ping than you?
: I think it's gonna be lower judging by 2 things: I get 145ms on NA and 55 on EUW (and I live in southeastern Europe), so if I lived in Netherlands I'd have 10-20 ms and that would reduce the ping on NA by about as much. Even more so if he's all the way from Portugal cuz that's even closer to NA. I watched IKeepItTaco play on EUW a couple of times and he gets 80 ms from the east coast. So someone connecting from Portugal to Chicago could expect a similar ping. I could be wrong, but the math is simple... I'm really curious to see if I got any of it right.
> [{quoted}](name=IT EnJhineer,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=Yixuwy5H,comment-id=0000000000000001,timestamp=2018-11-26T14:57:04.014+0000) > > I think it's gonna be lower judging by 2 things: > > I get 145ms on NA and 55 on EUW (and I live in southeastern Europe), so if I lived in Netherlands I'd have 10-20 ms and that would reduce the ping on NA by about as much. Even more so if he's all the way from Portugal cuz that's even closer to NA. > > I watched IKeepItTaco play on EUW a couple of times and he gets 80 ms from the east coast. So someone connecting from Portugal to Chicago could expect a similar ping. > > I could be wrong, but the math is simple... I'm really curious to see if I got any of it right. Well i have like 40 ms in EUW living in Portugal. I don't know about netherlands
Shamose (EUW)
: The PBE is in NA and I always have 100+ ms. So could be higher.
> [{quoted}](name=Shamose,realm=EUW,application-id=eZuvYsEr,discussion-id=Yixuwy5H,comment-id=000000000000,timestamp=2018-11-26T14:50:44.116+0000) > > The PBE is in NA and I always have 100+ ms. So could be higher. Where do you live?
Rioter Comments
: Another poem again
You are great! Nice piece of art.
: Free Low Elo support tips
You are a support main.. If you try to play mid/top or jungle you probably cannot get out of gold.
: >I have told them so many times to permanent chat restrict people after the 14 day ban Well the problem is that you're not exactly in the position to tell Riot what to do, because you're not the expert. They have researched player behavior like noone else has... If there's any topic Riot knows about, it's player behavior and toxicity. ---- Sure, getting a permanent CR might be the best thing for YOU, but you're not the most important player out here, Riot has to do what's best for the** entire **community, that's why they can't make such important decisions for you individually.
> If there's any topic Riot knows about, it's player behavior and toxicity. Clearly they don't know anything about it, the game never improved on this matter after years of work. It gets worst and worst
: I used to flame people a lot around a year ago, I decided to take a break and came back around 4 months later, that break really changed my attitude towards the game and made me less toxic for some reason Now this doesn't have to be the case at all for you, I am just speaking from personal experience; Do you have issues with depression/anger/sadness/etc? because most people that rage a lot when it comes to videogames are usually suppressing emotions which causes them to be on edge (emotionally) constantly, and when something pisses you off, in lets say, a videogame, it can make all those emotions get up to the surface and burst like a bubble, you know? Speaking to somebody if you have problems and working on managing one's anger can be very beneficial not only in-game but in everyday life as well. Now the second topic doesn't necessarily apply to you but I brought it up just to get you to think about it being a possible solution, since your own toxicity seem to bother you :< Try to just chill, Take a deep breath, take a look outside or smile, those are some of the things I do when something pisses me off in-game ! {{sticker:slayer-jinx-wink}}
This game is getting less and less exciting, for everyone, I am taking breaks now, sometimes I just come home and I get into a game, people start to int every lane, the game is over at 15, since people are bad we won't ff so we have to be stuck for at least another 5min, finally it's over and I'm moving to fortnite. I feel like when I have a really bad game that I don't enjoy I move on easly to another game for the rest of the game, I belive soon I won't have any interest to even log in.
Ladrac (EUNE)
: Some addicting pc games
Fortnite obviously
: shouldnt be banned for talking back
just quit the game. Riot started some time ago to ban people for soft flaming, that wasn't happening in early seasons, this together with other stuff cost a lot of their western player base
Eveninn (EUW)
: If I see someone say 'hey that was fking bad' ingame I'd have a hard time to stop laughing before even considering where it seems like flame (it doesn't). I think especially in higher elo you can say so much. Flame is only if it offends the other player, and it only comes back to you if people are bothered enough by it to report you. That's always been my way to go, as long as it dunz offend anyone I won't consider it inappropriate nor flame. The problem with actual flame is that it does offend people, and most of the time is intended to. That is when it's not okay.
The problem is, people get banned for saying fk you, or that play was bad, of ff15 this is lost. You can't say anything at all without getting reported. Obviously if you say this kind of stuff and then you win, it's all good because people wont report. Rioters fail to understand that a lot of the league playerbase was due to the freedom that you had to actually had those kind of small rages out of you not crossing lines like racism and hardcore stuff.
LonelyMist (EUNE)
: Looking for Hard-Carrying (not a smurf) Ranked - Duo Player!
Eveninn (EUW)
: It's hard to compare league soloQ to any sport where the team knows each other. When a coach treats his team rough or teammates getting into a heated argument... it's really not the same as flame in soloQ. You don't have any prior history with the people you get matched with, nor do you have the concept of having to play with them the next day/week. This makes it that the communication with soloQ teammates is simply on a completely different level and has to be adjusted in such ways. A comparison would be that you can say stuff in friend circles or family that would offend people you are less close. You'd hit your friend up about their bad habbits, but maybe less that neighbor you meet once a week.
> [{quoted}](name=GPet,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=atYUuFq9,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2018-09-06T18:34:08.206+0000) > > It&#x27;s hard to compare league soloQ to any sport where the team knows each other. > > When a coach treats his team rough or teammates getting into a heated argument... it&#x27;s really not the same as flame in soloQ. > You don&#x27;t have any prior history with the people you get matched with, nor do you have the concept of having to play with them the next day/week. This makes it that the communication with soloQ teammates is simply on a completely different level and has to be adjusted in such ways. > > A comparison would be that you can say stuff in friend circles or family that would offend people you are less close. You&#x27;d hit your friend up about their bad habbits, but maybe less that neighbor you meet once a week. I would suggest you to watch beyond the rift with saintvicious specifically the topic about toxicity in league where they all agreed that league back then you could say stuff like hey that was fkin bad and that used to be ok and fun. And you will notice that the higher you climb the more ofter you will queue up with the same players, even yesterday I was in jungle and I had a mid laner who kept flaming me and I kept flaming him, we lost. We got queued in the next match up and all was good we won that game. I mean people flame in the heat of the moment is nothing personal it's just fine. People just forget about it the moment they queue up again
Eambo (EUW)
: No. I can however give you the good old fashioned "parental/Thumper advice" - if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. There's no "definitive list of bad things that you should avoid" - it takes a lot of things into consideration - but generally advice is "don't flame or be a jerk and you should be fine" :-P There are some words that are an absolute no no (racism, encouraging suicide, etc.) - but honestly they fall under the "don't be a jerk" area of discussion.
> [{quoted}](name=Eambo,realm=EUW,application-id=2BfrHbKG,discussion-id=atYUuFq9,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2018-09-06T13:08:08.999+0000) > > No. > > I can however give you the good old fashioned &quot;parental/Thumper advice&quot; - if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. People aren't nice to each other in any sport or esport there are many coaches that will call their players stupid and in the heat of the moment, bad things are always said. In the end, League is also a competitive sport, I understand Riot and for example, FIFA trying to end up with the racism and hardcore stuff is obviously understandable, but you never saw FIFA banning players or making campaigns to stop people from calling each other idiots or cursing or calling incompetent in some matter. To ask League players who really care about the game and to win the game just to say, oh you went 0-10 in lane, that's fine next game you will do better or to not just say anything at all is just insane. The competitive experience in any sport will always have this toxicity associated, which is a healthy thing in my opinion as long as you dont cross the line like you said (encouraging suicide, racism etc..) I just feel like riot bans for everything now. If you say in chat %%%% you dude that was bad, you will probably get restricted, and that's just insane.
: We're Silver, stop dodging
To be honest I really belive anything works in silver, I could probably get out of silver playing ap garen. But it's true that, if you are not an OTP off meta pick, if ur picking off meta for the first time and you are not hard smurfing you will very likely do bad.
LonelyMist (EUNE)
: Looking for Hard-Carrying (not a smurf) Ranked - Duo Player!
I think it's good that you analyze your gameplay and that you try to find mistakes and areas that you can improve. If you want my honest opinion, if you are playing in silver elo, everything you said that were your mistakes does not matter, except for probably farming. I would say you only have to start worrying about teamplay and macro plays around mid-high diamond. At your current elo you should be able to win the game just via solo killing your opponent several times in a consistent number of games (find one or two champions that you can use to accomplish this), and/or outfarm him for twice or 3x the cs. If you just do this you will win like 70% of your games even if you don't know anything about macro. Remember that in silver it's an offline game, you don't have humans playing with you.
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
> [{quoted}](name=Aparation,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6EJXEzU2,comment-id=0000000000000000000000000000000100000000000000000000000a,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:40:59.831+0000) > > The weak don&#x27;t live. People who can&#x27;t control their emotions (e.g. people who get toxic in video games even though they know it&#x27;s wrong) and those who can&#x27;t control their impulses are less rich, therefore less attractive to mates, less money=poorer diet and healthcare=dying sooner, etc. all mean that natural selection is still alive and well today, and yes humans are still evolving, evolution hasn&#x27;t &#x27;stopped&#x27; lol Hm, If I find I good reason to stop being toxic I would, but the pleasure I get from it is higher. There's a lot of people who think league with a fair share of toxicity and bm is more fun.
: There is a difference between just competitive bullshitting and straight out being toxic. The line there however is extremely fine and what someone thinks isn't toxic can turn out to be toxic. Competitive bullshiting is about lightening up the mood. Being toxic is about demoralizing others. However the problem may rely elsewhere. Since you are rather calm person in real life, you might actually subconciously use league to vent yourself from all the apes of real world(No offence guys, just an expression). If that is the case, then any game with completely different scenery can work, not to mention just literally writing stuff down. and thats what you happen to do ingame. so type /n instead of /all and then you can curiously start analyzing your own text and see whether or not you should have said that. It might not help at all, but atleast you know you are not alone here. You should see my REAL chatlogs that are all in the notes...afterwards i usually am either in shock how much I can vent or just laugh out loud how stupid i act
> [{quoted}](name=BlueEyeLightning,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6EJXEzU2,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2018-09-05T18:06:53.809+0000) >so type /n instead of /all and then you can curiously Thats nice I didnt know that
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
> [{quoted}](name=GPet,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6EJXEzU2,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001000000000000000000000007,timestamp=2018-09-05T17:06:18.405+0000) > > There is a difference in criticism and flame. ^^ > > I can be part of League even if I can&#x27;t handle it, as flame is not something that&#x27;s considered normal here. As the rules and Riot&#x27;s actions against it prove. > > But I think we are straying into an opinion conflict here that won&#x27;t lead to much of an satisfying end. x3 > > So I just wish you the best, and hopefully you end up with some way you can keep your enjoyment while adjusting behavior a bit. Won&#x27;t be a con for you to stop having to worry abut bans too. ^^ Agreed! Thank you!
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6EJXEzU2,comment-id=00000000000000000000000000000001000000000000000000000006,timestamp=2018-09-05T16:52:53.325+0000) > > What a misconception. > > Natural selection is not about being strong, it&#x27;s about being lucky enough to %%%% and pass your genes on. Lucky? No, eventually the strong genes will be the ones going forward because they will be the ones reproducing the most.
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
If you cannot handle some of the flames, if when you play poorly and you can't handle people being upset I mean you gotta play ARAM or quit the game, it's just how it is. In any competitive sport or environment, people will flame you will get criticism you will be bmed. If you can't handle it, dont be a part of it
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
I mean weak or useless is very subjective and hard to tell. But I mean it is not my fault that they get influenced like that. I am prepared to be flamed and I will respond, if I don't respond I wont feel as good as if I do
quendë (EUW)
: I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
Wouldn't you consider that just might be natural selection? Like in nature, the weak they die, the strong they survive, maybe we humans are letting the weak live so we are stuck in evolution. As rough as it may sound, it's something we might consider
Eveninn (EUW)
: Cus you might start to dislike being banned. :( Or just for the sake of others. \*makes 'pretty please' eyes*
I mean I'v been permabanned in the past. And it's not like I am ruining anyone's life, they might get upset for a few minutes and that's it.
Eveninn (EUW)
: I see the BMing a bit, but the flaming surely doesn't make you feel better. :c Unless it's connected to the aggressive or Adrenalin feeling maybe. I think I'm a bit burnt out today, so I struggle to really over an solution. I'd just recommend you keep the 'why-train' idea humple suggested in mind, often that one only really clicks when you spend some time to keep turning those questions around and see them from different angles, and obviously time. (Don't force yourself to think of it, just when you got little else to do.) It has helped me with quite some problems in the past. ^^
Thank you for the messages!
: > Maybe I didn't find a reason yet That's pretty much my point. Try to find it.
The question remains, why should I try to find a reason.
Eveninn (EUW)
: I've actually never thought of it that way. :o But isn't taking the win silently way more badass? :thinking: I myself am just always insanely proud of myself when I do good and that's all the fulfillment I need. x3 Is there a possibility to adjust this BM in a way where you just call yourself good then? If you don't degrade them or compare them to be worse than you... not sure if that gets out of range of what is toxic as it likely still would feel quite upsetting. :/ Don't mind me, just spitballing with my small mind over here. \o
I mean in the end we are all different, my hormones are different from yours, my DNA etc etc.. Maybe winning in silence fulfills you, and it fulfills me too in some games, but in others it doens't
: So after my daily crawl in the boards and pretty much exclusively in Player Behaviour, I have noticed that people who get banned have no idea why! So I want to compile a list of tips/tricks that people use to stay tilt free and unbanned. *1, Don't raise to bait. If a team mate is flaming you, ITS NOT OKAY TO FLAME BACK Just because they broke rules doesnt give you the right to break them back. *2, Don't type, say it I use this alot in game, When I get to the point where I have idiots on my team, I say to myself / Skype friends that the guy is a moron, I never type it only say it out loud. *3, Can't say anything nice don't say anything at all Pretty much the point above but positive words have more of an effect over negative ones in a positive way. Thank Thumper for this one. *4, Mute all chat Serious do this 65% of the problems with tilt go away, Have a Zed smacktalking in all chat after the 4th time he killed you isn't good! Seeing your team calling reports and smacktalking/flaming in all chat is also gone. Do it serious. *5, Don't play if you having a bad day I noticed after a bad day/night at work, My tolarance to idiots is super low and tilt and want to rage. So I play other games, Your cat's got run over then play a different game you more likely to rage and get upset if external factors are in play. *6, Play music after each game After each game have a few minutes break listen to a few songs/music or watch a youtube video seems to let me forget about the game before. *7, Mute toxic players You dont have to mute all or full mute all just players that are being toxic, You don't need to read negative things all game. *8, Before you type, Think My ruleset is! _Do my team mates need to know this? Will my team gain anything from this? Could I upset anyone by saying this. If I answer No to the first of them, I don't type it. *9, Be careful when playing with premade. If with a premade be careful of what you type a joke between friends may seem like you are being toxic towards a random player just remember other players don't know you are freinds and it can cause problems. This a few things that help me keep ban free, I will update list as people give tips that I will try and find work. Copy and pasta from a thread i made a few days ago
Oh no, I know exactly why I get banned. That's not the thing that's preventing people from getting banned
: > I believe that after being punished for the whole game by all their team when they consider me the ultimate threat, the raid boss, and they just always use everything on me since the being of the game etc. I think you grossly overestimate the attention you get from other people or how much they care about you. Don't worry, that's kind of normal, every human being has it, it's called "spotlight effect/bias". The reality is that people are not paying attention to you, they don't care, they forget you and all the things that you think they think about you...they don't think it. They don't think about you at all. In other words: You should be way way waaaay less concerned about what other people might think about you, because in most cases it's purely imaginary and they don't think about you at all. You happen to be in the same match as them and that's pretty much all the connection you have. > . Why do I feel better? I guess that's the same reason why you feel nice when you have an orgasm, it's just something physical Of course from a biological perspective, pleasure is always physical. But in this case it's definitely something in your mind that's causing it. You should find out what. Why exactly does it feel good to you to trash talk other players in a game? What need do you fulfill by doing so?
You can have "non physical" pleasure. So the thing is, why should I prevent myself from getting that pleasure? Maybe I didn't find a reason yet. Maybe the fact that I possibly will get banned and I make people feel bad for some minutes isn't big enough to prevent myself from getting this kind of pleasure
Eveninn (EUW)
: Another common advice I just remembered is to screen stuff at your screen instead of typing it. I personally love to use music as sort of distraction, so whenever something upsetting happens ingame I turn up the volume and can feel a bit more detached. ------------------ It's hard to change feelings though if that's how it is for you... I assume just not typing is equally hard there? :/ This is where I wish I were toxic at some point just to understand better. T.T How much are those feelings building up? Would it really just be a case of 'if you manage to just keep quite for that minute it'll be fine' or do they stick around until you got them out? (or the game ends?) Obviously this would not be a permanent solution, but all I can think of right now is "you gotta shut up for those times!" >.<
It's just a matter of feeling better. Maybe the tradeoff of the possibility of getting banned isn't strong enough to make me stop not bming of flaming.
: > It's just about making other people regret they always used everything to shut me down and they lost anyway Why is that important to you? Why is it important to you to basically win an internet argument (which, as we all know, is not possible). I don't even want an answer for that question, it's not important for me. But it's an important question you should ask and answer yourself! Usually if you want to solve a problem, you analyze the problem and find out what's causing it. In your case, your problem is toxicity/aggression. Ask yourself "why?". Why are you toxic? Because you want to "make other people regret they always used everything to shut me down and they lost anyway". Ok, ask again: Why? Why do you want that? Keep asking "why?" until you get to the root of the problem. This sounds way easier than it actually is, because quite often we don't even know exactly why we do something or we comfort ourself with a convenient lie. But it's more about the process than the result. Questioning the reasons for your behavior can certainly help you, although it's definitely not a joyful process. I hope this helps you, at least a little bit.
To be honest, I am a very analytical person, and I believe I enjoy more the game that way. I believe that after being punished for the whole game by all their team when they consider me the ultimate threat, the raid boss, and they just always use everything on me since the being of the game etc. (this is just an example of a situation where I can BM enemies) I feel like if I win and I don't say a word the win is meaningless. I feel better if I say some bm stuff. Why do I feel better? I guess that's the same reason why you feel nice when you have an orgasm, it's just something physical (not comparing degrees of pleasure).
: Eh, just remind yourself that if they're playing bad now, imagine how worse they'll play if they have someone raging at them. This is especially true of they know they're having a bad game and struggling. Two things can happen - they either rage back at you, or feel like shit. Either way, It makes them care even less about what's happening. So they're not focusing on the game anymore, and because you're focusing on them, neither are you. And you don't want that.
I don't even mind losing to be honest. What upsets me is how easy people clearly lose 1v1 and blame the jungler, like oh I lost because you didn't gank, I just can't let that go, I have to tell them they are bad and they lost the lane on their own, and the snowball starts.
: https://i.imgur.com/HeGkHvr.gif Edit: if the gif doesn't work for some reason, just click it :/
It's not even about establish myself as the alpha or the best. It's just about making other people regret they always used everything to shut me down and they lost anyway. Or for teammates, it's just frustration and I don't really think, it's just impulsive.
Eveninn (EUW)
: One way is to just never type. (Or delete messages instead of sending them.) However, toxicity can have many complex reasons. I would try to figure out what triggers you actually posting meany things. Might it even be that you are not sure of what is considered toxic and what not? Once you figured out when it happens you should be able to try to stay conscious of it. If you know you are prone to BMing when ahead try to specifically focus on when you are about to do it and stop yourself. I think I don't have to explain to you that it's not worth it. And regarding bad plays... they happen, give them the benefit of the doubt. There is no use in telling them about it, chances are they noticed themselves. If you feel like you need to hint at something they have to change do it as a plan and with 'we'. e.g. instead of "Stop dying solo" do the "aigh boys, let's group up". Last but not least a common advice is to just /mute all at the beginning of the game. I don't know whether this would help you, but if you are getting involved in chat without you wanting it... might be a good idea to try. ^^ ---------- But to get back to your titel. #You can do this! http://i.imgur.com/QtD5ArU.png
Thats a nice reply, and thank you for that. It's weird but I feel like, being a jungler main, imagine that the enemy jungler keeps invading and contesting crabs with mid and top all the time and they kill me in my jungle as 2 or 3, if I invade and kill their jungler solo I almost insta bm him. Because I am already triggered of always getting invaded in a "unfair" way. If I win games that I feel like they tried so hard to shut me down keep using everything on me to prevent me from doing anything, I feel like I have to BM. For teammates, it's the same, if I feel I cannot play my game because they are just not trying or they are just at a skill level that's not acceptable I just can't stay quiet about it.
: AHK script to unbind enter so you can't use chat in-game. You'll find instructions via google rather easily.
If you told me that in game I would probably be toxic towards you. {{champion:32}}
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments

quendë

Level 144 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion