: Power of PRO players and streamers
Those picks you meantioned where legit though. Neeko adc was broken and even got a hotfix nerf, mf support was a counter pick to Zyra and netted misfits 2 wins vs SKT during the worlds semi finals (a massive deal), and viktor top was him abusing his ability to be safe early up there using the ranged match up. They aren’t trolling, think about it pro players are doing this for their jobs, they rely on actually winning for earning a living... they won’t do something they don’t think will work... and it’s not their fault that low elo copy them without understanding why they are doing what they are doing... doesn’t matter what pro players do low elo players will always badly imitate them And streamers are entertainers, they’ve gotta put on a show and that means breaking out a few unusual picks
Xiley (EUNE)
: > [{quoted}](name=swampert919,realm=EUW,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=ktRGNcfA,comment-id=0001000000000000,timestamp=2019-03-18T17:38:17.628+0000)In chat you can report them and riot have a chat log showing what they did... in a voice chat there’s no evidence, at least not one that riot can automatically scan and detect toxicity. > >It’s not a case of muting or being over sensitive... if someone is breaking the rules that we agreed to when we made our accounts they should be punished, we all pressed accept on the terms and agreement... there should be no reason someone being toxic should get away with it, and riot shouldn’t be adding a way for them to abuse others for free. Voice recognition technology is good enough these days to detect bad words and it's not a problem to store sound files when they're already storing game replays. Moreover the only sound that would get stored would be where someone got reported. >Muting pings isn’t at all common, you don’t do that unless someone is spam pinging which is actually pretty rare to do... muting coms is extremly common to the point where people on Xbox even mute everyone at the beginning. You're comparing console peasants to PC master race. Average Xbox player is 8-12 year old while LoL is an old game and most players are 16+ years old. >Except it’s not... other mobas have implemented voice chat, they haven’t worked and haven’t added anything to the game, nobody even bothers with it anymore in HotS. I don't know how you can say it hasn't added anything to the game and nobody uses it, it's such an absurd statement without any kind of proof to back it up. Most smart people would mute everyone but still SAY what they want to do instead of typing. Only an idiot would rather type in solo queue instead of communicating through voice chat. >We have plenty of examples of voice chat being pointless or harmful in gaming when it’s not between friends... this isn’t nonsense this is fact. Why would riot waste resources on a system which at best would be forgotten. There's not a single example because every game that has voice chat also has mute option so there's literally no problem with it whatsoever unless you make it up in your head. >You’re also forgetting about people who can’t use voice chat... the mic on my computer is broken I don’t want to have to spend money on a new one just so I’m not at a disadvantage in a free to play game that I’ve been playing for years. You need to spend money on keyboard and mouse in order to be able to play. I guess it's not a free to play game then because some people might not want to spend extra money on keyboard. Your special snowflake way of thinking is not argument.
> Voice recognition technology is good enough these days to detect bad words and it's not a problem to store sound files when they're already storing game replays. Moreover the only sound that would get stored would be where someone got reported. It really isn’t... and I don’t think anyone would like for the fate of their account to be in the hands of voice recognition which can easily be messed up by simple accents and dialects. > You're comparing console peasants to PC master race. Average Xbox player is 8-12 year old while LoL is an old game and most players are 16+ years old. And yet both communities are both as toxic as each other... face it no matter how much you think you are above them theres no difference between console and pc gamers... try not to be so elitist > I don't know how you can say it hasn't added anything to the game and nobody uses it, it's such an absurd statement without any kind of proof to back it up. Most smart people would mute everyone but still SAY what they want to do instead of typing. Only an idiot would rather type in solo queue instead of communicating through voice chat. Except that’s exactly what happens... the vast majority of the time voice chat functions sit completely unused. In both PC and console games the voice chat function is rarely used and when it is it’s the people you mute. Think about it, you mute everyone and use voice chat, everyone else mutes everyone and does the same... everyone becomes muted and guess what, nobody can hear each other. Real useful huh. In every voice chat system everyone opts out of mass mutes at the start of every game... why would riot waste resources on a system nobody wants to use. > There's not a single example because every game that has voice chat also has mute option so there's literally no problem with it whatsoever unless you make it up in your head. There’s plenty of examples... you are just to stubborn to see them. > You need to spend money on keyboard and mouse in order to be able to play. I guess it's not a free to play game then because some people might not want to spend extra money on keyboard. Your special snowflake way of thinking is not argument. Firstly don’t need keyboards there’s such a thing as a laptop Secondly computers have way more uses than just league, I get my money’s worth with just using it for uni, not to mention the other games I have on there If I brought a mic there’s no reason to use it... completely pointless. People shouldn’t be forced into buying accessories for a game that is both unnecessary and will never be used.
: Even if you do not use VC, or dont have/have bad mic, there will always be that one player ( usually two ) that will start giving out strategies. Give advice, point out mistakes in a way you will ask yourself what are you doing etc etc Atleast thats my experience in Dota2! And its far better that then having to invite or add every player that plays with me, especially if I dont have any type of habit to do that! VC cleares you from typing and losing valuable time! I think thats the point we need to focus!
But that’s easy enough to do on a regular chat... And giving out tips isnt a good idea, people tend to take it the wrong way.... it’s also a good way to tilt someone, having someone wittering in your ear about your mistakes can be tilting. And every time I’ve gone on DotA all I’ve had on the voice chat are people being assholes... not useful at all... and that happens enough that it’s DotA’s main reputation is the toxicity on the voice chat. Yes it clears you from having to type (which isn’t even a big deal, we’ve butched the language enough that it’s all short hand) but it also opens up an avenue where toxicity can fester without punishment and gets detrimented by the quality. ___ You are also forgetting we aren’t on an English only server, we’ve got one of the most diverse servers in league. We cant always get value from understanding each other. In chat that’s less of an issue, words become short hand and universal... no matter the language people are going to understand basic calls. That falls apart in voice coms, pronounciation, dialect, language in general sounds sped up if you don’t understand it. You’re not gonna understand as much. ___ Another issue, playing with someone talking can be distracting, it can be difficult to make a play with someone trying to talk to you. You’ve also got multiple lanes, if top and jungle are making a play, and bot lane is at the same time you’ve got 2-4 people talking at once... in pro play they’ve got ways to stop this, we won’t... voice chat doesn’t help if you can’t hear properly. You’ve also got the large portion of players who play with music playing... it helps them focus. They aren’t gonna be able to use voice chat and therefore are penalised. ___ Like I’ve alreafy said voice chats either become infamously unusable or forgotten...
DEOLO (EUNE)
: Greedy riot
Exchange rates change, the economy is constantly shifting and there’s been a few major shake ups recently... riot have to change their pricing to keep up with exchange rates. So the value of riot points haven’t changed, it’s real world currencies that have. And it’s a free to play game, if riot wanted to greed they could charge us countless ways, at least it’s only optional cosmetics
Xiley (EUNE)
: First of all people who overuse phrase "toxic" and "toxicity" are oversensitive and you seem to be doing that. Second of all I don't understand what's the difference between someone calling you bad words over voice chat rather than regular chat. In both cases you'd be able to mute someone so once again - it's a made up issue by oversensitive people like yourself. Most people won't scream at you calling you bad names over voice chat because guess what - they don't want their family members to hear it so obviously you would have less name calling over voice chat than in regular chat. "Voice chats just don’t work out how people want them, and and muting doesn’t always help as as seen in DotA people will choose to only use voice communication instead of chat or pings... you’re suddenly going to cut the community in half and those who don’t want to deal with chat get put at a disadvantage... something people already complain about with premades." This is dumb because you already have an option to mute pings so people who mute pings will be at a disadvantage to people who aren't that sensitive and don't mute them. Also, befor you mute someone you can tell them that you're muting them on voice chat so they will know you don't hear them anymore. "We’ve just got too many games which show that voice chat decrease game quality more often than improve it... there’s little point for riot to add it at this point in league’s life" This is an absolute made up nonsense. Muting someone on voice chat is easy and takes no effort while typing when trying to communicate something is terrible, this is why pings exist.
> First of all people who overuse phrase "toxic" and "toxicity" are oversensitive and you seem to be doing that. Second of all I don't understand what's the difference between someone calling you bad words over voice chat rather than regular chat. In both cases you'd be able to mute someone so once again - it's a made up issue by oversensitive people like yourself. Most people won't scream at you calling you bad names over voice chat because guess what - they don't want their family members to hear it so obviously you would have less name calling over voice chat than in regular chat. In chat you can report them and riot have a chat log showing what they did... in a voice chat there’s no evidence, at least not one that riot can automatically scan and detect toxicity. It’s not a case of muting or being over sensitive... if someone is breaking the rules that we agreed to when we made our accounts they should be punished, we all pressed accept on the terms and agreement... there should be no reason someone being toxic should get away with it, and riot shouldn’t be adding a way for them to abuse others for free. > This is dumb because you already have an option to mute pings so people who mute pings will be at a disadvantage to people who aren't that sensitive and don't mute them. Also, befor you mute someone you can tell them that you're muting them on voice chat so they will know you don't hear them anymore. Muting pings isn’t at all common, you don’t do that unless someone is spam pinging which is actually pretty rare to do... muting coms is extremly common to the point where people on Xbox even mute everyone at the beginning. > This is an absolute made up nonsense. Muting someone on voice chat is easy and takes no effort while typing when trying to communicate something is terrible, this is why pings exist. Except it’s not... other mobas have implemented voice chat, they haven’t worked and haven’t added anything to the game, nobody even bothers with it anymore in HotS. We have plenty of examples of voice chat being pointless or harmful in gaming when it’s not between friends... this isn’t nonsense this is fact. Why would riot waste resources on a system which at best would be forgotten. ___ You’re also forgetting about people who can’t use voice chat... the mic on my computer is broken I don’t want to have to spend money on a new one just so I’m not at a disadvantage in a free to play game that I’ve been playing for years.
: ***
Because it creates interference. Remember pro teams have a strict structure for shot calling, even code words for basically shut up so that they can hear what they need to hear. Even if you mute others might not and that creates the interference. You are also focusing in on a very small aspect... that is just one point the toxicity, it’s super common for bad mic quality, people playing music as they play, them not even having a working mic... all of this unfairly hinders your team as you essentially force them to play against premades every game. Like I said we’ve seen 2 games and an entire console where voice chat hasn’t added anything... with HotS even having nobody ever use it because it didn’t add anything.
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: Daisy stays for up to 60s. Tibbers stays for up to 45s. Daisy's CD can go down to 66s with 45% CDR. Tibbers' CD can go down to 44s with 45% CDR. So in theory, Annie CAN have permanent Tibbers. Ivern can't have permanent Daisy. Edit: Also, Annie can use the Ultimate Hunter rune, meanwhile it isn't ideal for Ivern.
But again you use daisy for daisy, the effect of her being around aka the knock ups... you use tibbers for the activation AoE, tibbers himself is just a side benefit So it doesn’t make sense for Annie to have a longer cooldown as you want just the activation, with ivern you are more interested in keeping daisy alive for the continuous effect so should be punished for loosing her faster.
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: Meanwhile Annie gets an AoE stun with a minimal cast time, and can constantly apply Rylai with it if needed. Tibber's lvl 1 CD is the same as Daisy's lvl 3 CD.
Tibbers also has a limited life span, Daisy can stay out indefinitely. Daisy is meant to stay around long term so doesn’t need to always be recast, tibbers you cast for the AoE not for tibbers themselves... so a lower cooldown makes much more sense.
: Before anybody comes here and says ''People are toxic and kids will scream and say meanie words'' NO, this is stupid since I've already tested voice chat with discord in s7 and I had NO issues. Made over 15 games with average 3 people in vc (including me) and nobody was being childish and screaming as obvious. Why ? Easy answer. People that play competitively get pissed off when they have no way of asking for assistance or making a call with their team asap, making quick calls is crucial and VC will truly make the game more of a 5vs5 rather than 1-5 vs 5 (I hope you got what I meant with that). At least give it only to ranked since normal games can be kinda strange. Or you know, experiment with it ? I doubt they know what experimenting means *cough* S9 ranked shit system *cough*. Well honestly talking I've been in many discussions regarding voice chat and NONE of them had any Rioter comment at why they don't want voice chat (besides a silly example that doesn't even answer the question) so I doubt they will ever see these posts. Mods are trying to fill that gap but they will always be on Riot's side, I've seen it many times. No matter context they will always side with Riot's decision. Some might even abuse their powers in order to shut you.
Except games with a built in voice chats are unpleasant. HotS nobody wants it anymore, DotA you more often get an angry Russian yelling at you than an anything helpful, Xbox it’s common practice to mute everyone because there’s always a kid with poor mic quality. This isn’t taking into account the toxicity of the community or the fact that regulating a voice chat is immediately a lot harder, it gives toxicity an unmonitored avenue to be toxic. 15 games isn’t a big enough sample size, especially as you only have 3 players for each including you... 30 other players compared to a player base of anywhere between 5-10 million... Voice chats just don’t work out how people want them, and and muting doesn’t always help as as seen in DotA people will choose to only use voice communication instead of chat or pings... you’re suddenly going to cut the community in half and those who don’t want to deal with chat get put at a disadvantage... something people already complain about with premades. We’ve just got too many games which show that voice chat decrease game quality more often than improve it... there’s little point for riot to add it at this point in league’s life
: Why does Daisy have a 140 second cooldown when its the most useless Ultimate in the game
Cooldowns tend to be based on similar abilities, ivern’s is more or less consistent with other summons like the maiden. And his usefulness isn’t damage, it’s distruption... you set him on a fighter or front line and he just keeps knocking up suppling a decent amount of distruption and peel
: Just because you don't "carry" matches doesn't mean you aren't a good player. It takes a very specific mindset to be a good carry, and a lot of people don't have it. This is not a bad thing, because if you have a team with too many "carry" players on it, you are doomed to fail. The game needs the tank players and the support players as much as it needs the carries. Just because you aren't "carrying" the match and getting all the kills doesn't mean you aren't making an impact. Be proud of what you can do because it takes a special kind of person to put your own kda aside and support others. You wanna know something? I've been playing this game since Season 1 and I have never gotten a penta kill, and I've only gotten 2 quadra kills. 9 years of gameplay and I've never gotten a penta kill. Does that bother me? No, because I'm not a carry player. Sure there is the occasional game where I pop off and do tons of damage, but those are very very rare. I make my impact with my vision control and my shotcalling to help my team get the kills and objectives they need to carry me through. So instead of worrying about what you can't do, think about what you can do, and be proud of what you do.
Was gonna comment but you’ve summed it up well. We can always use more tank or support players in the community... and playing these champions doesn’t stop you from having awesome moments, maybe not many kills but awesome engages, clutch saves, and things like hook predictions win games just as often as the guy getting the penta kill, and it’s still one for the highlight reel. The game needs more people willing to give up kills to play the champions who enable those who do get kills.
: I'm confused Why you say Cho isnt a Tank but a Fighter. The Definition of a Tank is that they are the Front lines, have low Mobility so are weak against marksman and have heavy CC with a silence . He is even listed as a Tank on the League Client with all the Champion list. And on Wiki when you Google League of Legends Tanks Cho gath is listed there.
Firstly you mentioned the wiki and league client, you likely looked at the wrong one, the old class system didn’t work so riot reworked it a few years ago, the old one put gangplank as a support so we can’t really trust it. https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Champion_classes/Tank Here’s a more up to date list of tanks. Secondly the definition isnt entirely true, tanks are actually surprisingly mobile. Out of 20 tanks 15 have a dash... of the 5 that don’t only 1 doesn’t have some kind of speed boost or semi global teleport (taric). And lastly you’ve combined two different classes there. The front line is made up of two classes, tanks and fighters. Tanks have high durability, high utility, and low damage outside of lane (with one exception who should really be kicked out of the tanks, aka rammus), fighters are high durability, low utility and high damage. While cho does have more utility than other fighters you ultimately pick him for his ult, for the nuke damage. As his main use is to deal damage he can’t be a tank, as to be a tank you need low damage. Therefore fighter specifically juggernaut, seriously closest other champion is Darius who is the stereotypical fighter. Good way to tell whether something is a tank or fighter is their ults... tanks always have utility or AoE cc on their ults, fighters tend to have damage oriented ults... as cho has a true damage nuke as an ultimate it’s gonna be a fighters ult not a tanks one. ___ Hopefully that clears things up... ive been having to argue this point for years now, this misidentification really hurts tanks and really benefits fighters as the blame always goes to the tanks when fighters are an issue... so if you’ve got any more uncertainties about any champion feel free to ask.
: Well wow that does Sound everything understandable. But you compare asif i only rush bc, I still Need Tier 1 boots and if im playing say against a cho gath, I´m also gonna Need to get executioner early on. In that time that actually a Full Bc 3k, Tier 1 boot 300 Gold, Executioner 800 Gold and if our playing as a skirmisher say fiora or trynd or whatever you buy tiamat also, thats another 1.350 Gold. In the end total I Need 5.450 Gold. Just for 1 champ then. Like I´m not trying to argue. I´m just trying to find an understanding. I lose alot of lanes when I´m facing against tanks, I win the trades but they just hog their turrents like it´s their life support, That´s why i find conquerer useless and go sometimes klepto bc I might aswell poke and generate Gold since I know They are just gonna Play passive All day Long. I Show sign of Domination, enemy jglr Comes and ganks. That´s fine with me but MY jglr should do something like getting drake or what not.
> Well wow that does Sound everything understandable. But you compare asif i only rush bc, I still Need Tier 1 boots and if im playing say against a cho gath, I´m also gonna Need to get executioner early on. In that time that actually a Full Bc 3k, Tier 1 boot 300 Gold, Executioner 800 Gold and if our playing as a skirmisher say fiora or trynd or whatever you buy tiamat also, thats another 1.350 Gold. In the end total I Need 5.450 Gold. Just for 1 champ then Tier one boots is only 300 gold, it’s not a difficult buy. It’s also not as necessary as one might think in a tank vs fighter match up, you don’t need to worry about getting kited and with phage you’ve already got a movement speed delta. Cho isn’t a tank, that’s a fighter so again you’ve only got problems with fighters. Executioners also isn’t necessary vs a chogath, he heals passively through last hitting which you won’t be able to counter effectively with executioners unless you hit him every time before he kills a minion, not useful especially when you’ve got him under tower. It’s like buying executioners vs garen, there’s just no point. Tank wise very few are actually healers, out of the 20 true tanks in the game there are only 7 with a built in heal, and of that 7 only 2 are top laners... gragus and maokai. So executioners isn’t something you need in these match ups. You’re also playing skirmishers... they get shut down much better by tanks, mainly because of 3 reasons A) they need to snowball and generally can’t vs a safe laner B) they are entirely auto attack reliant, so those passives of tabi and bramble vest do become gold efficient C) they don’t really want to buy black cleaver first item. They aren’t the issues tanks are facing, it’s the other top laners. > I lose alot of lanes when I´m facing against tanks, I win the trades but they just hog their turrents like it´s their life support, That´s why i find conquerer useless and go sometimes klepto bc I might aswell poke and generate Gold since I know They are just gonna Play passive All day Long. I Show sign of Domination, enemy jglr Comes and ganks. That´s fine with me but MY jglr should do something like getting drake or what not. There’s two things we need to look st then Firstly what champions do you mean by tanks, cause high chance you ain’t talking about actual tanks but rather fighters, which require a different set of counter play. Secondly who are you playing as, cause some champions have a better chance than others (if you are playing an auto attacker try going for a caster instead, this allows you to buy black cleaver and make effective use of conquerer which will ruin a tanks day).
: What do you mean tanks deal Little dmg….. what role do you Play if i may ask. Almost every tank has % MAX Hp dmg in their kit ad that with grasp of the undying rune at that actually hurts alot. Plus I don´t really think s8 was adc meta, why do you think People b1tch About it so much to revert crit items. ADC was sht thats why you mostly seen mages like karthus go adc or a yassuo. Also you only compare it to tanks vs marksman… I´m Talking About top lane. a sion (or any tank) can Play so pasisve and still scale good, he buys tabi with bramble vest and im just screwed. thats like About 2.7k Gold. If you Play a midlane mage then ofc your not gonna struggle becasue the tank mostly buys armor.
> What do you mean tanks deal Little dmg….. what role do you Play if i may ask. Almost every tank has % MAX Hp dmg in their kit ad that with grasp of the undying rune at that actually hurts alot. You can tell you don’t play tanks. (And to answer you question I’m a top lane tank main, I’ve had to experience most of this first hand) % damage doesn’t help much when it’s on one ability with a long cooldown... who cares if you deal 10% of a target’s max health if that’s the only damage you do. Tanks don’t deal any damage outside of the early game... only ones that do don’t belong in the tank class (rammus) or have built a damage item (which is fair for them to deal damage) > Plus I don´t really think s8 was adc meta, why do you think People b1tch About it so much to revert crit items. ADC was sht thats why you mostly seen mages like karthus go adc or a yassuo. Why do you think that mid season update happened, the first half of S8 was an adc meta, adcs then got the nerfs they deserved, along with them tanks died off. As soon as the adc rework happened every tank who’s name wasn’t sion died off, showing it was the power of adcs that forced them into the meta. > Also you only compare it to tanks vs marksman… I´m Talking About top lane. a sion (or any tank) can Play so pasisve and still scale good, he buys tabi with bramble vest and im just screwed. thats like About 2.7k Gold. If you Play a midlane mage then ofc your not gonna struggle becasue the tank mostly buys armor. Actually I’m comparing tanks vs fighters. A fighter gets to rush black cleaver... that’s 24% armour shred. They also get conquerer which is true damage conversion. A tank spends 2.7k on tabi and bramble vest... a fighter spends 3k on black cleaver... that’s 55 armour, otherwise known as 1100 gold worth of stats. As that’s combat stats that means that out of the 2.7k spent only 1.1k goes into PvP. Now remove the amount getting shredded and it becomes 42 armour, aka 840 gold worth of stats. Now if we add in the movement speed gold of 540 gold that means that out of the 2.7k you’ve just spent only 1380 gold is useable stats... meaning a gold efficiency of 51%.., half of the gold you’ve spent is wasted... it also means that the passives have to be worth 49% of the gold cost, or 1320 gold. They aren’t, especially as most top laners are casters not auto attackers. It is only gold efficient (and prob still isn’t) against auto attack only champions, all of which in the top lane have supplementary on hit effects of other damage types While that’s happening out of the 3k the fighter spent on black cleaver the stats alone add up to 2999 gold, 100% gold efficient... that’s just the stats we aren’t adding in either of its 2 passives This isn’t even taking into account conquerer either. Even if the tank has won in farm and killed the fighter as soon as you both get first item the tank is at an immediate gold disadvantage because most of its stats aren’t used anymore, it’s like buying a mana item first as a manaless champion. That’s why tanks are dead... because so long as the enemy fighter has a brain you will always be at a severe gold disadvantage no matter how much better you are compared to them. Not even pro players are bothering with tanks anymore... you can’t say they are strong when they are dead even where they are historically infinitely stronger)
: Yeah I know what you mean About juggernaughts. To my eyes they are practically the same cuz yorick and nasus just basically buy 1 dmg item and the rest are tank items. They absorb around the same amount of dmg Maybe Abit less than tanks but it´s barley noticable. Plus what are you Talking About, S8 you had so much tank meta. In my ranked games I´ve seen so many People abuse it. Sion( ALOT) , cho gath, malphite, nunu and willump, alistar, bc, amumu, leona and galio and rammus, The ones i havent or rarely seen were Poppy, shen, zac and ornn. Like I said they are good to go they bring alot in Team fight in late game. or ganks.
> Yeah I know what you mean About juggernaughts. To my eyes they are practically the same cuz yorick and nasus just basically buy 1 dmg item and the rest are tank items. They absorb around the same amount of dmg Maybe Abit less than tanks but it´s barley noticable. Tanks deal very little damage but have high utility, juggernauts have high damage but very little utility. They are polar opposites of each other. > Plus what are you Talking About, S8 you had so much tank meta. In my ranked games I´ve seen so many People abuse it. > Sion( ALOT) , cho gath, malphite, nunu and willump, alistar, bc, amumu, leona and galio and rammus, S8 was an adc meta not a tank meta. The main reason tanks where being played was because they are effective at enabling adcs, they wherent strong they just helped enable the ones that where. Also nunu wasn’t played, cho isn’t a tank, amumu wasn’t played, rammus is a counter to adcs, Galilee got built full damage so was closer to a fighter at that point. In the top lane meta the only tanks being played was sion and Ornn... how do you have a tank meta when there was only 2 in the meta. That wasn’t even half of the meta pool. And after the adc update all tanks died, only sion remained and even then he ain’t anymore... not because tanks where strong but because adcs where. > Like I said they are good to go they bring alot in Team fight in late game. or ganks. They fall off hard late game because they can’t tank anything, these days they can’t win early game because fighters are guaranteed to have a stronger first item spike as buying resistances first vs a % pen item and true damage conversion doesn’t work, their mid game no longer works because tanks shred armour and a lot of adcs get rageblade second so another % pen item. They should be good in teamfights and ganks... but right now fighters are tankier and deal more damage, tanks just have nothing going for them.
: Rant about Tank buffs and MMR balance
> What gave them the idea Nasus was WEAK and needed a 12 stack on his q, thanks to the runes he survives early fairly easily. I even read it on reddit by nasus mains how they say he is overlybuffed. Same as Yorick I remember s8 yorick can 2v1 Easily with 2 items and for what reason did they have the Need to buff him this Season.... now next patch they are buffing cho gath e like srsly stop and think for a second on what they are doing. Its gonna be tank meta at top lane all over again asif its bad enough as it is. If you have an objection to this arguement then freely tell me why you think I am wrong. You are wrong because none of them are tanks. All three are juggernauts, a subclass of fighters. Tanks are currently dead and haven’t gotten a meaningful buff in years (at least not one that fighters haven’t abused and gotten nerfed). And there wasn’t a tank meta, we’ve never actually had a tank meta in this game. The one everyone remembers was champions like ekko and fizz causing issues, maokai was the only tank actually in that meta. Tanks need way more buffs, they aren’t viable... and they also need the community to learn the difference between tanks and fighters so the correct champions get the blame for their actions.
Krstalior (EUW)
: Will we ever get a patch that nerfs all those broken bruiser and tanks to the ground?
Firstly tanks aren’t an issue at the moment... they don’t deal damage Secondly only tanky if you don’t itemise properly against it. Thirdly they only outdamage you because you are squishy... remember you might have 3 items but you’ve only got about 2000 health and no resistances, if something gets on top of you and you can’t kill them first you will die... doesn’t matter how far behind they are or how many damage items they have.
Get Juk3d (EUNE)
: {{item:3095}} is a fantastic item, the thing you need to understand is now it's not a rush item, it's actually a 4th or 5th item in a crit build. specially if you're playing with fleet foot work. {{champion:51}}{{item:3006}} {{item:3031}} {{item:3094}} {{item:3080}} {{item:3095}} {{item:3026}} but i really like the "dework"
It just struggles to actually fit into any builds... if it gave crit chance then it’d be an amazing item but right now it’s so hard to itemise for it without loosing out on dps or survivability
Vistha Kai (EUNE)
: Alternatively since Karthus' Q has non-existent cooldown... just spam it. Vayne may dodge the first Q, but she definitely isn't going to tumblr away from the next two.
Her Q cooldown while ulting is low enough that if you use the invisibility well enough you can dodge the vast majority of his stuff. Though W can help stop this
: The year is 2019
Garen is gonna be the closest that you are gonna get... weaponry aren’t at the level that would be necessary for a machine gun and the factions closest to it wouldn’t be preaching... you’re gonna need a demacian or Ionian for that, and Ionians are unlikely to be heavily armoured. So yeah garen is the closest to s space marine (actually he kinda is one, remember space marines can go into battle with melee weapons, take a space marine Sargent, swap the chainsword for a one and a half handed sword, and get rid of the bolt gun and you’ve got garen).
VIT Laati (EUNE)
: The same way as Zoe does.
Zoe is an interdimensonal entity, she exists outside of time and space and turns up anywhere she wants, both future and past. So it makes sense that she doesn’t fit, by making her not fit you emphasis the fact that she doesn’t quite belong. But a space marine wouldn’t fit, only zaun and piltover have the tech to create the arms and armour and neither would be preaching... it would create unnecessary dissonance in the theme rather than harnessing the dissonance that Zoe and bard do.
Go1990lem (EUNE)
: Aatrox
Underrated means he’s strong and not many people know it. And his low win rate is due to him being difficult, high difficulty champions have naturally low win rates regardless of strengh because less exeperenced players mess up on him more. Nether the less riot have said they have their eye on him and plan some changes soon
: i max bear first because i use aftershock on him (and shield bash) {{sticker:sg-miss-fortune}}
That’s fair... like I said there’s so many ways of playing him that you can prob justify almost any skill order and probably any items/rune as well... he’s super versatile.
Doombot (EUW)
: Really don't care if it's legal or not.
Apparently you do considering you went on a rant about it. You don’t like that riot is selling gambling to kids, but kids shouldn’t be playing the game anyway... why should riot cater to a playerbase that shouldn’t exist.
Febos (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Lester the,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9etN8eJM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-15T21:16:41.745+0000) > > Her kit is just basically a CC bot, and she doesn't have that many counters Soraka is just a heal bot; a bunch Marksmans are just basic attacks bots. That argument is fairly weak. Talking about Leona, 2 of the 3 CC abilities are skill shots. That's the counter-play; you can dodge them. The 3rd CC ability requires her to be in basic attack range. Leona is a melee champion so that's the counter-play. *** > [{quoted}](name=Lester the,realm=EUNE,application-id=39gqIYVI,discussion-id=9etN8eJM,comment-id=,timestamp=2019-03-15T21:16:41.745+0000) > > When she gets some items under her belt, she is extremely tanky and hard to kill while CCing everyone, meanwhile getting bonus armor and magic resist from her W. Like most other Tanks? How else can a Tank function? Look at Tahm Kench, Alistar and Taric. What do they all have in common with Leona? They're all Tanks, meaning they are supposed to be hard to kill. Now look at their kits. What do Tahm Kench and Taric do differently compared to Alistar and Leona? Alistar and Leona engage/start fights while the other two protect their team. Those 4 champions are put into two different categories: Vanguards and Wardens, respectively. A Vanguard's job is to start a fight and that's exactly what Leona does. She can't do what Taric does. You're complaining about something that is the foundation of a Vanguard champion. If you have a problem with Leona, then you have a problem with every other champion on that list: Alistar, Malphite, Nautilus, Sion, Zac, etc
I’m just going to add something to your last statement about tanks (more aimed at op just adding it to your point as I forgot about it when I wrote my comment) Thing about support is a lack of gold, they don’t get to farm. So support champions need to operate without much gold. That’s why tank supports get among if not outright the strongest defencive tools in the game, Leona with her W, Ali with his R, tahm gets to double his health with E, taric with his W passive and ult, Braum with his unbreakable... it’s quite common for them o have insanely strong tools for surviving. But this gets balanced by their lack of items. So while Leona gets an increased % of resistances she’s also got less resistances than the average tank... so survivability wise she becomes more or less equal.
: i personally go bear -> turtle -> phoenix -> tiger, then max bear, then tiger, then turtle but that's just me and i'm not that good with udyr (shame since i have his spirit guard skin and wanted to use him and rank him up)
I know the meta build is to max one of damage stances based on what you want (tiger for an ad build or for PvP, Phoenix for farming or on hit/ap builds), the bear and turtle based on what you need more. Ultimately it’s up to you, and there’s arguments for maxing any stance first (bear for high mobility teams, turtle for difficult match ups), it’s one of the things uydr’s kit lets him do, he’s able to build almost any way and you can do what you like with at least some success... there’s very few bad ways to play him.
radetari (EUNE)
: Well thank you for agreeing with me finally Just cuz they picked a “strong” champ doesnt mean they will do good Like all those draven instalockers for example
I’m not agreeing with you, if you thought I was then I must not have made my point clear enough. If someone is autofilled they have to play what they get given, and if they play what they are given it’s better they play the champion they know they can play rather than what you deem as strong
radetari (EUNE)
: Who is stopping you from playing? Me? Geez i really should stop posting All kinds of things can be read here
That’s the point of this post is it not, to convince people to ditch this game > The perfect time to ditch this dumb game for a while If it’s just you leaving then yes you should stop posting, it’s an even more pointless post than before if your just declaring (as someone we have never met and honestly don’t care about) that you aren’t playing anymore
: what was the fix? i literally discovered this strat right now XD
Attack speed lowered, and W damage lowered. Makes the attack speed build a lot less efficient to do... though they reckon they went OTT with it so she’s getting a few buffs later
Lester the (EUNE)
: Am I the only one who thinks that Leona is unhealthy for the game?
She’s a one trick pony, makes her very good at what she does but that’s all she does. All she can do is go in, this means she’s very susceptible to poke and falling behind... put her low enough to make engaging risky and if she actually falls far enough behind that if she engaged she’d lose the fight then she’s gonna be useless. So the counter play is recognising she can’t do anything other than engage. Also QSS is a must on any carry and crucible seriously helps on a support, gets you out of the ult. disengage is also strong but you’ve gotta be careful... her zenith blade overrides cc so if you knock her back as she connects she will drag herself to you, same with dashes. You’ve gotta dodge or let the zenith blade finish then disengage.
: yep, he has no mobility, high damage (but only 1v1) and his "unique" ultimate is basically useless as nobody goes phoenix 5 (there is no need to as bear and tiger are a must and turtle gives you sustain).
Don’t forget it wasn’t too long ago that the meta was to max Phoenix first... uydr tends to switch between Phoenix and tiger depending on the meta, as ganks are favoured over power farming the jungle uydr specs for PvP rather than PvE, aka tiger stance... but during feral flare or devourer metas he always went Phoenix.
harbleu (EUW)
: Is Riot going to ignore Udyr forever?
He’s on the list for a full VGU, but there are plenty of champions who are in a worse state than he is
radetari (EUNE)
: i know that its just that people pick champions they are bad at or just suck in this meta
It’s better for a player to pick a champion they can actually play than ones that fit the meta... trying to play a strong champion you are bad at would just produce worse results
radetari (EUNE)
: its better for my mental health if i do not play it alongside those other games
Then don’t... doesn’t mean you have to try to stop us from playing... if you don’t wanna play just stop really not that hard
radetari (EUNE)
: So many great games are on the way
This implies you can only ever play a single game... nothing stopping you from playing all of those new games while still playing league.
radetari (EUNE)
: i do have a choice it is to win no matter where i play these players do not attempt to make a choice or think for themselves
Except you don’t, if you get placed jungle you are playing jungle no matter how good you are at it. They make their choice but it’s not always up to us where we play, we’ve just gotta take what is given
: This is far from accurate. A friend of mine always queue's up mid primary and support secondary, he's getting majority of games midlane and rarely support. If I'm in the mood to play mid I queue up mid prime and jgl 2nd, giving me 60% of the time mid. When I queue up jgl first and mid second I get 99% of the time jgl with whenever I don't get it I'm autofilled as toplane, never autofilled as anything else. Top/mid players that prefer mid > top are complaiming about getting top 9/10 games. So yes, based of that it's safe to assume support has a higher popularity than toplane
I queue up top primary, support secondary. I get support enough times to show that it’s still a popularity disparity I also when wanting to play mid go mid primary top secondary... I get mid most of the time. When my friend plays ranked he goes support primary mid secondary and he gets support every game. When I get auto filled it’s always jungle or adc Problem is you are using anecdotal evidence, that’s unreliable not to mention a really small sample size (including both your and mine we’ve got a sample size of 4 players... out of a few million). Unless riot release actual statistics we have to guess... but there’s certain things we can look at. Players favour solo lanes in general, they favour ones with high profile pro players in, they favour carries, they favour ones which aren’t difficult (aka adc), andthey prefer standard gameplay (so normal laning phases) So we can deduce that support and jungle are the least popular, as they are the most unusual, the ones you learn about last when learning the game, and support is the one you can’t be the main damage dealer on. Adc depends on meta, with a burst meta it’s not gonna be as popular. Top is a solo lane, has carries, is standard, and has high profile players. Then there’s mid, no explanation needed. Don’t forget riot have changed the priorities so that you get your primary as much as possible... as mid is the lane with the last issues it’s by far the most popular so it’s gonna have people get the secondary the most regardless. But it’s all luck and probability, makes this difficult
Doombot (EUW)
: If people would buy it... let them. Supply and demand. You can't dictate how people spend their money, they can do what they want with it. The only problem I see is that Riot uses this and events + mission to get players hooked up on the silly hextech/orb gambling. Imo that's the dirty part of this business practice. I wouldn't mind at all if they sold a glorified skin for $200. Just sell it directly without the prestige point bullshit. When it comes to toxicity and gender identity politics riot likes to play the white knight, but then they still sell gambling to kids.... very strange priorities. A smart move would be to not sell gambling, sending out a clear message against it and to stop sympathizing with leftist identity politics because they are actually just pissing their players off, but whoever is responsible for these PR decisions is obviously a moron...so whatever.
> then they still sell gambling to kids They don’t... remember that the game does have an age rating, which is teens and above. So they don’t sell gambling to kids, if s kids playing the game while being below the age rating that’s the fault of the kids parents not riot. Plus unless you’ve got a job, so generally 17+ and therefore pretty much legal to gamble in the UK, then you’ve gotta get money from your parents, again their fault. ___ Loot boxes are a trend in gaming in general, and riot added them cause we showed interest in them. And ultimately they give you free stuff in a free to play game, can’t complain
radetari (EUNE)
: Don't play jungle in ranked if you don't know how
Remember you don’t always have a choice... auto fill is a thing
: Toplane being the least favorite role while mid being the most popular role in the community is the reason you get top so often
Pretty sure top is far from the least favourite... support is still the least favourite, then jungle... top and adc are close but I think top is more popular (I think) That makes it the second most popular, still a lot less than mid though It’s difficult to tell though, can’t run surveys because they are always bias (for example if you believed the ones that only included board users support is the most popular), but generally support and jungle are the two least popular roles, with adc fluctuating heavily.
: Bug with passive Illaoi
It’s not tied to damage, if the tentacle hits you she will heal, the strike doesn’t need to damage so long as it connects It’s not a big deal, if affects only 3 champions in the game, nobody else can be hit and not take damage (spell shields will cause it to effectively miss). But it ain’t a bug, just an interaction
Allisrem2 (EUW)
: They're getting rid of all point and click CC's and reworking them into skillshots or give them channel-time, let's have a look: Sion Q Veigar E now has delay Irelia E Taric E Akali, Kayle and Aatrox not CC wise, but they lost their stat-checker nature, they lost their point and click since you have to keep that dmg naturally low Counterplay is healthy for the game, now why would they reverse a rework that obviously served it's purpose and got rid of taric's stat-check nature?
Not really... they still want point and click cc in the game... it’s an important balancing tool for mobile champions. Sion was cause they wanted that channel instead, telegraphed but extremly powerful, the entire point of new sion. Veigar was cause it’s unhealthy given his high burst and long cc time Irelia her stun was a large issue, but was more changed for synergy with the mark system, giving her a reset is better if it’s AoE. As for taric riot even said they wanted to keep it..l but it wouldn’t work with his bastion mechanic, so it was ditched in favour of bastion. So point and click cc is still gonna stay in the game to combat mobility creep, for example ryze W... but it’s ditched when extremly unhealthy (Veigar) or if it would interfere with a more intresting mechanic or thematic (the other 3)
: Why is Baron weaker than Elder drake?
Elder is stronger in an actual fight, it’s got more health and more damage plus gets the dragon % damage Baron’s threat comes from getting turned on by the enemy team... he shreds magic resist, so if you get caught doing it you actually are weaker due to taking more damage from them. So elder is stronger against a single high health target (aka baron), where as baron debuffs you... both are strong but in a 1v1 elder has a massive advantage. Also remember elder spawns later in the game, so it makes sense for it to be stronger
: I don't understand how people fall for this Prestige Point mess
You loose nothing for it... quantity and quality of skins have remained the same, and as it’s just the skin team nothing else in the game is affected. So if you don’t like them don’t buy them, wouldn’t affect you in the slightest... And as for pricing you realise this is relativity cheap for rare collectibles, back when the skin black market was a thing some of the rare skins like black alistar (so less quality than prestige skins) where going for over 1 million pounds... yes that’s not even an exaggeration people spent that much on a black recolour of Ali because it was rare. Collectors are willing to spend an apsolute fortune on collectibles, this price tag is mild for them... and if you don’t want to pay it don’t buy it you don’t loose anything for it.
: It's not the same genre but it nevertheless attracts a very similar audience (just think of all the league streamers that converted to fortnite for a while when the hype was at its peak). I don't think DotA has the same kind of pull that fortnite had when it exploded onto the scene last year. Also since DotA and league are both pretty well established by now I think they have the moba audience divided up between them already, as in there probably won't be many players converting from one game to the other.
Fortnite is never going to really touch the moba player base, that’s what you need to be the main competetor, it needs to be targeting league’s main player base, fortnite just doesn’t do this it only poaches the ones who are just playing whatever game is popular not the dedicated to a genre. That’s why while both player bases are well defined DotA is still indeed the main competetor to league... if league was to shut down most of the player base would likely move to one of the other mobas, namely DotA, because that’s the game with the heaviest pull for moba players. Very few would go onto fortnite, because while it’s a popular game it lacks the similarities to challenge league for its player base. That’s what is needed for a game to be a competetor, for the potential playerbase for both games being split between the two games, even if there’s limited conversions that’s just cause both games are so old they’ve settled, but they are still the main competition.
: A new way to steal 1st Blue Buff
Problem is that this means Sandra has to start W, and thresh starts lantern. That means a weak level 1 for Syndra and a complete lack of pressure at level 2 for thresh which is a big deal. So I don’t think it’s worth it with what you’ve spent to do it... especially as ivern can steal red very easily
Avinychus (EUW)
: Sylas R
Ok but how would Braum work... cause his unbreakable redirects spells onto him, so if Braum blocks sylas ult aimed at someone else does sylas get Braum ult and what if Braum ult has been stolen recently would it fail.
: Check this guys OP.GG. He has not even played the game for a substantial time. Obvious troll ist obvious.
He called kha a ranged champion... of course he is trolling.
: Mobile legends is not LoL's biggest competitor. That's like saying some crappy chinese offbrand smartphone is the Apple iMac desktop pc's biggest competitor. League's biggest competitor is fortnite. As much as I think fortnite is utter garbage, it did draw a similar audience to LoL and thus reduced LoL's revenue (even though I have no idea where you have that 40% statistic from).
Fortnite isn’t league’s main competitor... it is a competitor but as it’s a completely different genre it can’t challenge league for the moba player base. League’s competitor is still DotA and it prob always will be now the moba craze has ended.
: Season 10 Suggestion. Answer Why Riot Lost 40% revenue in 2018
Did you actually call mobile legends league’s main competitor? Seriously that game is just a parasite. League’s main competitors are DotA, smite and HotS... and DotAs games take 40-50 mins. Mobas are built on long game times, that’s the point of them... they aren’t healthy when they are short.
Show more

swampert919

Level 128 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion