: Map Awerness, Wards, i want to learn.
Dam these are good info... So i can have the 1 pink and and 3 totums at once... (not sure of the cooldowns) but theretically i could. When at bot lane most important is last red star... So not where the river begins lol. Im sooo bad at warding haha. Also another question is when people say 'Get red/blue buff' what do i kill to get these buffs? Sorry for noob questions even tho ive been playing for a while lol. Appriciate it tho.
Rioter Comments
Eveninn (EUW)
: Just some random points that came to my mind: 1) Armor Seals. (if you can afford them) As a Mid/ADC Player myself I'm usually not too found of defensive runes, but Jungle usually needs a bit of armor. 2) Take Mastery perks like "Feast" and "Vampirism", those just give this bit of Bonus sustain. 3) As Lee, make sure to always use a spell, 2 AAs, a spell, 2 AAs, etc. To abuse his passive to full potential, that combined with {{item:1041}} should be some nice sustain. 4) If you start with {{item:2031}} and struggle, you can instead start with 3 {{item:2003}}, it gives more sustain for the first clear. 5) I'm not sure how much of a pull you get, but generally smiting Gromp or Krugs early on can give you a bit of extre clear help due to the Gromp Poison or Krug stun. (on the other Hand it runs out sooner) But this usually is not needed when you get a pull. 6) When you find yourself low but don't want to back yet, going for Rift Scuttler is a good way to kill some time for regen, and usually you heal up by killing it (and partly hitting it due to Machete) too. 7) The first back of Junglers should be when they have at least ~350 Gold, that way the can get the other jungle item ({{item:1041}} {{item:1039}}) and can fully provit of the Bonus XP. 8) The second activation of your W grants Lifesteal and Spellvamp, this spellvamp *does* apply on smite, so that's a lil bit of free HP there. ---------------------------- And a more General thing: The rule that helped me much is "If you can't make a gank work, don't try to force it". So just stay in your jungle and farm untill you see an opportunity. Failing a few ganks is the best way to get behind as jungler.
The thing that annoys me the most is that you say... stay in your jungle and farm until I see an opportunity. problem with that is as soon as the game starts I get "wheres my gank you noob" "report jungle for no gank" I'm like how the hell am I suppose to farm and get more powerfull if I'm making pointless ganks that aint doing anything. But you gave some good tips and I'm gunna look up them vids. the last post waste a waste but ok lol. thanks
Rioter Comments
: Magic damage dealers have different playstyles, for instance the way you play Fizz or Leblanc is way different to how you should play Orianna or Zyra. Check that you're doing your spell combos correctly (you can watch other players on youtube/streams for this), and make sure you're farming properly, since CS is the best consistent way to get items.
Ive settled with LeBlanc... Think she is going to be my Main that i rank with as well as my Yasuo on bench. I own with LeBlanc after a day of using her. Still struggle with ranked game though. funny how the difficulty changes in ranked games. i suck big time in ranked even with LeBlanc who i carry well with in unranked.
: Advice on a noob Mage player
Thanks everyone... i own as LeBlanc now haha... im loving it!
: Advice on a noob Mage player
Yes, i just owned it as LeBlanc and the damaged i had was Phenomenal lol. Sup'd up Blitzcrank was wiped from existence by the end of my combo lol. It was partly buying the right items first and partly not using a blank rune page cuz i decided to delete my book of runes last night haha. The start of the Laneing phase is still a bit tricky as she is quite weak passive. any tips on the beginning game with Leblanc? Thanks for your post btw. gunna have another game to see if it as luck lol
Eveninn (EUW)
: Hmmm... I could think of 4 ways that might influence not being able to burst as well. 1) Not enough items Mages are very dependant on items to deal damage, to get items you Need Money. So most likely I'd track this back to not as good CSing, which can be rather hard with some mages. But CSing (lasthitting minions) can be practiced, you should improve in it with time, and then have kmore Money -> more items -> more damage. 2) Wrong choice of items. Once you have Money, it is a question of what you do with it. This depends a lot on which Champion you Play, but for the Topic of this I'll simply talk about items that give you raw offensive power. (works well on some, not so well on some other mages) {{item:3285}} used to be my go-to item here, it gives decent AP and additionally the Bonus damage. On top of that it is cheap compared to Deathcap and the likes. {{item:3165}} got buffed up to 100 AP last patch, adding the CDR it gives it can pack quite a Punch too. It is cheap too, but doesn't have the Bonus damage. It instead gives amansustain, which many mages like to have as it means they can simply shove in the wave to Limit the enemie's possibilities. {{item:3135}} and {{item:3089}} are good pick ups for 2nd or more likely 3rd item (depends on what else you build) and both provide quite a spike in damage. {{item:3020}} Not as big of a deal, but I thought I'd still mention them. Magic Penetration gets underestimated a lot, aspecially on early levels! If you enemy has like 25 MR, and you take 15 away (even more if you use Magic Penetration Makrs), it will increase your damage by a substential %-amount. 3) Wrong Champion This depends on what you want to do, burst or DPS, single target or AoE, etc. LeBlance is one of the mages with the highest burst, mainly only single target. Malz on the other Hand is not really there to burst, but to simply DPS with his now rather low CDs and damage over time (+voidlings). His ult mainly being a tool for eiterh self defence or catching someone. (Well, with the recent Change giving it AoE damage maybe more just for more AoE DPS now) Naturally you shouldn't expect to just Pop someone with Malz, neither to DPS down someone who survived your burst with LB. This pretty much jsut Comes down to knowing your Champion. 4) Wrong Combos This again has to do with knowing your Champion well. There are a lot of advanced things in Terms of animation canceling and casttimes involved when looking to perfect your Combos, but even the Task of finding which Combos a Champion uses might not be as straight Forward in some cases. For Point 2-4 I can only recommend to look up some guides on your Champion of choice, as those things are too different for different Champions as to cover it generally. Be Aware tho that not every guide is good to be followed blindly, try looking up different ones and look for - simularities (if 9 out of 10 guides say get item X on champ X it most likely is a good choice) - what works for you (evenryone got their own playstyle, some will have the best experience with a defensive build on the same Champion others exceed with an offensive build on.) So for now I can only wish you best of luck with that! If any more specific questions come up feel free toa sk them. ^-^
Interesting read... All informative. I just literally played a game of Nearly all Mages and i literally got my Asss handed to me by a Veigar. I was Tryn with quite abit of health and boom, one hit from him and my health needed my ulti to stay alive lol. I get that sort of effect from Malzahar and LeBlanc also tho. Problem is tho, when playing BOT games i dont have enough time to make a decent build and in real games i get my backside handed to me and get alot of cursing for feeding lmao. Really want to give mages a good shot because i like the concept but dont thing im capable.
Rioter Comments
Rioter Comments
InTheory (EUW)
: Me too. Do you mean like pvp matchups? What gamemode are you playing?
Yeah, PVP, Basically I'm playing 5v5, use to dominate with like 20 kills - 1 Death ratio but now I'm summoner level 10, seems like ive upt into a totally different league. will this keep happening as I rank higher (if I'm able to rank higher lol) obviously I no as I reach level 30 I may as well give up cuz that's where you PRO's play.
Rioter Comments

x8xM4r5h411x8x

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion