: The Donald Trump Team Comp:
Ted Cruz {{champion:29}} (Out) Bernie? {{champion:26}} (Out soon) Hillary? {{champion:25}} (To be defeated in November) #MAGA
xWolfyx (EUW)
: 6 year old account got banned. Health reasons.
I'm riddled with anxiety and depression and had 2 accounts permabanned. Riot seem to take cue from North Korea's idea of justice rather than giving more of a chance for rehabilitation like in the developed world. Also my 2 accounts (main from 2010 then smurf from 2011) had about £500 spent on them both over the years, 20 rune pages, all champions, all runes, tons of skins and extra IP. The kicker? I didn't even flame. I just got in arguments with people who were already flaming me. Without any swearing or insults. But the talking alone (along with reports) was enough to repeatedly trigger the system. I made every effort through forums and Reddit to get attention, nothing but high horsed holier than thou preachers smugly telling me I deserved it. On contacting Riot they didn't even look into it, just said they don't reconsider permanent suspensions. This post will get downvotes and I'll maybe even get a few smug replies explaining that I'm toxic and I should stop crying and so on. I get you guys. You're the ones that ruined this community, you and your safe space snowflake environment where we're scared to utter a negative word for fear of punishment. What happened to freedom of speech and just using mute for idiots? I agree with bans for racism, threats, extreme toxicity. But Riot is taking the biscuit with the crap it bans and permabans people for. It's not justice, it's overkill x1000. And people still do all the same things, they just find subtle ways to do it so your system encourages passive aggressive behaviour, less effort in games, trolling, intentional feeding, saying sarcastic things or being snarky. But someone baits you into an argument sometimes when you're going through a bad time in your life, by insulting you and you slip up in frustration and swear at them once? Bye bye 6 year old account. I love this game but I despise Riot's overkill approach to player punishment. We look at our Western society and we frown on being too punitive, we admire the rehabilitative justice systems of countries such as those in Scandinavia, and we look down our noses at capital punishment, political executions in Russia and the East, beheadings for same sex relationships in some countries. Then Riot has the cheek to be just as punitive to players of its game by PERMANENTLY banning many, not for flaming or insulting, but for arguing/ talking too much (like in my case). I've given up on appealing my ban because Riot already made their mind up about it and that ship sailed in January or something when my appeal failed and my forum thread filled up with people telling me I was a terrible human being because I got permabanned and had the audacity to come here for support and guidance in my dark time. But good luck with your ban mate. I genuinely don't think you're a bad person, and I hope Riot see the light some day on the harmful effects of their overzealous punishment system. I'm all for banning the most toxic, but you're catching a lot of less toxic people with them...
mucr0 (EUNE)
: Advice from an older player
I've seen the exact same advice for years but people in this game don't appreciate nice words. Honestly. Game advice only seems to prompt negative reactions, sarcasm, spitefulness, snarkiness. I'm permabanned since January because I kept getting into arguments with people. I wasn't a flamer, playing this since 2010 (over 5 years is a long time to be playing a game daily) left me frustrated and argumentative. I still wasn't toxic, but one too many chat restricts and bans for arguing with people who were flaming/trolling, and I reached the limit and earned myself a permaban. It's left me with a negative outlook on life and a case of depression, I'm now on a high dose of SSRI's. Because I poured my heart and soul into this game, and it spat me out at the end of it all like the last 6 years have been nothing. I like your positive happy post OP, but it's perhaps a bit naive. The players of this game are like a collective black hole, and anybody who plays too long gets sucked into it.
Rioter Comments
: Aurelion Lols
Can you guys have a look into my permaban? Riot support told me when I appealed at the time that they don't consider it, but I don't think I was toxic enough to merit a permanent ban. I got into silly arguments too much, and got angry sometimes, but I'm not the type of flamer that is nasty to people. I know this isn't the ideal place to ask, but I've exhausted every other option, tried support, tried contacting Rioters. It's been a couple of months now, and I really want to play League of Legends again. I spent a lot of money over the 6 years I had this account on RP, poured my heart and soul into this, and I had so much unlocked on the account. I'm still heartbroken about this. Can't anyone look into it? I promise 1000% I will be an angel from now on and be nice to everyone in chat. By the way on-topic: Better call Saul is a brilliant show! Currently watching season 2. Again I'm really sorry for my behavior. Hope this doesn't come across as arrogant, because I'm completely apologetic about the past. \o
: I feel like this game is such a bad time for everyone.
You're right mate, but the League of Legends forums are probably the wrong place to come to about it. I've never seen such a negative community and I've been gaming, often online, since the late 1990s. With exceptions, you just won't get a positive response on these forums. That's just the way it is. Human nature - people suck. :\ I feel the exact same way about this game.
: I lost my way.
I also lost my way. Was trying to improve my behavior a bit, but then Riot permabanned me. 6 years worth of ip, all champs, many skins, over £1000 spent on RP over the years. All lost. The sad thing is I never even flamed, I just got into silly arguments and talked too much. I'm not defending myself at all, but another chance would have been nice. And now the forum's judges tell me I deserved it of course.
rokimark3 (EUNE)
: MY accaunt got perma banned
You're right mate. People shouldn't lose their game accounts for using a chat. Only for racism I think. Riot is a weird company... I play their game for hours daily for 6 years, attend fan events, spend over £1000 on RP, and they permanently ban my account because I argued with some flamers. That's not justice, sorry. You should stop with the chat restrictions & bans and just encourage people to use the mute button. Keep the bans for racism, homophobia, threatening behaviour. Trash talk should not be a bannable offense, I'm very sad.
Battler (EUNE)
: So when is soloqueue going to get released again? Because i don't want any more of this trash
It's sad that Riot has encourages passive aggressive and trolly behaviour through their fascist chat restrict and ban policy. I honestly think the whole community would've turned out more friendly if there was absolutely no chat restriction or bans based on chat (apart from racism). You could always just mute/ ignore people who annoy you, like every other online game I ever played.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: [ MOUNT TARGON TEASER] We got more stuff
I got the e-mail about it, saying 'you haven't played in a while'. YEAH RIOT, BECAUSE YOU (unfairly) PERMA BANNED ME. Now you tease me with e-mails. Someone just end my misery. :-(
Stell (EUNE)
: When you get permabanned
I played a lot of online games over the years and only in league of legends do they chat restrict and ban you for getting into the slightest arguments. Bans for racism, people who spam words like 'cancer' 'retard': I understand. Getting my 6 year old game account (this one) that I've spent hundreds of pounds on over the years perma banned because I argue with flamers and trolls? I admit I'm a bit hotheaded and I'm sorry my personality is like that. But I don't define myself as 'toxic'. There's a horrible attitude in this game that anybody who criticises is 'toxic' and 'flamer'. I've spent a LOT of money on content for this account and it's all just thrown away as they permabanned my account. No refunds, no squat. I was depressed as hell for weeks about this, and they rejected my appeal with a holier than thou attitude just like most of the replies on the forum. You must all be saintly robots who never experience a negative emotion.
: Quinn
I was a jungle warwick yesterday in a ranked, and our Garen top lane went 0-3 vs. Quinn and lost his tower pretty early. Suddenly quinn is 3 shotting me when I go for my gromp. 3 shotting my team mates anywhere on the map. 3 shotting me again when I went for my golems. Poor Garen is getting flamed quite hard by our mid and bot lane, then they start on me for dying to Quinn repeatedly in my jungle. At this point I'm standing under an inhib tower cursing this cruel world and being flamed by our mid and bot lane for 'not doing anything', but just trying to avoid feeding Quinn any more, because she instakills me if I walk anywhere on the map. I know preseason is an environment for experimenting with balance and items... but come on Riot. This champion has over a 70% win rate right now and is ruining endless games for anyone playing against it. Please release a balance hotfix on Quinn. :\
DELDE115 (EUW)
: People never learn ( . _.)
If it gets to the point of insulting and mocking I agree it should be discouraged. But you shouldn't be getting insulted by 'easy', I'm quite a sensitive person myself and even I just laugh it off when I'm losing hard and the enemy says easy. I appreciate the idea of your thread and I certainly agree that the league of legends community is a wee bit too toxic in general.
DELDE115 (EUW)
: People never learn ( . _.)
Saying 'easy' is traditional gaming banter talk. If you believe in free speech over fascism then you wouldn't be complaining about that. I agree with bans for flamers, and people who use words like 'cancer', who employ any level of racism or xenophobia in their chat. But complaining about someone saying 'easy'? That isn't so toxic, even if it is a bit obnoxious. Might as well go to WWE or professional sports matches and get the players in trouble for being proud after they win.
TentacIe (EUW)
: im done with this.
Sorry to hear about it. After recently receiving a 14 day suspension myself, for arguing in-game with a Vayne who was flaming me, I'm also really annoyed. I didn't use one swear word nor did I lower myself to her level or insult her, but she kept going, and rallied team mates and enemies in all chat by saying 'report Pantheon' over and over. I got a 2 week suspension after the game and even got e-mailed the chat log - which after examining, I still can't understand why someone at Riot thinks it's severe enough for a 2 week suspension. I posted on the forum about it trying to get help and understanding but only got endless comments telling me I'm toxic and downvotes, when I can guarantee you that in the last 5 years I've been friendly and tried to win almost every game. In future, after my ban is up, sadly, I will just be doing /mute all every game, and never using chat again - which is far from ideal; Riot has created an incredibly resentful and passive aggressive environment in this game where everyone always use sarcastic/ rude smileys, comments, and actions (such as intentionally stealing a team mates jungle camp before he last hits it, or intentionally letting a team mate die). These players thus exhibit many negative actions in-game without crossing the line where they could get punished for it. They know how to escape the punishment system, and troll bait others into reacting to them. I've lost so much respect for Riot as a company. Having spent thousands of hours playing LoL over the last 5 years and hundreds of pounds on RP, I feel very bitter, as well as depressed. I was going through a hard time in my personal life due to some family problems and league was my fun hobby that occupied my spare time, now I have nothing but resentment left. I wanted to be part of a community, I dedicated so much to this game, but it isn't a community, and Riot isn't a leader. It's a bunch of endless toxic jerks, sarcastic and passive aggressive people, and trolls, and the second you react to the negativity you end up with chat restricts and bans. Full North Korea style fascism. Considering moving the heroes of the storm myself, league of legends keeps giving me negativity and depression.
zinxao (EUW)
: 14 day ban - I'm genuinely depressed IRL
> [{quoted}](name=Weenaru,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=00070000,timestamp=2015-11-18T15:18:26.314+0000) > > I think it's perfectly bannable. I mean, look at the chat log. He's obvbiously blaming everything on Vayne. He doesn't even try to do good anymore after his first deaths. He acts like nothing is his fault. Of course, if Vayne was toxic, Vayne should take some punishment too, but the main point is that he shouldn't be acting like that even if someone else is. It's like murdering people because someone else have done it. He also completely forgets that this game is about teamplay, and if his adc wants to farm and be passive then he can't do anything about it, but instead he runs in and gets himself killed. I wasn't blaming Vayne for anything, he started flaming me after my death which is why I was typing. I already apologised in my post but still consider a 2 week ban overkill for me talking crap to someone who was flaming me. > [{quoted}](name=ThePrime0ne,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=000d,timestamp=2015-11-18T14:57:58.650+0000) > > Holy shit, you wrote a whole novel during that match. Over the length of a full game. I wasn't writing that much. > [{quoted}](name=Enjutsu,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=000f,timestamp=2015-11-18T15:32:12.677+0000) > > I bet the people you flamed are too. I was only talking trash back, it's not in my nature to flame people. I honestly don't care if someone goes 0-10 in their lane as long as they're trying. I only talked so much crap this game because vayne was flaming me. He was being salty about my pick in champ select then kept making sarcastic and rude comments in-game, and when I died, and he kept doing it all game. I'm the one that got banned for it though, so yeah I should've kept my mouth shut. But I'm still depressed about this whole situation. > [{quoted}](name=Helester,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0010,timestamp=2015-11-18T15:47:10.356+0000) > > Didnt read beyond this. Why in gods name do you think afk calling is acceptable in any way? I insta mute and report everyone like you, and for the sake of everyone in league I hope you get permabanned. > > Dont you fucking dare to ever threaten your team. It was a joke because he was flaming me, I didn't go afk whatsoever. And from your swearing/ aggressive language I don't think you're as nice as you want people on the internet to think. > [{quoted}](name=Shozis,realm=EUNE,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0012,timestamp=2015-11-18T16:14:29.104+0000) > > I just love how every player acts like an angel on forums, but is total d*ck in game (according to chat). No, judging from that chat you weren`t just 'a bit rude'. You were harrassing a teammate all game long and threaten to go afk. If you continue in this manner you can say goodbye to your account, because the next punishment is permannent ban. Nope, like I said about 10 times already, Vayne was flaming and harrassing me. I talked some crap to him because he kept going. I was wrong not to mute him and just play, and for that mistake I got a 2 week ban. At no point did I act threatening, aggressive, or swear, I was merely trash talking because he wouldn't stop flaming me. Alright well I'm logging out for now, thanks for taking the time to read my post people. For those of you who think I was in the wrong, I've already apologised for trash talking, and in future I'll just avoid using in-game chat altogether and /mute all every game. You all must be saints.
: Suspended
> [{quoted}](name=Hunters Machete,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=1lwL32E7,comment-id=,timestamp=2015-11-15T13:19:16.892+0000) > > Just got banned for 2 weeks, checked my e-mail, and this was the reason why: > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > Still no border :[ > lool > bye idiot > he serious quitted xDDD > getting exeuted > idiot team I have, going afk > no > how the fuck am I supposed to enjoy league, when we are 5 min in the game, jungler already rage quitted > ''open mid'' all the time > jesus > this game is turning into cancer, really slowly > okay we have 3 afk, > report them > reporting u both > 2 > Why? > Just, report them and it will be alright > and for afk > or refusing to play > ryze biggest tryhard i've ever seen > ol > So he can show his friends he is good > look I went 5/0 in a game with afk and trollers > u will regret doing this > but w/e > Just report alistar kalista and vi, > problem solved > So did you > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > Okay. Thought on this? Okay, I said ''cancer'' but not towards a player, I said ''bye idiot'' this was towards my jungler, who got executed in the jungle, flamed botlane for it because they gave a bad leash, and she went afk because of that. Besided that? I don't know.. > > And I don't want reactions like: ''You deserve the ban bla bla bla'' Thanks :). All you will get from boards is 'You deserve it'. The same has happened to me, I got a 14 day ban yesterday simply for talking too much because I was being flamed, and the guy who was flaming me got everyone to report me. We must just all learn to completely stop using chat and accept that Riot Games are fascist like dictators. Better to stay quiet and not get in trouble.
: > [{quoted}](name=iPro,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0005000000000000000000000001,timestamp=2015-11-18T12:59:36.207+0000) > > "Self-centric" and "anti team-play" > ;DD > > When you judge a situation like that with this ferocity, then literally anything on this planet is self centric and anti team-play. xDDDD The goals of this game are pretty clear, thouse statements were clear too. In every game there is one person, who is a bit better than the rest. (Even a tini-tiny bit better) This does not give him right to flip - off the rest of the team.
> [{quoted}](name=Im the Doctor,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=00050000000000000000000000010000,timestamp=2015-11-18T13:03:44.193+0000) > > The goals of this game are pretty clear, thouse statements were clear too. > > In every game there is one person, who is a bit better than the rest. (Even a tini-tiny bit better) > > This does not give him right to flip - off the rest of the team. Thanks. I'll just need to go walk my dog or watch a new tv show or something, since Riot has blocked my main hobby for 14 days. Oh and seeing the doctor for some anti depressants tomorrow.
Luis Sc (EUW)
: > nice useful Vayne This can be understood as a sarcastic remark. Specially when Vayne had to be good at understanding your intention and know how your cooldowns look at that given moment. Had I been Vayne, I'd be worried about my short range and trying to farm, so no time, nor patience to read belittling irrelevant chat remarks. > I'm AFK now I don't have the time nor the crayon to explain you this one in full detail - put it this way, whilst not directed st anyone in particular, he's about to impact the entire team result by doing one of the main team related issues in the game.
> [{quoted}](name=Luis Sc,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=000500020000,timestamp=2015-11-18T12:57:15.904+0000) > > This can be understood as a sarcastic remark. Specially when Vayne had to be good at understanding your intention and know how your cooldowns look at that given moment. Had I been Vayne, I'd be worried about my short range and trying to farm, so no time, nor patience to read belittling irrelevant chat remarks. > > I don't have the time nor the crayon to explain you this one in full detail - put it this way, whilst not directed st anyone in particular, he's about to impact the entire team result by doing one of the main team related issues in the game. -Nice useful vayne I said that after he flamed me for dying. I didn't flame back, I didn't insult. Was it rude? Yes, I'm sorry. I should've just kept quiet. -I'm AFK now Again, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. But I didn't go afk, I played the full game. I said some stupid stuff and got banned for 14 days and I'm now manically depressed. But keep being smug and pointing out what a bad human being I am and how much I deserve this, I can't get you off your high horse apparently. Trying to appeal or ask about a ban with this community is like telling the mob at a witch trial the guy they're about to kill isn't a witch and magic isn't real. Everyone is too fired up on their mob mentality to see a human being who doesn't have any bad intentions and who isn't a toxic person. I'll apologize again for saying stupid stuff in-game but I don't agree at all that it merits a 14 day ban. When the ban finishes I'll probably just /mute all every single game (So I don't get baited by flamers) and NEVER use chat. Sad that it came to that.
: Step by step what you do wrong: 1) "I'm afk now Wasting other people time. Concider we work 8 hous, we sleep 8 hours, we have other obligations during the day, It is like 2-3 games / day top on average. You funny little guy, just took HALF of the playtime of 9 other people, making extremely booring and unfair game. For this only you should pay... but lets continue. " enjoy the loss anyway ur too heavy" " not worth my time" " can we ff at 20" " ur wasting time" " stop wasting time" " ff" All this, you are wasting OTHER people's time. For this alone, perma ban is good punishment. But rito is nice, damn them. 2) "next time follow when ur lane mate engages" Do you think this looks like advise? Well maybe, but lets see to be sure: "we couldve had an amazing botlane, but vayne cant follow" FLAME. "what are you, 12?" FLAME. " and u just stand there and watch" FLAME. " u just stood there like a potato" FLAME Ok, its obvious, not giving advise, but flaming. 7-14 days ban. Again rito is good, not adding it. 3) "report vayne" "toxic when i died lv1" Abusing the report system - perma ban. Asking for repot - creating toxicity - 7-14 days ban. ----------------------------------------------------- If you ask me you have to be out of the league. Flame - check. Report toxic - check. Griefing - check. Negative attitude - check. I spread that much toxicity for a year or more, and I was thinking im the problem of this game. You managed to do it in one game. Concider this as your last chance!
> [{quoted}](name=Im the Doctor,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0008,timestamp=2015-11-18T12:44:33.330+0000) > > Step by step what you do wrong: > > 1) "I'm afk now > > Wasting other people time. Concider we work 8 hous, we sleep 8 hours, we have other obligations during the day, It is like 2-3 games / day top on average. > > You funny little guy, just took HALF of the playtime of 9 other people, making extremely booring and unfair game. For this only you should pay... but lets continue. > > " enjoy the loss anyway ur too heavy" > " not worth my time" > " can we ff at 20" > " ur wasting time" > " stop wasting time" > " ff" > > All this, you are wasting OTHER people's time. For this alone, perma ban is good punishment. > But rito is nice, damn them. > > 2) "next time follow when ur lane mate engages" > > Do you think this looks like advise? Well maybe, but lets see to be sure: > > "we couldve had an amazing botlane, but vayne cant follow" > FLAME. > "what are you, 12?" > FLAME. > " and u just stand there and watch" > FLAME. > " u just stood there like a potato" > FLAME > > Ok, its obvious, not giving advise, but flaming. 7-14 days ban. Again rito is good, not adding it. > > 3) "report vayne" "toxic when i died lv1" > > Abusing the report system - perma ban. > > Asking for repot - creating toxicity - 7-14 days ban. > > ----------------------------------------------------- > > If you ask me you have to be out of the league. > > Flame - check. > Report toxic - check. > Griefing - check. > Negative attitude - check. > > I spread that much toxicity for a year or more, and I was thinking im the problem of this game. > You managed to do it in one game. > > Concider this as your last chance! Vayne was saying much worse things, swearing and insulting I was just talking back to him. The afk thing was a joke, I played for the whole game apart from when I was typing to the flaming vayne, who kept spamming 'Report this Pantheon' in chat and all chat, and they all did report me, and I got banned. :\ Your reaction is the same as many people - smug, self-righteous, like a mob cheering and agreeing with the judge as a guy is put to execution. Except you're wrong, I'm not a toxic player, I just got baited by this vayne into saying stupid crap. I wouldn't have complained about a few chat restricts or a 24 hour ban, but being banned from the game for 2 WEEKS just because I said some stupid crap (while Vayne is swearing at me and insulting me and gets no punishment) is ridiculous. Please Riot consider my case. :(
Irrsinn (EUW)
: It's a game, if you can't even stop yourself from raging in such an enviroment, how do you even get through everyday life?
> [{quoted}](name=Irrsinn,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=000500000000,timestamp=2015-11-18T12:38:59.605+0000) > > It's a game, if you can't even stop yourself from raging in such an enviroment, how do you even get through everyday life? How was I raging? I just said some stupid crap because vayne provoked me. I just think it's really overkill to get a 14 day ban when I never flame and in the vast majority of my games I'm the nice quiet person who doesn't use chat, says gl hf and gg wp. One slip and banned.
Luis Sc (EUW)
: In your very first 2 sentences, each made of only 3 words, you managed to belittle your teammate and threat your team.
> [{quoted}](name=Luis Sc,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0005,timestamp=2015-11-18T12:34:06.560+0000) > > In your very first 2 sentences, each made of only 3 words, you managed to belittle your teammate and threat your team. Context: I died engaging as we got early level 2 over enemy adc and supp, while vayne farmed. Then he started being toxic. So I got annoyed. Yes, I said dumb stuff. Humans do that sometimes. 14 day ban? :\
: My main got perma banned due to toxic behavior. I find it funny to be PERMANENTLY banned for talking sh* in a competitive game... The worst part was, that my last game was with 4 premade trolls who all started insulting me in the lobby and all reported me for no reason. After sending a mail to riot to look into the last game, I got an automated message... I can't believe how a game developer of a game like this dares to treat the community like this, I've been playing since season 1 and invested a lot of money in my account and they don't even read my defence...
> [{quoted}](name=DeadlySnowball,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=6HK4bL2z,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-11-18T11:41:52.590+0000) > > My main got perma banned due to toxic behavior. I find it funny to be PERMANENTLY banned for talking sh* in a competitive game... The worst part was, that my last game was with 4 premade trolls who all started insulting me in the lobby and all reported me for no reason. After sending a mail to riot to look into the last game, I got an automated message... > > I can't believe how a game developer of a game like this dares to treat the community like this, I've been playing since season 1 and invested a lot of money in my account and they don't even read my defence... I agree, it's ridiculous what they're doing. Many people who genuinely are toxic by being negative, passive aggressive, sarcastic and rude all the time never get into any trouble because they know how to avoid the punishment system. Of course the League of Legends community just replies to it all with 'not me, not my problem, haha you got banned deal with it', and if you ask or contact Riot about it you get an automated response or copy and paste telling you to improve your behavior. Riot are becoming quite fascist. You realise by even having a punishment and report feature, you're creating a toxic environment, Riot? You realise that if there was no report option (except perhaps for intentional feeding, cheating, and scripting), and players were just advised to mute toxic players, that everyone would be much happier? None of this people spamming 'Report this jinx' or 'Report thresh' 100 times every game because they lost their lane? And who would cry, who would suffer, who would be a victim? No one, because you can just mute anyone who is a dick. I've been into computer gaming for a long ass time, played WoW for many years and endless other games many of which came with large multiplayer communities. Never before have I seen trash talk get censored and punished so severely. Trash talk was always a healthy part of gaming, back chat and banter was the backbone of player interaction and part of what made the community fun and interesting. Now with League of Legends It's like you're creating a game for a community of mormons who get post traumatic stress disorder if someone says something remotely negative and need their safe space, and no one can have any dialogue or criticism without everyone spamming 'report this guy he hurt my feelings'. Oh and if you reply to people who are flaming, YOU get banned, like me. {{champion:83}}
Rioter Comments
: Game crashed or server crashed?EU west...
Happened to me too about 15 minutes ago in my ranked, I closed the client with ctrl+alt+del and restarted it, and I couldn't even login. There's servers and routers everywhere in the world, all cities, all routes, it's how data gets from spot A to spot B. Chances are one of those routers was faulty for a brief time, causing network disruption in a localized area for people trying to connect to league of legends. I was able to login 5 minutes later and reconnect. I assume it was some router either in Riot's server infrastructure or somewhere between there and players, like I said above. We managed to win our game even though I was dc'd for 5 minutes. The other 9 players in my game had no dc, so I can assume it only affected a minority of LoL players, if you are also from the UK then it may have affected UK players only.
Rioter Comments
Qoqoo (EUW)
: STOP BLAMING/REPORTING OTHERS DUE TO YOUR OWN MISTAKES AND STUPIDITY
Here's a good one that happened to me: Someone splitpushing, jungler jungling, other 2 guys have died, and 5 enemies pushing mid. I escaped with 150 hp. 5 enemies are on our tower, our jungler is recalling, I'm recalling, the splitpusher is recalling. They all start flaming me for not defending the tower/ running from the 5 enemies so that I didn't die. ('This pantheon so useless help team') and the usual insults. Past me would have gotten into arguments and typed too much, but these days I just shout at my monitor and don't respond to them at all in chat, then report them at the score screen. It takes far too long to play out those chat and ranked restricts. Another common one is your jungler thinking it's a great idea to gank your lane when you're out of mana and at 20% hp and have loads of enemy minions between you and the enemy. Your jungler charges onto him, then flames you for not following and tells you he's not going to gank any more.
Halethien (EUW)
: When did words become more important then gameplay itself ?
Agreed completely, I've said it in other posts and I'll say it again here: Human beings are not robots. League of Legends is a highly competitive game which can often get frustrating. Add into the mix people who get a kick from being sarcastic/ making rude comments (while doing it without using any 'flame' words), as well as people who troll/ intentionally feed/ throw games/ steal farm or camps, and it can make a person get quite angry. Do we all need to act like Ned Flanders or Jesus himself? You'd need to be some sort of saint or Angel to never get a little irked at the best of times in this game when people exhibit negative behaviour. After going through chat restricts in the past I've completely changed my approach to just punching my wall/ screaming into a pillow/ swearing at my monitor - I recommend it as an alternative approach to trying to communicate or respond to trolls/ flamers, because they'll just drag you down and you'll end up chat restricted.
healinglolz (EUNE)
: RiotRepertoir @Meddler@ Pantheo ult and passive
The channel time is ridiculously long at the moment, it should be 1 or 2 seconds shorter than it is currently.
: Skarner
None of those things should be factors in your decision, just buy a champion if you want to and don't care about other people. Buy him if you want. :)
: League of legends Favors Trolls and Supports them
This is so true, I'm currently waiting to hear back from Riot about my latest rank ban & chat restrict - I seem to be stuck in a loop of them. I'll play through the 75 chat restricts & 35 normal wins, only for usually a few days later (sometimes a week) a new one appears. I've made great effort to prevent myself from uttering a single word that could even be construed as negative, and I'm now at the point where I'm just going to never talk in-game again, because Riot wants Jesus Christ or Ned Flanders and every other player reports if you so much as ask them to ward or ask politely why they went 0-30-0 with 6 boots.
: Games
I guess from those that you like open world RPG's, I'd recommend The Elder Scrolls series - Morrowind, Oblivion, and skyrim. Also very highly rated by gamers (haven't played them myself though) are The Witcher series. As far as older RPG's go, I have deep love in my heart for the final fantasy series. Final fantasy 7 and Final fantasy 8 are both on Steam and reasonable priced iiirc. The graphics are quite old but nice/ beautiful in their own way if you can appreciate something that a lot of work has been put into, the worlds and all the different locations you can visit in those games are great. I'd also recommend FF9 but you'd only be able to play it on a playstation 1 console or an emulator on your PC.
xCillion (EUW)
: > [{quoted}](name=Silvio,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=V6cfFE5I,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-09-06T01:22:24.945+0000) > > Also I highly doubt Riot will look at my account and I'll probably have to play through these 35 draft wins again. Maybe it will be less depressing if I have one or more players to duo/ premade together, anyone up for draft normal games? Add Silvio <3 [Submit a Request](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to Riot Support, ask to get transferred to Player Behaviour and Justice, and have them check your case.. They can eventually show you some logs, or atleast tell you if it was an error (thus fix it) or working as intended.
> [{quoted}](name=xCillion,realm=EUW,application-id=NzaqEm3e,discussion-id=V6cfFE5I,comment-id=00000000,timestamp=2015-09-06T01:31:04.244+0000) > > [Submit a Request](https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) to Riot Support, ask to get transferred to Player Behaviour and Justice, and have them check your case.. They can eventually show you some logs, or atleast tell you if it was an error (thus fix it) or working as intended. Thanks, I was checking the support request but could never see a category for this subject. I'll do that. Thanks again. <3 {{champion:115}}
: Jesus...
I have to agree with op on this one. This is a competitive online game and obviously frustration will appear and people will slip and say something negative once in a while. There's a built-in mute function. Too many people recently know how to be completely obnoxious: walk up and steal your jungle minion when you're just about to lasthit it, come to your lane and clear waves, feed intentionally, buy troll items, call you bad. But it all flies under the radar, and these people know how to avoid the punishment system. The second someone utters a swear word they get banned. I've never played a game with such a ridiculous (almost fascist) punishment system as Riot's, and I've been into PC gaming since the early 2000's, endless hours with online RTS's (aoe series, warcraft series) as well as a lot of time invested in WoW and WoW clans, even went through a guild wars phase. I'm stuck in a never ending cycle of chat and ranked restrictions, no matter how nice I am to people, no matter how silent I am. People report for the heck of it and this flawed system hits you with big bans. They need to remove chat alltogether (like Hearthstone) or remove the report system and simply implement some sort of automatic mute for the rest of a game the second someone says a trigger word (or even a vote in-game to mute someone for the rest of that game). The current system is ridiculous, too many decent people are getting caught out and a whole load of toxic people know how to avoid being banned while continuing their behaviour.
Domino60 (EUNE)
: Why Hitler is censored ?
It's a bad move by Riot. History can't be censored, when you start muting and hiding words (or anything), you go down a slippery slope into fascism. It always starts off with good intentions.
zinxao (EUW)
: Riot: I keep getting hit with chat restricts and rank bans even though I've improved my behaviour?
Also I highly doubt Riot will look at my account and I'll probably have to play through these 35 draft wins again. Maybe it will be less depressing if I have one or more players to duo/ premade together, anyone up for draft normal games? Add Silvio <3
Rioter Comments
ZeeDrakon (EUW)
: increasing the penalty would just give more power to trolls....
> [{quoted}](name=FlyingGünther,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=XmEWjG81,comment-id=0000,timestamp=2015-05-23T14:49:49.879+0000) > > increasing the penalty would just give more power to trolls.... > [{quoted}](name=LordBrasca,realm=EUW,application-id=ln3nNJrX,discussion-id=XmEWjG81,comment-id=0001,timestamp=2015-05-23T14:57:57.634+0000) > > We are already losing LP for "Mid or feed" (spoiler: he will feed anyways), so thx but not thx i think we are all paying enough when we dodge to don't get the insta lose for the troll. The response to a troll should not be to queue dodge. You should ideally play the game out, and then the 4 of your team mates and the enemy team should report the troll; this way the troll is eventually penalised by means of ban/ game restrictions. If somebody dodges, the troll experiences no negative consequence.
Rioter Comments
Viscides (EUW)
: Cant Log On nor Connect to Games
I now have 5 x 20 minutw waits because leaverbuster has decided I'm an afker/ leaver. Working 40 hours a week and commuting isn't enough. I'm doing 100 minutes for Riot's servers too. Thanks Riot.
: Got kicked out of game, now i cant connect to server
So this afternoon I couldn't enter my game, and disconnected from games before it. Now I have to wait 20 minutes to enter a game thanks to afk/ leaverbuster, for 5 games. 100 minutes. Like working 50 hours a week and commuting isn't taking up enough of my time, I now can't even connect to LoL game because of server issues, and to top it all of I'm getting leaves and having to sit around waiting to enter games because of leaverbuster. About to stab myself in the eyes just now...
zinxao (EUW)
: Anyway if this happens to anyone in the future, google traceroute and use a traceroute program (or the one built into windows through command line) to find your problem router and confirm where the issue is.
Ok I take all of this back. I can't get into a game I just started. Sigh.
zinxao (EUW)
: I finally got into the game just now. Anyway how the internet works (in layman's terms) is that depending on your location your traffic goes through many, many routers, very fast (milliseconds of course) to get from your computer, to your ISP infrastructure, to Riot's servers. Normally when there's connection issues that aren't Riot's or your fault, they're on one of the routers between your ISP and riot. Your traffic doesn't just jump from your ISP's servers to Riot's server, there are a load of routers in between and often if one of them is having even the smallest problem it can create severe connectivity issues. It won't normally affect other things such as access to websites and other games because your traffic to those will just happen to travel through different routers, just like cars taking different roads to get to different destinations. I'm 100% certain that's what's caused the problems in the past hour. Seems to be fine now, thankfully.
Anyway if this happens to anyone in the future, google traceroute and use a traceroute program (or the one built into windows through command line) to find your problem router and confirm where the issue is.
zinxao (EUW)
: I've completely DMZ'd my computer on my router, and turned off windows firewall. No success. This is either on Riot's end, or some router between my ISP and their servers. Gonna try rebooting my router a few times. I'm with plusnet, who like most UK ISP's use BT's telephony and internet infrastructure. Guessing this is a temporary issue affecting UK users by the looks of things.
I finally got into the game just now. Anyway how the internet works (in layman's terms) is that depending on your location your traffic goes through many, many routers, very fast (milliseconds of course) to get from your computer, to your ISP infrastructure, to Riot's servers. Normally when there's connection issues that aren't Riot's or your fault, they're on one of the routers between your ISP and riot. Your traffic doesn't just jump from your ISP's servers to Riot's server, there are a load of routers in between and often if one of them is having even the smallest problem it can create severe connectivity issues. It won't normally affect other things such as access to websites and other games because your traffic to those will just happen to travel through different routers, just like cars taking different roads to get to different destinations. I'm 100% certain that's what's caused the problems in the past hour. Seems to be fine now, thankfully.
Viscides (EUW)
: Cant Log On nor Connect to Games
I've completely DMZ'd my computer on my router, and turned off windows firewall. No success. This is either on Riot's end, or some router between my ISP and their servers. Gonna try rebooting my router a few times. I'm with plusnet, who like most UK ISP's use BT's telephony and internet infrastructure. Guessing this is a temporary issue affecting UK users by the looks of things.

zinxao

Level 30 (EUW)
Lifetime Upvotes
Create a Discussion