Hansiman (EUNE)
: Then you're honestly no better yourself.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dLu8iEti,comment-id=000000010000,timestamp=2016-08-16T19:48:41.086+0000) > > Then you're honestly no better yourself. I only play the champs and roles I have experience with, and Im focusing on winning over satisfying myself (people who feed, people who try out new champs, they prioritize their individual, short-term frustration, over the end goal) so, actually, Im better
Hansiman (EUNE)
: > That wont get anyone banned but if you dont talk nice to the guy who do this or literally ruin a game u're the one who gets . Why do you have to talk to the guy at all? Ignoring him won't get you punished.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=dLu8iEti,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-16T12:36:20.558+0000) > > Why do you have to talk to the guy at all? Ignoring him won't get you punished. hmmmm let me guess??? Because the fckn cancer is wasting your time and your ranking?
: And there it is!
: Yes its a team game, but your elo and division reflects you, not your team, yet your team can affect you heavily, so there is almost no point in having divisiions tier, mmr. since all of it is one massive amalgamation of every maych with 9 others youve had. As i stated above the performace grades are meaningless also, no point having an S+ and playing great if you gonna lose the same mmr and lp as the first time ap kled mid who is duonig with his silver friend when he is bronze. True solo Q is needed where performace grades do affect lp losses and gains and mmr, so at least it feels your try hard and performance means something, It would filter out more accurately.
> [{quoted}](name=Clit of Big Play,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Wn88PgsW,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-08-14T13:16:43.547+0000) > where performace grades do affect lp losses and gains and mmr, so at least it feels your try hard and performance means something I totally agree with this > [{quoted}](name=Clit of Big Play,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=Wn88PgsW,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-08-14T13:16:43.547+0000) > True solo Q is needed But not this. Why not duelQ instead?
: Mute Pings option...
I agree, though some people just dont understand when it's time to stop chasing or solo pushing and repeatedly feed as a result
: Solo Q, bad players impact a game more than the good
Ranked SoloQ makes no sense to me. Isnt it supposed to be a team game?
Infernape (EUW)
: The amount of times I have begged someone to buy a Morellonomicon or an Executioner's Calling and no one bothers. Then Vlad or Swain come along and it's "omg so OP".
> [{quoted}](name=FurorDivinus27,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=3N5xeUbc,comment-id=000100000000,timestamp=2016-08-12T00:02:42.354+0000) > > The amount of times I have begged someone to buy a Morellonomicon or an Executioner's Calling and no one bothers. Then Vlad or Swain come along and it's "omg so OP". I know the feel bro
Rioter Comments
Zanador (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=sipthejuice,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=00090000,timestamp=2016-08-10T18:50:07.738+0000) > > Because champions are different; you're not gonna pentakill on your own with a fed gallio, but, with a fed katarina, you will > Actually fed Galios can do tons of damage since they upgraded his ulti damage last year. He also happens to be a very good champion if you want to protect your team from a fed Katarina or other carry too. I realize that you were talking about the concept here and not about these two individual champions, but so am i. Unless you go deep into the weakest and most situational champions, you'll find that nearly all of them can carry games if the player knows how to do it. Indeed, champions like Katarina rely more on the enemy team's weaknesses rather than the strength and teamwork of your own, but picking the right champion for a match is a skill, and a very important one too.
> [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=000900000000,timestamp=2016-08-11T05:08:31.175+0000) nearly all of them can carry games if the player knows how to do it. I highly doubt it. I can picture a katarina outplaying 5 champs one after the other, I dont really see how a gallio could do that, unless they're really, *really* bad, or nice enough to pack very tight and let him ult. I cannot picture a thresh or braum pentakill people with an average IQ either. But I guess they can "carry" their team with good calls and strategic use of their assets, if that's what you meant. > [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0005000000010001,timestamp=2016-08-11T05:43:17.101+0000) > How do you make a computer to be able to tell the difference between these players? Existing parameters monitored by lol can describe a game with numbers quite accurately. For ex, by cross-checking damages received, number of deaths, hp, damages done, positions, etc, you could tell which player jump in fights recklessly and get rekt without really thinking about what they're doing, and which one pick their fight, know when to admit they were outplayed and safely disengage so they wont feed the ennemy team.
Trias000 (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=sipthejuice,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=000500000001,timestamp=2016-08-10T18:44:30.642+0000) > > If it is so, then why do we get an individual ranking? (I know there's team ranking, but does anybody really value it?) > Victory might be based on teamplay, but contribution to victory are unequal, there's often some guy outperforming his teammates by far, while another one is underperfoming. Why do these 2 opposite performances grant the same reward/penalty? They don't. In the longrun. Nobody can rely on getting carried every single game. Sometimes they get lucky and win despite playing badly, but more often they will lose and drop points. Conversely, if you play well you might still lose, but in the longrun you will win most of your games and you'll advance in ranks.
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0005000000010000,timestamp=2016-08-11T03:47:56.493+0000) >In the longrun Exactly. This implies that the game is frustrating on the short run. How is that a good thing? Indexing LP gains and losses to individual performances (and Im talking about a comprehensive system based on multiple parameters, not just KDA) would be fair on the short *and* the long run.
: > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T08:46:32.251+0000) > you implying that they're savage people Even if I did, then what? "Savage" is demeaning? Not in my views. I didnt say anything derogatory about the Russians and Africans, but you interpreted it as such, maybe insult is "in the eye of the beholder". Every culture, except today's regressive left, judges it fair to punish carelessness for others, and has always done so. Showing up to a celebration in tracksuits (going sona jungle), leaving in the middle of a wedding without proper etiquette (ragequit), sending ressources to the ennemy (feeding, even unintentionally), experimenting on your customers (playing kled in ranked because you've just bought it, and realizing you have no clue about how to play and build him) have always been met with harsh punishment. Or, at least, a good dose of flaming. In Russia, in Congo, in Venezuela, in Pakistan, then and now. That's not lacking politeness or being "incapable of basic social interactions", all the opposite! That's trying to avoid social interactions turning into lawless chaos.
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T21:46:48.382+0000) > > the very basic social rule "be polite", which is the tl;dr version of the summoner's code It isnt. When you can get banned for telling someone to stop feeding, or asking to report a toxic player, it isnt about politeness, it's more about crowd control... > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T21:46:48.382+0000) > And, by the way, off meta picks aren't against the rules of the game. If anything, they're the reason you see Trundle/Annie/Morgana supports and Varus mid in LCS/Worlds. Once again, man-made rules have no absolute value in themselves, they're an agreement towards a goal. Going against the rule isnt necessary wrong in itself, maybe rules have to be changed. Ranked is a competition, you dont try out things and act carelessly in a competition, period. I have no issue going off-meta as long as it's trial and tested beforehand. How many times have people suddenly decided to try out Braum mid attack speed in LCS? LCS players act carefuly because their career and paycheck depend on their actions. They wouldnt disrespect their team as random strangers do on internet, because they might get a good ass-kicking in the cloakroom, amongst other things.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T08:46:32.251+0000) > you implying that they're savage people Even if I did, then what? "Savage" is demeaning? Not in my views. I didnt say anything derogatory about the Russians and Africans, but you interpreted it as such, maybe insult is "in the eye of the beholder". Every culture, except today's regressive left, judges it fair to punish carelessness for others, and has always done so. Showing up to a celebration in tracksuits (going sona jungle), leaving in the middle of a wedding without proper etiquette (ragequit), sending ressources to the ennemy (feeding, even unintentionally), experimenting on your customers (playing kled in ranked because you've just bought it, and realizing you have no clue about how to play and build him) have always been met with harsh punishment. Or, at least, a good dose of flaming. In Russia, in Congo, in Venezuela, in Pakistan, then and now. That's not lacking politeness or being "incapable of basic social interactions", all the opposite! That's trying to avoid social interactions turning into lawless chaos.
Zanador (EUNE)
: Did you actually read what you wrote? To sum it up: You have 7/0, but you can't carry because your team has a feeder. The enemy team has a guy with 8/0 who is impossible to beat at this point. Now, from where did you get your 7/0? Did you not make your opponent also go 0/7? How come the enemy is impossible to beat with the same stats while it is impossible for you to carry? Correct me if i'm wrong, but the only logical explanation here is that the enemy carry is flat out a better player than you are. You did well on this match, but you weren't the best player there. If we go by your example, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to say that League does not reward good players, it rewards the excellent players... By the way, i don't know much about Dota 2, but i used to play the original DotA a lot, and it seemed to me that they didn't change the system that much. In DotA the game was all about the two carries, and the 1-2 champions in the enemy team picked to counter them hard. These guys needed all the money in the world, and KSing was a real issue. If someone other than the main carry or the counter pick took a kill, it seriously lowered the chances of winning. And while the game rewarded good players on any role, if the carry of your team was bad, then you lost the match before it even started. Don't get me wrong, i liked to play DotA a lot, and i don't think that LoL's system is perfect and infallible, but it really didn't seem to me that one is clearly superior to the other.
> [{quoted}](name=Zanador,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0009,timestamp=2016-08-10T06:52:24.806+0000) > How come the enemy is impossible to beat with the same stats while it is impossible for you to carry? Because champions are different; you're not gonna pentakill on your own with a fed gallio, but, with a fed katarina, you will > [{quoted}](name=Tosha,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0003000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-10T08:24:58.850+0000) > It would absolutely demolish teamplay. I can imagine someone going 6/0 in early, then abandon his team to "protect his kda" If rewards are based on kda, yes, but they dont have to be. There are a lot of other factors monitored by the game. It knows how many damage you did, regardless of whether you finished the kill or not, it knows where you've been and how long, how many healing you ve done, how many times you were afk farming in jungle when your team was doing the baron etc etc... A tailored system isnt going to be perfect, but it could be a dramatic improvement from the current one
Trias000 (EUNE)
: I think it's players who need to start thinking about which game they chose to play and why. If they want to win singlehandedly, why did they choose to play a **team** game?
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=00050000,timestamp=2016-08-10T16:14:18.613+0000) > > I think it's players who need to start thinking about which game they chose to play and why. If they want to win singlehandedly, why did they choose to play a **team** game? If it is so, then why do we get an individual ranking? (I know there's team ranking, but does anybody really value it?) Victory might be based on teamplay, but contribution to victory are unequal, there's often some guy outperforming his teammates by far, while another one is underperfoming. Why do these 2 opposite performances grant the same reward/penalty? The game monitors tons of parameters that could be used to tailor LP gains and losses. But it doesnt have to be all or nothing, it could be +/- 50%. Like, one team wins, one guy is 12/1/5, took 3 towers, contributed to baron, drakes, was here in every team fight etc etc, he would get 30LP. Another guy was 1/12/0, afk farming, 0 contribution to towers/baron etc, he would get only 10. Equally, if this was a loss, the first player would only lose 10LP, when the other guy would lose 30. Doesnt it sound fair and healthy?
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T20:10:48.436+0000) > > It's the other way around: LoL rules are based on common sense. > > You're the only constant in your matches. In your place, I would start thinking very deeply as to why your attitude brings so many losses to you. > > (Hint: there's a direct correlation between flaming and losing a lot) Your "common sense" is only the reflection of specific interests in a specific time and space. Ask a Russian, an African, about your PC common sense, you might not like the answers. Going PC for big game companies is just the safest strategy, regarding short-term profits and risks of lawsuits. Im affraid Im not interested in answers to questions I havent asked, but, since you gave me a hint I feel obliged to reciprocate, so here is mine : "there's a direct correlation" between the need to impose your rules on others, and being tyrannised by rules oneself
Hansiman (EUNE)
: Greetings. I took the liberty to edit out your screenshots as naming&shaming is a violation of the rules. It doesn't matter what you feel the other players did, because your case isn't about their behaviour. You are being judged solely and what you did, and if you're harassing allies, blaming them, or insulting them, then you're simply breaking the rules. If the other players are misbehaving, they risk getting their own cases where their behaviour will be judged, and not yours. You simply can't point fingers and say that it's their fault. You're responsible for your actions, so you'll have to take the consequences for them.
> [{quoted}](name=Hansiman,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=fFUOj3nO,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-09T19:47:07.334+0000) >blaming them, [...] > You simply can't point fingers and say that it's their fault. You're responsible for your actions, so you'll have to take the consequences for them. What is considered "blaming" and "pointing fingers"? If it *is* entirely someone's fault and we state the factual truth in a neutral, non-aggressive and concise way, is this considered punishable? Like "they keep ganking because you push too hard"
Kialandri (EUW)
: While I agree with you, loosing due to afk is punishment enough already, Riot cant really change much about it. If they enable 4 People to suffer no LP losses, one can simply queque up as 5 man team, and one person throws away their LP till they get a game they win. Sure, it would be great to get such a system, but it´s gamed far too easily.
> [{quoted}](name=Kialandri,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=TJEIljzL,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2016-08-09T21:43:44.203+0000) > Riot cant really change much about it. If they enable 4 People to suffer no LP losses, one can simply queque up as 5 man team, and one person throws away their LP till they get a game they win. They could just double LP loss for the leaver, and halve it for his team, it would already be a great improvement, and would probably generate few abuse, that could be detected by algorithms anyway. Really, it sounds quite simple and would probably reduce toxicity a lot
Sefi (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=Tally Crow,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0002,timestamp=2016-08-10T00:29:52.878+0000) > > I agree with this, but maybe it's harder for league.. but I am sure it's possible for the future... {{sticker:slayer-jinx-catface}} Although i like the idea i'm pretty sure Riot would be against it. Its pretty clear to me that they don't like solo carrying at all and are trying their best to make it hard as fuck if not impossible
> [{quoted}](name=BlueStr,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=00020001,timestamp=2016-08-10T04:21:26.219+0000) > that they don't like solo carrying at all I dont like it either, but, at the end of the day, rank is individual, so there's no good reason for LP gain/loss to be shared
Trias000 (EUNE)
: Or, to put it more simply: Imagine a situation where both teams have a player with 8/0 score. Who "deserves" to win then? **Your** team, right? ;)
> [{quoted}](name=Trias000,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-08-10T03:41:47.135+0000) > > Or, to put it more simply: Imagine a situation where both teams have a player with 8/0 score. Who "deserves" to win then? **Your** team, right? ;) Why cant both players get LP? I dont see why LP should be split between teams when their members are randomly dispatched
Enjutsu (EUNE)
: You gave a pretty intresting example: Overwatch. Because you see, Overwatch Ranked is broken, from what i've heard it seems it's mostly because of this performance measuring system, which creates a bunch of issues, the ones i know are: 1. supports are fucked, the amount of suport players in high ranks is really low, which is because carry heroes there fuck up less so supports do less(they get to heal for smaller ammounts or something like that) 2. apperantly some maps create rather big negative gain in rank, you can do well in a bunch of games, lose one and all your days work goes to waste. These 2 are at least the ones i know.
> [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=qYeE0QNF,comment-id=0004,timestamp=2016-08-10T04:12:41.674+0000) > Because you see, Overwatch Ranked is broken thats not really the issue, he was just giving hints
5oulDARK (EUW)
: League of Legends doesnt reward players for being good
EXACTLY. Rito needs to start thinking about this aspect, because I think it generates a lot of frustration that turns into toxicity.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=00020000000000000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T19:39:44.267+0000) > You're being a dick to people for dying in a video game. Nuff said. You try to belittle video games, but your morale sense is dictated by the rules of League of Legend? LOL BRUH? xDDD you're not reading to understand, you're just trying to find flaws to assert a power you havent. I agree on one point : "nuff said"
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=000200000000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T15:42:52.360+0000) > And people aren't rightfully upset at being insulted for not being Faker in a video game? > "Obviously" my ass, I've seen people (even on the boards) being flamed for dying to towerdives and being unable to prevent them. > being insulted for being unskilled in a video game can wear even the toughest person's confidence down. Ok ok, some people are dicks. My main point is, there's a big difference between "go play tetris, noob", and "I will kill you and your family". If some snowflake is shattered by "stop feeding ffs", he probably should seek a shrink rather than a competitive environement. Really, this "safe space" and "muh trigger" victim mindset is getting way too much traction. > The theory that anger should be vented to prevent its accumulation has actually been proven wrong by psychological research. Interesting, but "research" arent all beyond criticizing. For me, anger has a purpose and wont go away until the problem is solved. Or dissolved... >On the other hand, by flaming people whose only mistake was being in the same match as you and die I dont flame people because they "die", I flame them because they *feed*. People who dont know how to swing a bat wouldnt sign up to a baseball competition, but many people have no shame trying out new champs in ranked, just because it's an anonymous environement and they wont get punched in the face. I think it's up to rito to prevent those behaviours. One of the problems is, we have absolutely no power over teammates. We cannot even give them a yellow card, a bad review, blacklist them or anything. But we still share the consequences of their actions. Obviously it's bound to generate frustration. Riot did a great job with LOL, but Im sure improvements in the social aspect would benefit it a lot more than gameplay ones. > And how many of those that you nsulted for dying actually reached out on the boards to improve? :D Didnt I talk about articles and videos? You conveniently left this part out ^^ I would be surprised if anyone beyond bronze 6 learned the game by himself. We all try the game, fail, get flamed, and "reach out" for guidance in the form of articles, videos, forum posts, or conversation. People have been flaming me a lot for feeding, and now, I learnt to minimize it. > I don't judge people's intelligence for their mistakes in a video game. I judge them on the way they (and other people) react to mistakes in a video game. > Being bad in a video game has absolutely zero impact in your daily life. However, being insulted for being unskilled in a video game can wear even the toughest person's confidence down. Yeah, I guess video games have absolutely zero impact on the daily life of faker and other professional players. Are you saying this because you're unranked? ^^ > There's no choice to be made. The system handling intentional feeding is separate from the system handling flaming. The system doesnt punish "unintentional" feeding, but it punishes its critics. I recently played with the most retarded lee ever, supposedly ranked gold. He fed all lanes on early with the most idiotic, suicidal ganks. His plays were toxic. At some point I precisely told him : "can you stop feeding pls". Quite the hateful flamer, isnt it? But he replied agressively, and kept feeding. Then he started to blame us! So I replied : "you play for them". As he kept suiciding, I told him those exact words : "dont try to be skilled lee, just afk farm. Stay in your jungle, we'll 4v5". So yeah, sure, thats unpleasant to hear, thats condescending, but that's deserved and totally acceptable. The guy was a nuisance, I told him to stop poisining our game, without any insult. No less, no more. He went full troll and fed even more. So, obviously, I went human torch and insulted him. Guess who got punished by the system? Yep, I got chat-restricted. (yeah and also because of 2 other games ^^) But he was 3/14 with a legit built, so the system didnt consider that "intentional feeding". It only punished me, because it was easy to track keywords, and it was harder to track the feeding behaviour. This is a design choice. And I argue it's a bad one. > You have no right to decide what someone should or should not be playing Dude, dont try to tell me what to think, "you have no powers here" ^^ I speak my mind, it's just an opinion, not a demand. Deal with it!
: People seriously need to get over it
There are toxic chatting, but also toxic plays. You cant get over feeders, chasers, people in your team who go afk farm...
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=gyzzklxG,comment-id=000000010000000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T14:53:43.673+0000) > > Perhaps you're not as good as you think you are. Yeah and maybe Im better? I didnt say how good I believe I am, you're just making random assumptions >Everyone started as a noob I dont know about everyone, but I went to ranked ignoring the most basic mechanics of the game, and I spoiled a lot of people's games. Still, my teammates lost as many LP than I did. Why? It's unfair. >would only worsen the KDA problem, and you would come back here complaining about the 0/12 Yasuos trying to killsteal to get a better KDA. "KDA problem"? My main problem is feeders. Not KS. What's the problem with KS? I dont mind KS at all, Im not doing a KDA competition. First of all, it's not that easy. If you can control how and when you KS, you can probably make kills on your own. Secondly, those KS might make him come back in the game, which is good for the team. Thus, good for me. But, most of all, I never advocated for a system based on KDA. It's just one of the indicators that could be used. Another one, damage inflicted, would easily balance ponder. But, once again, I highly doubt someone can KS from 0/12 to 12/12. And, no, Im not saying ranking should be based solely on damages inflicted either. > you never consider assists to be part of KDA Another random assumption, are you in my head or something? ^^ Dude, I main support, obviously I value assists... I was just making a broad suggestion, not dwelving into details. There are already a lot of parameters monitored by the game, such as KDA, damages inflicted and received (in multiple sources), turrets taken, minions killed, gold obtained etc... Add some more, and you have a quite accurate depiction of the game for a machine, which then enable it to rate everybody's performance... Sure, it would require complicated algorithms, trials and errors, that's a job for a billion dollars company operating one of the most successful games... But I would rather this than a new champion every month
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:38:08.347+0000) > In my experience, it works to tilt people more. You know, a lot of trolls justify their purposefully ruining people's games by being flamed in previous games. And you wonder why it's such a vicious cycle? Except that people are rightfuly tilted by feeders : they've been wronged and voice it. But people who get flamed (in this specific situation), havent been wronged, they're just creating frustration *twice* not passing it on. > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:38:08.347+0000) > How are they supposed to reach out to improve. as we all do : articles, videos, forums... > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:38:08.347+0000) > Is it so much of an effort to simply write "try hugging your tower, I'll gank asap" instead of "stop dying u retard"? Been there, done that, doesnt work. Only geniuses learn from their mistakes instantely. > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:38:08.347+0000) Sometimes you can't even _help_ dying because you get dove under tower and your opponent manages to kill you. At that point, Have you ever been dived 3 times before min 6? Me neither. Obviously nobody flames a guy who gets dived by 5 champs after 40 mins... When I flame, Im talking about people who get ganked constantely, and die 5 times before 8 because they keep pushing and dont bother warding their bush. > [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=0002000000000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:38:08.347+0000) > Also, how pathetic is it to insult someone's intelligence or family for mistakes done in a video game? Family has nothing to do with the game, but intelligence? You dont consider lol to use intelligence? In the current state, the system has a choice between banning flamers and banning feeders. Most of the time, it bans flamers, adding insult to injury, leaving feeders/trolls unpunished and maybe unaware of their mistakes. My suggestion is to tailor LP win/loss to individual performances (there are already a lot of indicators, like KDA, damage inflicted/received, heal, towers, stats). If you have a great game but you team feeds, you only lose 5 LP. If you had a horrible game but got carried by your team, you ony win 5LP. Im quite convinced flaming would dramaticaly decrease instantely. People say everybody will start playing safe. How is that a bad thing in ranked? Just to make it clear, I dont condone people wishing cancer to someone else or threatening their family, to me, that's off-limits. But "stop dying ffs", "go tetris noob", I dont think that should warrant any punition, unless in the most pathological cases.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=gyzzklxG,comment-id=0000000100000000,timestamp=2016-08-08T11:25:47.053+0000) > > Not everyone and not in every elo bracket. But my point is, **there would be no tanky support/jungler/top laner anymore in any games because everyone would be worried about having to soak damage for their weaker teammates**. > > Read above. It might happen in silver V, but not everyone is focused in chasing kills - although it's understandable in silver, being the elo where most of the population is at, and where people think that kills make the game and blame their teammates for the losses... > > I main support as well, and I (used to) do everything I could to keep my carry alive, even sacrificing myself for their sake or getting poked in their stead. Great, Mr perfect, now tell me how you peel 2 champs coming from different directions with only one alistar? Im a main Braum, I know what it means to sacrifice myself for the adc, always did, always will. But my game also benefited a lot from playing safer. If there is never any individual drawback for feeding, except than the collective loss of the game, 0/12 yasuos will keep chasing to the ennemy nexus and blame their team for the loss... The current system actually *deters* me from playing tanky champs with cc, heal, or protective abilities. I just played a game as tahm kench support and repeatedly saved a noob caitlyn from gank using W, only to see her die because she goes 2v1 when I recall base. This is the kind of thing that make me pick velkoz or illaoi as supp, because, I know Ill be less dependent on the adc to make damage and, worst case scenario, I'll have more fun than with an Alistar. If I could trust the game to punish me less for a stranger trying out a new champ, Id be more inclined with helping him. Right now, I'd more feel like flaming.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=gyzzklxG,comment-id=00000001,timestamp=2016-08-08T10:41:00.559+0000) > >It wouldn't work because everyone would be thinking of their own KDA because they dont? xDDD People are already focused on their kda, but the opposite way : getting as many kills as possible, regardless how many deaths they give the ennemy, and getting as little assist as they can. Dude, Im main supp, and, if I had more carries who'd ran away instead of staying front line, I'd love it.
LaM0x (EUW)
: Illaoi tentacle spotting
Yep, would be convenient.
Shiwah (EUW)
: ***
> [{quoted}](name=Shiwah,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tL69gvFk,comment-id=00020000,timestamp=2016-08-08T09:47:43.815+0000) > > Is "stop dying u retard" even qualified to be considered "criticizing to reform toxic plays"? I mean, it has no value because there's nothing constructive in it - like advising on _how not to die_, or even -gasps- _helping the player out_. It's not pleasant, it's not polite, but it works... You dont have time to explain mechanics in game, but when people continuously tell you to "stop dying" it implies 2 things : 1)there's a way to not die 2)your death has a negative imact. Most people will discard the first insults, but after a couple dozens, they'll realize they're doing something wrong and reach out to improve. Personnaly, I've improved a lot after being flamed, because it helped me pinpoint what I was doing wrong
Lsayu (EUNE)
: for all you tryhards feeder/troller-reporters etc etc - PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE, ACCEPT IT, MOVE ON
Then what would you say if a football player signed up to a competition but came with a baseball bat (playing braum mid), or, he didnt know the rules of the game (no, you dont solo baron with blitzcrank), he left in the middle of the game because he was losing (ragequit), or he kept giving the ball to the other team (feeder)? Seems to me like this guy would never be allowed in a competition again. And ranked is just that : a competition. Now, I understand that, if people were punished for not taking the game seriously, servers would simply be empty overnight. So, I think the best option would be for riot, not to punish "bad" players, but to make their impact smaller on those who are trying harder. Like, adapting LP loss according to how you played. A 0/12 yasuo relentlessly chasing would lose more than a 1/2 janna playing cautious. And, conversely, an afk-farm jungler would gain less than an adc with top damages on champions and turrets. It would probably be tricky to get right, but that's the best option I could think of
: What do you calll Mecha Zero Sionwhen he runs out of energy and shuts down?
: so in my most recent match...
This "naming and shaming" rule is snowflakes paradise... If kids are deemed so fragile they cant even deal with shaming over their anonymous avatar in a virtual forum, I cant imagine how they'll deal with it when faced in physical reality, with their real faces...
: Flame
Im a flaming apologist, even a proponent, because I think it's often deserved, and even necessary for people to reform their toxic plays, but it should stay within the realm of criticizing... And insults can be funny, I mean, there are many kids in LOL, but yeah, "cancer" is off-limits
: Premades ruin the All for One experience
Im pretty sure I had a game where 4 players picked the same champ, and the system ended up choosing the champ picked by the 5th player...
: What can players do to prevent getting matched with unsportsmanlike and unhealthy players? Report?
That's why I avoid soloQ like the plague... As I got fed up with the random people I was stuck with, I started reaching out and gathering reliable team mates to play consistent games. Not necessarily carry gods, but simply people I can trust with minimizing feeding, tilting, recklessly chasing; people who will follow to Nashor and not autisticly afk farm.... And suddenly, I discovered a completely different game. So, my advice is to reach out to people you enjoy playing with, and group up
Mada (EUW)
: Weirdest adc ever
"*my* support" --->instant tilting xD
: Please create a reverse Illaoi skin
Illaoi really lacks skins...
Pik4s (EUNE)
: [Suggestion] Accepting game
Rioter Comments
: Hidden Trump is the deadliest
Ill build the wall and Anivia will pay the mana for it
: Stealth and pink wards (Searching for riot devs)
> First of all, pink wards should have their own special place in the item slots, just like trinkets I concurr.
Kael Mi (EUNE)
: However, you cant have a soloQ with friends, the result would always be some sort of dynaQ. People complained about queueing up as soloplayers and be matched against a duo with good teamwork. The only good solution IMO is to have a true soloQ (no duos), and a dynaQ with LP-bonuses for solo players if they are placed with 4 premade or 3's.
> People complained about queueing up as soloplayers and be matched against a duo with good teamwork. plays a team game > complains because ennemies actually cooperate. xDDD My impression here, is that many people are pissed because they had it easy in SoloQ. They faced kids with no interest in teamplay, chasing relentlessly, titling, and they piled pentakills by picking them one by one. They're lone wolfs playing kda and doing it well. But, as soon as they face a team that actually cooperate, they suddenly feel completely powerless, when their 250k yasuo gets massively cc'ed xDDD I think the game *should* reward cooperation and communication. We're not playing diablo...
TTekkers (EUW)
: Can we determine how many people here actually want SoloQ back
If some people want to solo that hard, why not a 1v1 queue then?
Braugar (EUW)
: MAKE THE COMMUNITY GREAT AGAN!!! (if it ever has been a good community)
BlâckLotus (EUNE)
: [Daily Reminder] WE STILL WANT SOLO Q
It's a team game, why is it a problem that people win through superior communication and more coordinated execution? Thats exactly how it's supposed to be, and it's good. My problem is when kda players who mastered some carry champ climb their way through elo, just because they stomp noob kids who also play kda. Because Im a main support, and strongly team-oriented, but I cant prevent a group of random kids to chase forever and fall into bronze traps reapeatedly. So, for me, soloQ is hell. If people are so keen on going solo and win individualy, why not ask rito for a duel, 1v1 mode?
Rioter Comments
l3imbo (EUW)
: Flaming
Flaming is ok because they deserve it! Just had a 2/14 jhin in my team and I was his support! 40 wasted frustrating mins only to lose LP. He's the one who should have trained and be a good adc, but no, it was his first time, he had no problem training in ranked, because "its only a game!". They're careless because there's no consequence to their actions. They'll feed, they'll make you lose games, doesnt matter to them. If it doesnt matter to them, they should be paying the price, right? What if it matters to you? You're still bearing the consequences of *their* mistakes. So at least by flaming you can push the anger towards them and shake them a little. If they're continuously flamed, most people will eventualy come to realise they're doing something wrong. But if criticism is always forbidden, people go on with their mistakes. That's pretty much what happens with society today, there's no discipline and dignity, because every criticism will be punished as racism, sexism, harrassment, whatever...
l3imbo (EUW)
: Flaming
Following the customer is always a short-term strategy. They'll ask for more cheese, as they cant imagine something out of the box; it's just not their job, they're customers, not designers. Just like I quoted Henry Ford : "if I asked my customers what they wanted, they'd have said : a faster horse", but he gave them cars.
RooooooIt (EUNE)
: I remember the good old days of season 2 when I went 2/10 my first time and I was on my cousins acc and they said nothing but don't worry. Where did those days go :(
> [{quoted}](name=RooooooIt,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=tJYHHlFx,comment-id=00030000,timestamp=2016-07-24T21:04:38.043+0000) > > I remember the good old days of season 2 when I went 2/10 my first time and I was on my cousins acc and they said nothing but don't worry. Where did those days go :( and you dont learn because you dont know whats wrong...
Show more

sipthejuice

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion